MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > We're All But Done

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 381   Go Down

Author Topic: We're All But Done  (Read 238661 times)

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
We're All But Done
« on: December 16, 2010, 01:02:59 AM »

I look at the topics in the political forum. Most all are partisan bashing fluff. Distractions from the real reality. In my opinion, other than Smash's" Gold Silver topic, their is nothing we need to be discussing other than the looming financial collapse of the country. Most didn't see the looming financial meltdown of 2008,
yet today, they ignore a looming dollar financial meltdown that is totally predictable.
John Kopke

PXaiver

Re: We're All But Done
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 10:20:04 AM »

So you're talking about when the gold bubble bursts?

SMASH

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 10:28:54 AM »

So you're talking about when the gold bubble bursts?

Shaggy it's not a gold bubble, it's a dollar bubble.

With QE2 we monetized what? 600 million dollars or so of debt? When you monetize debt the result is inflation caused by the influx of currency in the market.

This video gives a good explaination of how it works and gives some ways to avoid the potential outcomes.

It is lengthy, but, worth a look.

Meltup
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 10:30:40 AM by SMASH »

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
  • Doing the impossible makes us mighty.
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 10:33:18 AM »

So you deny that there is a gold bubble? That's either stupidity or naivety.
http://daveherndon.blogspot.com/

You believe in life after death, I believe in death after life

I swear it upon Zeus; an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.

- Socrates

Non Illegitimati Carborundum

"Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they are going to collapse. But the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further, beyond all limits. Only when these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached."

SMASH

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 11:18:49 AM »

So you deny that there is a gold bubble? That's either stupidity or naivety.
What is gold purchased with, bubblegum?

Baby Hitler

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 11:32:41 AM »

What is gold purchased with, bubblegum?

If it is a dollar "bubble" that means that the cost of gold is going to skyrocket, which is what you are predicting, but others are speculating that the cost of gold is going to fall, which would be a gold "bubble".

Only time will tell which of these scenerios is going to come about.

Brian Beneteau

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 01:17:34 PM »

If it is a dollar "bubble" that means that the cost of gold is going to skyrocket, which is what you are predicting, but others are speculating that the cost of gold is going to fall, which would be a gold "bubble".

I think you will see both if you wait long enough. Gold will skyrocket, since it already has, and will continue on it's upward path for so long as the dollar loses strength. Should the US economy recover, you will see those heavily invested in gold as a hedge against inflation bail out and jump back into stocks, thus resulting in a steep downward trend in gold. It could be possible that a gold backed world currency is used, thus sending the value of the US dollar further down to nothing. It is interesting hearing all of the conspiracies about the controlling of the prices of silver and gold. Many good articles are available at www.kitco.com
I don't share my thoughts with the intent to change your mind...I simply wish to let others know my thoughts so that if they are like minded, they know they aren't alone.

SMASH

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 01:44:55 PM »

The last thing I want to do is argue semantics.

While I agree with you 100% one situation will play itself out i think the dollar is the one more likely to happen.
As I've said before; I prefer to look at history and trends. Both of them, with the support of those that know a heck of a lot more about this than I do, show that at the very least we are in for a whole lot of trouble.

I will say this, and again I'm repeating myself. Gold is merely reflecting and responding to the dollar and the actions of market as driven by the FED and the fiscal decisions of the government.

When the dollar bubble pops gold will still have value in and of itself as a commodity or a currency. The dollar, on the other hand will be useful for wallpaper or burning for heat.
That is why I say it is a dollar, not a gold bubble.

There is a video available that explains it way better than I could. If you are interested, just say the word and I will post up a link.

I also agree with you about kitco. I have been keenly watching the speed of the private and government mines ramping up for record rates of production. I don't think this is solely driven by monetary interests! With private mints having trouble getting silver and gold on the open market, and demand for private currencies going up, someone has to get it out of the ground!

I love the fact people are quickly buying up private currencies. It lays a frame work, in the hands of the people, a ready and capable currency to replace the dollar in the event of it's demise. As long as we can prevent actions by the government similar to those taken by FDR in the 30's.
If the government does try to ban the sale or use of gold or silver again, or, attempt to sieze it, the people will know the jig is up!

old salt

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 01:56:24 PM »

Wouldn't the EU and the euro collapse before the dollar?  It's already on shaky ground (not that the dollar is on terra firma).
Voting Democrat Will Destroy Your Family, Grow Government, Raise Your Taxes, Increase Crime, Reduce Individual Rights, And Diminish Western Civilization.

PXaiver

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 02:22:41 PM »

As I have said before, I place no value in gold.  That means if a currency is backed by gold I feel it is worthless.

Brian Beneteau

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 02:48:05 PM »

As I have said before, I place no value in gold.  That means if a currency is backed by gold I feel it is worthless.
I have to disagree with you on that one. I feel a currency backed by gold (which is accepted worldwide) is much better than currency that is "backed by the full faith and credit of the United States."
I don't share my thoughts with the intent to change your mind...I simply wish to let others know my thoughts so that if they are like minded, they know they aren't alone.

SMASH

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 03:22:04 PM »

Wouldn't the EU and the euro collapse before the dollar?  It's already on shaky ground (not that the dollar is on terra firma).
I see it just the opposite. The dollar sinking the euro.
The IMF is already working their voodoo in the EU. They are quickly setting up their banana republics in the EU at record pace.
Europe will be led kicking and screaming into the New World Financial Order ahead of us.
They(the IMF) are already getting austerity agreements out of the governments of the smaller EU states and granting them bailouts. The interest rates are such that they will never get repaid. Spain and Portugal are weak in the knees and Belgium just had their bonds lowered by S&P today!
Welcome to the EU Plantation!
If Germany pulls the plug or gets sick of paying for the bailout of the smaller economies of the EU things are going to get real dicey.

PXaiver

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 03:41:49 PM »

I have to disagree with you on that one. I feel a currency backed by gold (which is accepted worldwide) is much better than currency that is "backed by the full faith and credit of the United States."

Well I hope you don't try to buy anything from me with a gold backed currency.  To me it's nothing than a worthless ugly metal.

Brian Beneteau

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 04:26:40 PM »

Well I hope you don't try to buy anything from me with a gold backed currency.  To me it's nothing than a worthless ugly metal.
What are you selling? I may want to get rid of some money and keep gold. In fact, if you come up with some gold I'll give you cash for it. ;)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2010, 08:01:11 AM »

Now you can buy your gold from an ATM like machine :-\ :-\ :-\

BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) -- Shoppers who are looking for something sparkly to put under the Christmas tree can skip the jewelry and go straight to the source: an ATM that dispenses shiny 24-carat gold bars and coins.

A German company planned to install the machine Friday at an upscale mall in Boca Raton, a South Florida paradise of palm trees, pink buildings and wealthy retirees.

Thomas Geissler, CEO of Ex Oriente Lux and inventor of the Gold To Go machines, says the majority of buyers will be walk-ups enamored by the novelty. But he says they're also convenient for more serious investors looking to bypass the hassle of buying gold at pawn shops and over the Internet.

Much more at:  http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_GOLD_ATM?SITE=OHTOL&SECTION=US&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 381   Go Up