MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > We're All But Done

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 381   Go Down

Author Topic: We're All But Done  (Read 238189 times)

Johnson35

• Hero Talker
Re: We're All But Done
« Reply #1425 on: October 28, 2012, 12:41:36 PM »

If that is the case then Gov. Romney's support for the Military during Vietnam was acceptable, no?

I believe he was supporting the war and not the troops specifically.
"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love, you make"

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1426 on: October 28, 2012, 12:44:34 PM »

I believe he was supporting the war and not the troops specifically.

How can you separate the two?  If you believe the conflict is justified then you support those in harms way, correct? 
"While we try to teach our childern about life, our childern teach us what life is about"  - Angela Schmidt

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1427 on: October 28, 2012, 01:12:08 PM »

I have to ask the same thing. 

How do you determine he supports a war but NOT troops?

Additionally, it seems I see a pass given to Clinton, but Romney being held to some higher expectation.

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1428 on: October 28, 2012, 01:47:57 PM »

I have to ask the same thing. 

How do you determine he supports a war but NOT troops?

Additionally, it seems I see a pass given to Clinton, but Romney being held to some higher expectation.

In terms of Pres. Clinton, I believe Johnson35 has been consistent, in that because Pres. Clinton was against the war in Vietnam and sought a deferment his position is consistent.  I can see the logic in this position. 
"While we try to teach our childern about life, our childern teach us what life is about"  - Angela Schmidt

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1429 on: October 28, 2012, 02:01:44 PM »

There.  I fixed it for you.   ;D
The Republican Party of LIES should just disband and not be allowed into ANY government position.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #1430 on: October 28, 2012, 07:36:37 PM »

The Republican Party of LIES should just disband and not be allowed into ANY government position.

Bwaahhhh, haaaahhh, hhaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Yeah. Right.
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1431 on: October 28, 2012, 08:42:25 PM »

What lies would those be?

I can think of several lies and cover-ups that Obama is currently engaged in.

Pretty strange for a President who as a candidate promised the most ethical and transparent administration ever.

Just another broken promise - or is that in fact a lie?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1432 on: October 28, 2012, 09:50:34 PM »

The Federal Reserve is now printing half, or more, of the dollars needed to cover our deficits. We the people and other countries aren't buying nearly as much government paper as we used to. Makes sense. The government pays less interest than the rate of inflation. Then you look at government spending and you know they'll continue to trash the dollar rather than tell us we have to cut spending.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 06:11:54 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

Johnson35

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1433 on: October 29, 2012, 12:43:20 AM »

How can you separate the two?  If you believe the conflict is justified then you support those in harms way, correct?

Easily, by saying bring our troops home and end the conflict.  That is showing support for our troops.
"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love, you make"

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1434 on: October 29, 2012, 01:39:19 AM »

Easily, by saying bring our troops home and end the conflict.  That is showing support for our troops.

OK - but if someone believes the conflict is necessary and just they would also support the troops by ensuring that they (our Military) have the best resources (beans and bullets, if you will) to win the war. 

Our Military, like it or not, trains for combat and while no person who has ever supported the Military or served in the military (OK, no sane person) wants conflit - sadly, at times it is both necessary and just. 

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #1435 on: October 29, 2012, 06:30:30 AM »

So, by that logic, by leaving them there, Obama doesn't support the troops in Afghanistan.

Gotcha.   8*
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1436 on: October 30, 2012, 10:47:39 PM »

Obama is Commander-In-Chief. The storm Sandy is hammering the Northeast. Tragic. The President is stepping up.
We expect him to direct government resources into the affected area and he is doing so. No complaints.

Then there is Bengazi. Unlike the storm Sandy, we didn't get three days notice. It was in our face, right here, right now. This attack took place over a 7 hour period of time, and come to find out, we were tuned into what was going on throughout the ordeal. Yet we got 2 weeks of it is an anti-Muhammed video's fault, then poor intelligence was the problem. Now, 6 weeks later, Obama proclaims the minute he found out what was going on he sent out a directive that everything should be done to secure our personnal. And nothing was done.

So did the various agencies, and the military, simply blow off his directive? Did Obama ever give a directive?
How come it took 6 weeks before we heard about Obama issuing a directive.

Short answer. They just thought of it.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 10:53:11 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1437 on: October 30, 2012, 11:13:13 PM »

I'll tell you another thing. This evolving WH narrative would be laughable if the subject weren't so tragic. And the MSM is ignoring the story. Anything to help Obama get through the election. Which brings us back full circle from where we began. The tragidy in Bengazi takes place and the White House hastily makes up a story hoping it will get them past the election. Story almost immediately falls apart and now the strategy is obfuscate, misdirect, complicate and garble.   
John Kopke

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1438 on: October 31, 2012, 11:32:27 PM »

Saw this and thought of you:
'Bitter Loser' Sen John McCain Politicizes 'Storm Relief' Event, Calls Obama Incompetent!

'Bitter Loser' Sen John McCain Politicizes 'Storm Relief' Event, Calls Obama Incompetent!
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1439 on: November 02, 2012, 11:42:33 PM »

Media tells us the  election will be close. I don't think so. I think Romney wins big. People understand we're drowning.
Forward my butt! Obama not only doesn't know how to read a balance sheet, he doesn't know what one is.
John Kopke
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 381   Go Up