MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Miscellaneous > Anytime you think you're having a bad day, someone is having it worse than you!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Anytime you think you're having a bad day, someone is having it worse than you!  (Read 6903 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.

This place needs a little bit of humor injected again...

Here's one for side car 'flip'...

heck, maybe it's even one of his company trucks...

or better yet 'him' (the tweet did say no injuries or I wouldn't have even hinted at that) ;) ;) ;)

How many wheels on an 18 wheeler?

I wonder what the last 2 words were as this was starting to 'go over' ??? ??? ???

I'll bet we can't print them here whatever they were ;) ;) ;)

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker

The guy who got burnt up on Telegraph is DEFINITELY having a worse day than I am!

Or maybe not!

:-[

I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker

Two days in a row our 'bad day' award is going to a trucker in Toledo...

These must be truckers not clear on the concept of keeping the wheels on the pavement and not in the air...

I hope this one has some help cleaning up his mess...

if not they're going to be there all day :o :o :o

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker

There weren't any reports of injuries on the tweet I saw about the crash this morning so hopefully no one was hurt.  Maybe both drivers will get teeshirts with this on them:

Debimark

• Super Talker

Along the thread...

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker

Maybe putting a pond at the end of the runway wasn't the smartest idea in the first place ;D ;D ;D

This is near Daytona Beach...   

this might have been more fun than watching a few stock cars crash :o :o :o

It happened yesterday and I'm sure it ruined someone's day although the tow truck operator looks like he's smiling all the way to the bank :P :P :P

I hope they fed the alligator before they got in the water ;) ;) ;)

Here's the article with a few more photos of the recovery:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jet-rolls-florida-pond-n90626

Here's the Google aerial view of the site.  It's a very large and popular 'fly in' community.  After you land your plane you can then taxi it right up to your house and put it in your private hangar.  Keeping up with the neighbors must be a ***** in that neighborhood ;) ;) ;)  We've driven around it a couple of times but way too many people in the area for me :( :( :(

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.0764303,-81.0514584,299m/data=!3m1!1e3

Here's a couple of their websites...

http://www.7fl6.com/

http://www.7fl6.com/2008/01/spruce-creek-airport-7fl6.html

They do have a golf course there Professor in case you just want fly in and out for an afternoon of golf 8) 8) 8)

http://www.7fl6.com/2008/02/spruce-creek-country-club.html

Maverick

• Hero Talker

Not a Hole In One-but-One in the Hole. Do you think he bought a round at the bar later ?
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker

So any landing you can walk away from is a good landing......

So if you have to swim away from your landing is it still a good landing?

;D
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker

Apparently it's easier to have a bad day if you're a young gal in something skimpy:

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker

Our youngest daughter has her keys on one of these lanyards...

I'll have to show this to her:

This is probably how the chief can kicker has them fill the potholes in his subdivision:

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker

What is it about exit 11?

Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

CaptJack

• Active Talker

A very sad accident..

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!

My Mom, for such a simple woman is a power of strength through adversity, taught me not only by her difficult life but also in occasional words and examples that always put things in perspective for me that there are many who have more difficult lives than what we saw.  I will always appreciate her for those subtle teachings.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker

None of the accidents were ours btw.  The one on the Central exit and the one at the BE's exit are both high center of gravity rollovers and both drivers should be cited for execessive speed and failure to control.  You can't negotiate an off ramp with a high center of gravity load at the posted speed limit and not expect it roll.

In the case of the Central Avenue Flat bed roll, thats a Utility Trailer, steel framed, aluminum deck, ours are all aluminum/aluminum.  If the load stayed on the trailer, it's considered securely chained (under ICC/DOT regulations).  If the load came off, the driver will also be cited for an improperly secured load in addition to Failure to control and excessive speed for conditions.

Failure to control resulting in a damage accident is 4 points plus CSA points to the carrier and the police/DOT will look at his log book which may or may not result in more CSA points.

The I75 accident, because the driver is deceased, any infractions will be levied against his employer, like log book violations or equipment viloations.

It's tough driving a commercial vehicle today.  Every corner has a barney fife with a ticket book and every carrier has their own enforcement personnnel.  Thats what I do.  I give drivers bad hair days..... ;D

The accident on 75 involving the two van trucks, I believe we will find out that the one driver had either a heart attack or an acute mechanical failure (the one that pasted the bridge abutment) and was dead on the scene.  The second vehicle wasn't able to avoid getting into the fray.  That driver probably won't be charged with anything but is out his truck and someone will have to stand good for the cargo...  a bad day for sure.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker

This is right by the Whiteford elementary school just a little bit ago...

From a tweet:

https://twitter.com/DonnellyDoug/status/466008667351810048/photo/1/large

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up