MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Miscellaneous > Anytime you think you're having a bad day, someone is having it worse than you!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Anytime you think you're having a bad day, someone is having it worse than you!  (Read 5916 times)

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!

Things like that just happen on occasion down there......they could care less about OSHA or union contractors, especially after a drunken council meeting.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker

It looks like that demolition was planned in the bar, and executed immediately after happy hour.

God I love the South - except for the bugs, and the humidity, and the heat.

But Southerners - man they are fun and they will try anything once, no matter how bad an idea it seems to be.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!

It was a hoot growing up in the rural area I was in the South/Midwest.......and it got crazier the further south you went.

Plain and simple folk, loved a good time, and knew how to enjoy life.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.

It was a hoot growing up in the rural area I was in the South/Midwest.......and it got crazier the further south you went.

Plain and simple folk, loved a good time, and knew how to enjoy life.

My Mom was born and grew up in south Georgia and Florida and we would travel through and visit the area regularly as we were growing up.  Spent a lot of time in Atlanta which was considered to be the 'enlightened' south!!!

When I was about 5 or 6 my uncle (my Mom's sister's husband) was a big shot at B. F. Goodrich Chemical Co. in Akron and he was sent out to Henry, Illinois (just north of Peoria) to open and manage a new agri-chemical plant.  Even though Henry is almost due west (may actually be a mile north) of Peoria it seemed like it was a thousand miles to the south!!!

Although my aunt enjoyed it I think it was a bit of a 'culture shock' to my cousins.  We enjoyed our frequent visits though. 

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker

All I can say is 'ooops'!!!!

Mähtraktor drohte in Emscher zu versinken

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?

All I can say is 'ooops'!!!!

Mähtraktor drohte in Emscher zu versinken

I was waiting for the cable to snap, then hear a big splash!  Lol
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 06:15:24 AM by BigRedDog »

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!

How the hell are the 3 on the very far left still hanging on?  Bottoms must lock to the top of the one below it?

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker

How the hell are the 3 on the very far left still hanging on?  Bottoms must lock to the top of the one below it?

I kind of wondered the same thing...

maybe they're full of helium balloons!

For sure not bolted together with those cheap chinese nuts and bolts some people try to pass off as 'hardware' :o :o :o

Here's a little more info on how to 'secure your load' ;) ;) ;)

https://www.aimu.org/aimupapers/OnDeck.pdf

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker

What are all these truck 'drivers' doing when they should be reading the signs that indicate how high (or low) an overpass is?

Seems like this happens quite often.  This one should have been obviously 'very low' to anyone in a truck!!!

http://nbc24.com/news/offbeat/gallery/photos-walmart-truck-smashes-into-overpass#photo-1

The last couple of pictures show signs (at least on the opposite side) that say 10' 10"!!!

Professor H

• Hero Talker

What are all these truck 'drivers' doing when they should be reading the signs that indicate how high (or low) an overpass is?

Seems like this happens quite often.  This one should have been obviously 'very low' to anyone in a truck!!!

http://nbc24.com/news/offbeat/gallery/photos-walmart-truck-smashes-into-overpass#photo-1

The last couple of pictures show signs (at least on the opposite side) that say 10' 10"!!!

I was amazed at the speed he had to be doing to get almost all the way through!   

I guess the recent ads calling for experienced drivers for walmart didn't pan out too well :)
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker

I was amazed at the speed he had to be doing to get almost all the way through!   

I guess the recent ads calling for experienced drivers for walmart didn't pan out too well :)

It's not a Wal-Mart company driver, that is a contractor, US Express. and it don't take a lot of speed to peel aluminum sheet, just a steel plate at a 10' height on a 13'6 trailer.

Obviously the clown cannot read the height sign.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker

ICC / DOT regs state:  All underpasses must be high enough to clear a 13-6 truck body (Unless otherwise posted).

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker

Containers actually lock together at all four corners with forged  half turn pins and lock to the deck of a container ship, the same way.  Someone didn't lock all 4 corners on the bottom set.

If you happen to get a chance to look at a container trailer with a container on it, you can see the lock pins.  The DOT and International DOT has very specific requirements as to tensile strength and shear.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up