MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Miscellaneous > Wants and needs!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wants and needs!  (Read 581 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
Wants and needs!
« on: May 16, 2016, 08:02:38 AM »

I need a piece of conveyor belting.  Enough to cover the deck of my car trailer...  8' x 16'.  I hate to be too fussy but most of what I'm finding is quite thick and I really don't want to add too much weight if I can avoid it.

A 1/4 or 5/16"  thick piece should be just fine. 

I can find it online but shipping costs would be prohibitive...

With as many industrial buildings around here that have been torn down it must have ended up 'somewhere'!

For those that don't know what I'm talking about and are curious here's a couple of websites:

http://www.repurposedmaterialsinc.com/used-conveyor-belt-used-conveyor-belting

http://www.bmgtampa.com/used-conveyor-belting/

« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 08:08:16 AM by BigRedDog »
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

Maverick

• Hero Talker
Re: Wants and needs!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 08:38:24 AM »

The biggest users of belting around here are the quarries. I'd just call there. You might get lucky.
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 08:50:18 AM »

The biggest users of belting around here are the quarries. I'd just call there. You might get lucky.

I've got to get a couple of loads of stone so I'll ask when I'm there.  I think what they're using is going to be like 3/4 of an inch though.  The trailer has a 6000 GVW and I don't want half of that to be in the deck cover. 

At the very least they may be able to enlighten me as to who does their maintenance and replacement work.

I'm thinking that unless they have a big market for used stuff a guy might be able to get a really good deal by showing up and helping haul it away!

Sometimes coffee and donuts works as good as $$$$$$$ ;) ;) ;)

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 08:59:41 AM »

I'll ask my friend when i can get ahold of him.  He designs conveyor systems for mfg facilities.  I think he's still in Mexico but should be home soon.
How about some of those long rubber backed carpet mats you seen in some stores near the entrance?  Usually there are companies that charge retailers and they swap them out for clean ones.  After a while I'd guess they get so bad they pitch them
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 09:02:40 AM by blue2 »

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 09:13:35 AM »

I'll ask my friend when i can get ahold of him.  He designs conveyor systems for mfg facilities.  I think he's still in Mexico but should be home soon.
How about some of those long rubber backed carpet mats you seen in some stores near the entrance?  Usually there are companies that charge retailers and they swap them out for clean ones.  After a while I'd guess they get so bad they pitch them

That's about the weight of material I'm thinking of.  I could put the down side 'up' ;) ;) ;)

Pages: [1]   Go Up