MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Business Openings

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 78   Go Down

Author Topic: Business Openings  (Read 79693 times)

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
Re: Business Openings
« Reply #1080 on: April 09, 2018, 07:26:15 AM »

Pat Catans seems a lot slower than when they were at the other location.   Being so close to Hobby Lobby, and a lot less visible probably hurt.   When they moved Target was still there and a couple new stores, all now gone, had just opened at the mall.   Bet they regret it.   The one big advantage PC has is they are open on Sunday--important to parents who's kids have a project due Monday.

Bon Ton's auction got rescheduled to tomorrow.   Must be still trying to hammer out a deal to save part or all of the company.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 07:59:20 AM by ytrewq »

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #1081 on: April 09, 2018, 02:04:41 PM »

Pat Catans seems a lot slower than when they were at the other location.   Being so close to Hobby Lobby, and a lot less visible probably hurt.   When they moved Target was still there and a couple new stores, all now gone, had just opened at the mall.  Bet they regret it.   The one big advantage PC has is they are open on Sunday--important to parents who's kids have a project due Monday.

Bon Ton's auction got rescheduled to tomorrow.   Must be still trying to hammer out a deal to save part or all of the company.

Makes me wonder if they'll just move back to their former S. Dixie building if the mall closes.  I suppose they could operate out of their current location as they're kind of 'free standing' but they would really be off the beaten path at that point. 
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1082 on: April 09, 2018, 08:32:43 PM »

Speaking of Auctions, the Shiver Shack in Deerfield is up for auction.  Been for sale for 3 years and no bites.  Guess they are tired of paying RE taxes on a no profit business.

Pretty soon Deerfield will dry up and blow away.  Plane Wave is moving out too, to Adrian.  Have to change the name to Deadfield.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1083 on: April 12, 2018, 11:05:26 PM »

Saw a sign in the window of the former Asiana -   some Tai type place  "opening soon"...
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

ytrewq

• Hero Talker

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #1085 on: April 26, 2018, 08:28:07 AM »

Harbor Freight Tools
Associate Sales
1549 N TELEGRAPH RD
MONROE

https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=26281&siteid=6657&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=459909&codes=INDEED#jobDetails=459909_6657

Interesting about the 1549 address.  I shows on the tax rolls as Subway but also has a couple of 'inactive' listings.  Maybe they're just doing job interviews in the Subway?  Maybe Subway is moving or closing.  I saw something in just the last few days that Subway was preparing to close around 500 units across the country. 

Seems like it would be confusing to have 2 businesses with the same address though.

1549 N TELEGRAPH   07 000 634 00 (Parcel Number)   SUCESSFUL RESTAURANTS PERFORMACE IN   **Personal Property
1549 N TELEGRAPH   07 000 634 00 (Parcel Number)   **Sub-Address - view parcel details for owner information   **Personal Property
**Inactive
1549 N TELEGRAPH   07 806 003 00 (Parcel Number)   **Sub-Address - view parcel details for owner information   **Inactive

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1086 on: April 26, 2018, 10:53:23 AM »

I saw that.   Subway is a small space between 2 big, empty spaces I believe.   The pool store just moved too, opening up a big area on the south end but looking at the aerial view those units aren't very deep.   

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #1087 on: April 28, 2018, 09:17:58 AM »

We've had some discussion on the 'Mulch King' business down in Bedford before. 

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20180428/mulch-king-fills-need-for-yard-waste-disposal

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1088 on: April 28, 2018, 09:51:03 AM »

There are huge piles of stuff there now.  He's moved a lot of dirt around on what looks like 8 or 10 acres.   Dug some pits for something.
I'd like to buy mulch from him as an alternative to what we can but now.  I'm pretty sure the mulch we get from where ever is the source of all the strange bugs and weeds.
He sure has a lot of expensive heavy equip setting around.

And i hope for the sake of all the sufferers in Bedford township the pyromaniacs take the stuff there.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1089 on: April 28, 2018, 11:18:30 AM »

Heidtman (Bates Jr.) owned the property and may still own it for all I know.  At one time, Dundee Products had a buy option on it,(they were going to build a new plant there), in addition to the one they have in Dundee, but that must have fallen through.  Only issue I see is potential leaching of contaminated runoff from the operation getting into the drain that runs through it.

People tend to bring more that leaves, sticks and brush to drop off....
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #1090 on: April 28, 2018, 02:00:54 PM »

I saw that.   Subway is a small space between 2 big, empty spaces I believe.   The pool store just moved too, opening up a big area on the south end but looking at the aerial view those units aren't very deep.

Yes, Subway 'was' a small space between 2 big, empty spaces.  Subway is long gone and the walls are demolished out into both of the empty spaces.  There's a small sign in the door that says Subway is closed and please visit us at one of our other locations. 

There's a demolition permit in the window but nothing about Harbor Freight anywhere on that.  There are already big rolls of commercial carpet setting off to one side. 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #1091 on: April 28, 2018, 02:34:59 PM »

Heidtman (Bates Jr.) owned the property and may still own it for all I know.  At one time, Dundee Products had a buy option on it,(they were going to build a new plant there), in addition to the one they have in Dundee, but that must have fallen through.  Only issue I see is potential leaching of contaminated runoff from the operation getting into the drain that runs through it.

People tend to bring more that leaves, sticks and brush to drop off....

Especially if there isn't someone there all the time monitoring exactly what is being unloaded!

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1092 on: April 28, 2018, 09:23:59 PM »

Bet that carpet was in whatever was to the north of subway.   Unless we're getting some kind of fancy Harbor Freight.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #1093 on: April 29, 2018, 08:03:51 AM »

Bet that carpet was in whatever was to the north of subway.   Unless we're getting some kind of fancy Harbor Freight.

I thought it was odd to see carpet rolls at this point.  I didn't spend a long time looking at them but they all looked the same length and the rolls all the same size and all very nice and neat.  Not like a typical demolition project.

Maybe it's something else besides carpet.

I was thinking they may put carpet in their offices and break room, etc. 

Harbor Freight will go from the Gym on the south to Aaron's on the north.  Maybe they should leave the Subway in the middle and just incorporate it into a new business structure...

Harbor Freight and Salad!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1094 on: April 30, 2018, 10:06:10 AM »

I see the famous  "Open soon" sign on a potential new place on M-50

The tiny place that tried several hot dog and sit down places appears to be headed to a Pizza and Sub place. 
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 78   Go Up