MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 10:13:18 PM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by Professor H

I tend to be the same way!  I don't have a dashcam 'yet' but I'm getting closer.

I have a friend who has a dash cam - and it got him out of a bus passing ticket - as he was able to show footage that the bus didn't have its devices activated. 

I'm debating if its worth one or not...  probably depends on how close you can come to mounting it behind the rear view mirror. 

on: Today at 10:04:43 PM 
Started by The Fuzz - Last post by Professor H
http://www.13abc.com/content/news/Michigan-authorities-looking-for-person-who-set-multiple-fires-452475383.html

Today it's just a pile of wood or a few lawn chairs...

next month or next year no idea what it might be.

I've studied some 'psychology of the arsonist' in a fire science class I had years ago...   they can be some of the most messed up people there are out there.  Hopefully they will find him (rarely a female) and get him some help!!!

Agree -  like the one who was doing the strip club/ Bedford Sports buildings -  eventually it can get out of hand.

on: Today at 08:14:44 PM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by Monroe Native
They have publicly stated that they are going to be out of the coal business by 2050.

I have heard from people that work there that in less than 10-20 years they will be done.

Another Obama in the White House - I don't see them making 2050.

Just my opinion.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2017/05/16/dte-plans-coal-plants-carbon/324991001/

on: Today at 08:00:01 PM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by Maverick
It is going to suck across the board. County, city,schools,seniors,veterans,fairview,
Even if they get it reduced 25% thats still a big hit.
DTE just put $2 billion into the plant. They aren't going anywhere soon. They are just acting like a business and if they can intimidate there way to a reduction they will.

on: Today at 07:53:31 PM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by The Fuzz
My bet is that there will be a few incumbents drop out and not want to deal with the tougher times ahead.

on: Today at 07:29:36 PM 
DTE is negotiating that their property tax is too high for the Monroe Power Plant.

This is the same Monroe Power Plant that many politicians and City Employees have told us that we should pass more and more tax millages - because DTE will pay 40% of the bills.

This is also the same Monroe Power Plant that will probably be gone in the next 10-15 years.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20171023/dte-proposal-to-slash-taxes-would-hit-governments

Given this news....

Is it time to run up a bunch of debt on 20 year bonds that you can't pay back?

Or is it time to start living as a Governmental Unit as if that money is gone?

It is not too late to not buy new fire trucks - and to not build a new fire station.

The City will already be facing a bond for bridge rebuilding that will probably come up short - go figure since they rebuilt one bridge twice.

They will also be facing repayment of Bonds for Retirement Health Care - that they are gambling on the stock market.

They already have debt for a Multi Sports facility that they closed down.

Should they get more debt for a Fire Station and new Fire Trucks? 

I know what I would do.....  They will probably try to raise the tax millage rate on the residents - which in my opinion will kill what little remains of the property values in the city.

This should be the key campaign issue in the upcoming election - if you ask me.

on: Today at 06:36:34 PM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by Monroe Native
To me the marked decline in QB is worrysome.   This guy couldn't beat Speith, and the only other thing I can think of is they don't want to waste a years eligibility on the Freshman.

I am guessing they don't want to destroy a freshman behind this O Line.

Perhaps they are more realistic about what they had then we were.

on: Today at 06:35:16 PM 
I agree.....still disappointing, but that's just from being a fan and following the hype.

I good clip I read today.....https://sports.yahoo.com/michigan-fine-jim-harbaugh-apos-141311418.html

It would be nice to win a B1G title, or another National Championship - but I think it will come.

Everyone at the beginning of the year had them at 8-4.  Looks about right now - unless things start to click in a major way.  I guess I thought that was low - but I was hoping for a reload - not a rebuild.  That probably wasn't going to happen at this stage of the program.

The main thing I am happy about is they appear to be doing things the right way.

Kids are taking real majors that require studying - which wasn't the case a few years ago.

I am pretty sure that Harbaugh and his staff are putting out Michigan Men - as does Beilein,  Mel, and the other coaches.  We have a great AD at the helm - finally - who is focused on his student athletes.

This glass is half full! 

Honestly what would really disappoint me is if we had a player arrested during the week - and a football miracle happened and he played him on Saturday.

I don't think that is going to happen.

It might win football games - but it doesn't accomplish the goal.

on: Today at 06:31:26 PM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by The Fuzz
Nope, just the billing for what the insurance company doesn't pick up.

on: Today at 06:25:12 PM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by The Fuzz
I agree.....still disappointing, but that's just from being a fan and following the hype.

I good clip I read today.....https://sports.yahoo.com/michigan-fine-jim-harbaugh-apos-141311418.html

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10