MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
 on: May 18, 2018, 08:38:27 AM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by BigRedDog
Mlive had a couple of articles yesterday.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2018/05/victims_to_drop_support_for_pa.html#incart_2box_mlive_homepage_featured_entries

Engler giving everyone a 'pep' talk about how strong MSU will be when this is all over!

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2018/05/engler_says_michigan_state_wil.html

on: May 18, 2018, 08:16:01 AM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by BigRedDog
Lots of cloud cover today but the sun is peeking through at times. 

A solid breeze blowing in from Lake Erie.  Warnings out for shoreline flooding today!

on: May 17, 2018, 11:27:15 PM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by John Kopke
I think all of us are getting the picture that none of the politicians are good for us..
That may be more true about republican's and independents than diehard democrats.

Blue:

Splain yourself. Why is it more true about Pukes and Independents than Dems? To me I'm ticked about Republicans not doing what they should be doing, while l'm ticked with Dems for doing what they are doing.

on: May 17, 2018, 10:41:11 PM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by blue2
I think all of us are getting the picture that none of the politicians are good for us..
That may be more true about republican's and independents than diehard democrats.

on: May 17, 2018, 09:34:58 PM 
I disagree. I believe they are both worth a wet fart.

Here is how I see it. The Dems allow human feces and needles to be strewn around San Francisco. Explain that. Now I'm pissed at both parties, but I'm pissed at the Dems for what they do, and I pissed at the Pukes for what they won't do,

on: May 17, 2018, 09:13:53 PM 
Guess I have entered the ranks of seasoned citizens. I don't like where the culture of America is heading. I blame this on Progressive Dem Politicians that promote it, and the Republicans that don't have courage to effectively combat it.

Leading up to the 2012 Presidential election Obama told us his religious beliefs would not allow him to promote gay marriage. I agreed with him. After he was elected his opinion changed, mine didn't. Then the courts decided gay marriage was AOK. Didn't matter what the folks thought. So because my opinion hadn't changed Obama and company started describing me as a homophobic Neanderthal.  Well, for good measure, let me just say, I'm also against Transgender males in Ladies bathrooms.

Trump haters go nuts telling us that Trump is a big liar. Over a thousand since he was elected they say. Well I won't defend everything he has said. Let's just say he is a promoter that doesn't sweat the details. Yet when I spoke to a leftist friend of mine who was railing about Trump's lies I asked him to mention one. He said Trump had lied about the size of the crowd at his inauguration. Oh my God! Hang him from the highest tree! My reply was is this "lie" equivalent to "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor, or if you like your health insurance you can keep your health insurance." Well I lost my health insurance coverage, and I got hammered with premium increases, but nothing happened to me when Trump declared his crowd was bigger.

I could go on, but I want to catch my breath. I expect others will weigh in.

on: May 17, 2018, 09:04:53 PM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by blue2
Another hepatitis A identified for a produce worker at Aldi store in Toledo.

on: May 17, 2018, 08:07:55 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by blue2
Afraid this will go nowhere. Because all roads lead to Obama.

on: May 17, 2018, 07:26:40 PM 
Kind of emphasizes the ineffectiveness of politicians in general.

Republicans spent eight years trying to bring charges against the Obama administration but came up empty even though they had obvious evidence. The Democrats are much more savvy at dirty politics, but even they are having a hard time coming up with substantial charges.

It’s always Blah .. blah .. blah. 

In the end, I’m not seeing anyone in orange jumpsuits.
That’s the way it’s been since at least the banking crisis we had.
Banks and brokerages went out of business, but no one went to prison. 

I'm with you brother. Call worthless Con. Wahlburg's office and tell them to grow a spine.
I have.

on: May 17, 2018, 05:28:50 PM 
Started by 12 Bones - Last post by Monique
Eleven years ago?! Eleven years ago!!

The things I like about Monroe.......
1) how everyone is related to everyone or knows someone who is related to you ....... (get the picture) I really do love this. Hard to find an unrelated male to marry but hey? I'm married. LOL
2) how we pull together and support families who need it whether it's illness or fire we are just THERE!
3) I like how if you see an accident today it WILL be on the front page tomorrow so you will know what happened. (that is important for us really nosey folk)
4) I like that we have a theater for plays and small concerts.
5) I enjoy the fact that we are all best friends 3 hours before the sales that begin the day after Thanksgiving while sitting in line. But when we are inside that store we are bitter enemies if we are after the same "product" haha.
6) I love the Sensational Beginnings sale every summer. It is fabulous!
7) We have an incredible jewel in the Nursing Program at the college!

What I don't like about Monroe.......
1) the fact that we are all related. (I know I used this one already) but it is a double edged sword!
2) That if you are in the hospital ER for anything(even visiting) by the time you get home half the town knows......
3) There is not enough reasonable parking downtown! Walking from St Mary's isn't an option for alot of our residents.
4) The riverwalk.
5) OUR OUTLET MALL IS A JOKE!
6) parking at our hospital for visitors is lousy. Must be for staff also b/c if I lived on Lemerand I'd be ready to go "postal" on half the cars parked down the road. Lord have mercy.
7) The old boys feel to so many decisions made around town in different political venues and educational areas!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]