MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
 on: February 21, 2018, 07:52:32 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by SidecarFlip
Or become a monument to stupidity in your front yard....

on: February 21, 2018, 07:51:11 PM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by SidecarFlip
Sounds like we may get a 'winter mix' by daybreak so it may get way more interesting by mid morning :( :( :(

Isn't 'winter mix' when MCRC stays in the yard and all the idiots in a hurry play 'dodgem'?

Our road is nothing but huge holes and that don't slow them down...at all.  I'm amazed that no one hasn't wound up in our front yard...yet.  Fingers crossed.... ;D

on: February 21, 2018, 07:48:14 PM 
Theres a special range you have to use. Monroe County has one and there is one in Lansing. The sheriff has the right to not allow former employees on the property including the range. Who's liable if something goes bad while they are there. Who's liable if they slip and fall. who's liable if they come back guns a blazing because they are disgruntled.
They are being inconvenienced by having to certify in Lansing. Boo Fricking Hoo !!

If you are referring to the 'wannabe' range on Telegraph, it's not much.  Nothing 'special' about it that I can see.  They can go to Lansing and swing by the tit bars on Jolly Road.

on: February 21, 2018, 07:47:43 PM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by BigRedDog
Water makes the roadway look smooth...lol

I went through the mailbox thing a few years ago but ours got smashed regularly.  Cured that.  Built one from 1/8" hot rolled plate welded up with a 1/8" plate door, even added a flag.  Since then, no more smashed boxes.  Got to build one for my buddy on Tunnecliffe Road.  He gets his smashed about weekly.

Sounds like we may get a 'winter mix' by daybreak so it may get way more interesting by mid morning :( :( :(

on: February 21, 2018, 07:44:45 PM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by BigRedDog
We were out in Frenchtown late this afternoon and saw fire trucks at the old Comboni Mission building.  Lots of smoke but not much fire.

on: February 21, 2018, 07:43:26 PM 
So 3 complaining about having to use a public range...   and the one who had felonies is still trying?  Too sick to return to work should equal to sick to qualify and carry with that special permit.   

I see common sense is lacking - although he did get his nearly million from us taxpayers.

Probably got a couple hundred and his mouthpiece got the rest.

on: February 21, 2018, 07:42:13 PM 
The field across from us is flooded and our sideyard on the west is too. 

The rain has covered up all the crumbling asphalt and potholes so people are flying again.  We're going to have some kind of a crash at some point.  I hope they miss my mailbox when they do!!!

Water makes the roadway look smooth...lol

I went through the mailbox thing a few years ago but ours got smashed regularly.  Cured that.  Built one from 1/8" hot rolled plate welded up with a 1/8" plate door, even added a flag.  Since then, no more smashed boxes.  Got to build one for my buddy on Tunnecliffe Road.  He gets his smashed about weekly.

on: February 21, 2018, 07:38:56 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by BigRedDog
It's not coming back? Good.  Too bad Elon wasn't in the drivers seat...

Yes, it might be coming back but now while we have to think about it.  There's about an 8-10% that the orbit it's in 'may' bring it back close to earth in several hundred to several thousand years. 

That's what I was actually looking for when I found the article on the website that's tracking it. 

Right now I'm more concerned one of these cars flying by here in the dark are going to hit one of these rapidly growing potholes and take out my mailbox!!!

on: February 21, 2018, 06:50:28 PM 
It's not coming back?  Good.  Too bad Elon wasn't in the drivers seat...

on: February 21, 2018, 06:48:59 PM 
I like and trust Calley a heck of a lot farther than Schutte or Engler.  Remember, it was Calley who initiated the 'Clean MI.org to get the legislative term limit and commensurate pay and part time legislature on the ballot, I did my part and hope he got the necessary signatures.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]