MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
 on: October 12, 2018, 11:58:08 PM 
Started by ytrewq - Last post by Maverick
The developer should have asked for contract zoning. That way the developer can develop the way he says he is going to and the twp can have some assurance that he will follow his sales pitch. Theres two sides to every coin but Frenchtown does have a well deserved reputation of crapping in their food dish when it comes to economic development. As few times as someone tries to bring a development of this size to our county everyone should bend over backwards to make it happen. Frenchtown has never had that mindset. They have gotten lucky a few times but it was never because they tried to make it happen.

on: October 12, 2018, 10:31:42 PM 
Started by ytrewq - Last post by Monroe Native
I think this is a case where Frenchtown would lose in court.

You have to let a property owner get SOME use from their land.

It wouldn't be hard to argue the land can't be used the way it is zoned now.

on: October 12, 2018, 09:32:20 PM 
Started by ytrewq - Last post by SidecarFlip
You cannot.  Besides, there is no money in farming right now.  I think you'll start seeing farmers that are heavily leveraged go tits up in the next year or two.  I plan on doing some auctions and buying another late model machine cheap.  Got my eye on a nice low hours 120 horse JD cab with FWA.

Gonna be a lot of green machine on the block shortly.

Crop prices are depressed and inputs have doubled in the past year.

Frenchtown is stupid.

on: October 12, 2018, 09:24:26 PM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by SidecarFlip
Thought a Trojan was a rubber.... ;D

on: October 12, 2018, 09:16:40 PM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by Monroe Native
Not a happy night for the Monroe Trojans.

on: October 12, 2018, 09:07:13 PM 
Started by ytrewq - Last post by Monroe Native
Are you surprised ?

Yes......

How the heck could you farm that site????

Really?

on: October 12, 2018, 09:06:19 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by SidecarFlip
Amy brought in the Ivy's.  Supposed to frost tonight, I doubt it though, it's raining.  Frost and rain don't really mix.

Our RV is exactly where it belongs, winterized, shore powered in the garage, where it will stay until spring.  I need to add a pair of solar panels over the winter and a controller.  I think 200 watts is enough for a pair of group 24 batteries.

We have no interest in 'going south', never have.  I'd prefer going north to Maine for instance.

Both propane bottles are full and I'm happy.  Furnace is coming on and it's 70 in here.

I'd like a hard freeze so I can pick some Brussles Sprouts.  Love those little cabbages.  Plants are loaded.

on: October 12, 2018, 06:55:45 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by Maverick
Bringing my agave's in tonight for the winter.

on: October 12, 2018, 05:03:41 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by eriemermaid
I am heading to meet relatives tomorrow morning and decided to sleep in a wal-mart parking lot last night in IL.    I was only going to get about 4 hours rest so woke up at 4:30 to take off again and the outside temp was 32, inside was 48! Brrrr!  Already stopped today, but parked the rig and am roughing it at a hotel tonight! :)  It is time to head south!

on: October 12, 2018, 04:59:27 PM 
Started by ytrewq - Last post by Maverick
Are you surprised ?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]