MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > Chainsaw Sharpening

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chainsaw Sharpening  (Read 1034 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: Chainsaw Sharpening
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2016, 08:34:07 AM »

Thanks to all who replied.  You have given me a couple of options and I found that Sells Equipment in Woodhaven also does them.

I'll look into the Dremel option but that means I will need to buy one as well.   I have a file with a guide but it just does not seem to do much when I have tried it in the past.

Buy your files in quantity and buy quality like Nicholson.  Bailey Online sells them in 12 packs.  Get a file card and clean them too.

Like I said, I stay away from commercial resharpeners.  They remove way too much tooth when grinding a loop.  They want you to buy a new one (loop) after a few sharpenings so they over grind on purpose.

Bailey's also sells grinding outfits if you want one.  Go into business grinding chains yourself.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2016, 08:45:27 AM »

My husband always took his chains to a guy on South telegraph. I don't know whether it's a Monroe address or a LaSalle address.  You go south past Alban and pass the two churches on the right and then it's right after the second church, I think there's a chainsaw sign by the road or by his garage, I can't remember.

Is that the brick home with the two big iron wagon wheels hanging out by the road?

That's the only place I can think of that fits your description and the guy that lived there did all kinds of repair work for years.  I don't know what happened to him but the place was sold not too long ago.  I'll look closer but I don't remember seeing any kinds of signs out front lately.
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2016, 10:03:14 AM »

That is where I meant. Of course my husband's been gone quite a while. 

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2016, 11:35:31 AM »

From the sounds of things (on here), maybe I should invest in a professional grade chain grinder.  I already sharpen chipper knives btw.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up