MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > Creationism Vs. Evolution - New Poll

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creationism Vs. Evolution - New Poll  (Read 22014 times)

MonroeMonkey

Re: Creationism Vs. Evolution - New Poll
« Reply #225 on: July 31, 2012, 07:45:45 PM »

With all the PROOF that the blueprint of human hands is seen in the "mudflipper" that Steven Jay Gould's book picture says is 365 milion years old(evolved from the lobe finned fish over the course of 20 million years)...

You compel me to beat the dumb horse again.

Mudflipper? Do you mean mudskipper? Get the name right. Lol...

Less is trying to say that this is a Mudskipper.

THIS is a mudskipper:

Look at the anatomies of the two. Mudskippers are not even sarcopterygians, they are oxudercinaes.

Now, provide of a picture of the sarcopterygian Gould had in his book.

sammy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #226 on: July 31, 2012, 08:01:08 PM »

Note to Xerxes; you will NEVER stop beating this horse, just as Less, who said Goodbye a few days ago, will never stop. Interesting to watch all the stopping, however.

MonroeMonkey

« Reply #227 on: July 31, 2012, 08:05:47 PM »

Oh, and when it comes to the Broca's Convolution, I can't make any comments on that, as I don't know anything about that particular case.

But I've shown plenty of living transitions (although, all species are in transition or temporary equilibrium) and mentioned the peppered moths, which were observed to gain beneficial mutations, and the podarcis sicula (P. sicula), etc., etc., etc.

This is an amazing evidence of beneficial mutations:

In 1971, ten adult P. sicula specimens from the island of Pod Kopiste were transported 3.5 km east to the island of Pod Mrcaru (both Croatian islands lie in the Adriatic Sea near Lastovo), where they founded a new bottlenecked population. The two islands have similar size, elevation, microclimate, and a general absence of terrestrial predators and the P. sicula expanded for decades without human interference, even outcompeting the (now extinct) local Podarcis melisellensis population.

Following the Yugoslav Wars, scientists returned to Pod Mrcaru and found that the lizards currently occupying Pod Mrcaru differ greatly from those on Pod Kopiste. While mitochondrial DNA analyses have verified that P. sicula currently on Pod Mrcaru are genetically indistinguishable from the Pod Kopiste source population, the new Pod Mrcaru population of P. sicula was described, in August 2007, as having a larger average size, shorter hind limbs, lower maximal sprint speed and altered response to simulated predatory attacks compared to the original Pod Kopiste population. These population changes in morphology and behavior were attributed to "relaxed predation intensity" and greater protection from vegetation on Pod Mrcaru.

In 2008, further analysis revealed that the Pod Mrcaru population of P. sicula have significantly different head morphology (longer, wider, and taller heads) and increased bite force compared to the original Pod Kopiste population. This change in head shape corresponded with a shift in diet: Pod Kopiste P. sicula are primarily insectivorous, but those on Pod Mrcaru eat substantially more plant matter. The changes in foraging style may have contributed to a greater population density and decreased territorial behavior of the Pod Mrcaru population.

The most surprising difference found between the two populations was the discovery, in the Pod Mrcaru lizards, of cecal valves, which slow down food passage and provide fermenting chambers, allowing commensal microorganisms to convert cellulose to nutrients digestible by the lizards. Additionally, the researchers discovered that nematodes were common in the guts of Pod Mrcaru lizards, but absent from Pod Kopiste P. sicula, which do not have cecal valves. The cecal valves, which occur in less than 1 percent of all known species of scaled reptiles, have been described as an "evolutionary novelty, a brand new feature not present in the ancestral population and newly evolved in these lizards".

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 08:20:16 PM by Xerxes »

MonroeMonkey

« Reply #228 on: July 31, 2012, 08:07:01 PM »

Note to Xerxes; you will NEVER stop beating this horse, just as Less, who said Goodbye a few days ago, will never stop. Interesting to watch all the stopping, however.

Seriously, I'm going to stop!

Ok... I'm stopping NOW.

I'm done beating this horse.  ;D Less can have the last word.

LessGovernment

• Hero Talker
  • "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom"
« Reply #229 on: July 31, 2012, 08:40:54 PM »

Here's more about Hovind from Wikipedia:

Here's MORE about Hovind from Lew Rockwell about his TAX CASE:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/sardi/sardi143.html

Xerxes, you are really gonna run away from showing us HOW human speech evolved from grunts and groans of apes?  AND you are gonna beat me up on the TYPO "mudflipper" vs. "mudskipper" when you KNOW FULL WELL you have NO evidence for radiometric dating of the Devonain rocks that housed the 385 million year old lobe finned fish in Steven Jay Gould's book that pictures it turning into a "mudskipper" 20 million years later BECAUSE another fossil was found in a Devonian rock layer(that you cannot PROVE) was dated at 365 million years old?

Pretty WEAK presentation; can't BACK UP your Steven Jay Gould stuff that YOU POSTED before you asked about coral tide!

I am GIVING you recent history, man - this should be EASY for you - 5-11 million years ago, Broca's Convolusion manifested itself as a beneficial mutation and humans, or, humans in transition(like Nebraska man - 6 million years old) started to SPEAK and make language, and portray thoughts, and pass on accumulated information to succeeding generations through story-telling?

Got something - or - more Hovind bashing and distractions of OTHER stuff that are your FAVORITES ... seems to me BOTH THEORIES have stuff for the other side ... and your faith in your fairy tale is BIGGER than my faith in my fairy tale because I have a CONSCIENCE that tells me I was created.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 10:31:48 PM by LessGovernment »
"Wherefore governments rather depend upon men than men upon governments. Let men be good, and the government cannot be bad; if it be ill, they will cure it. But, if men be bad, let the government be ever so good, they will endeavor to warp and spoil it to their turn." - William Penn

MonroeMonkey

« Reply #230 on: July 31, 2012, 08:48:09 PM »

I could post information on the evolution of language. It would be a waste of time, as you'd hear none of it.

Einstein said, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

To continue spending energy on giving you evidences, only to have you refuse to answer them in light of creationism is frustrating and a waste of time. I'm no longer willing to try the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

If it makes you feel good, believe you've won. Believe your god has won. Believe the Earth is 6,000 years old and evolution is a lie of Satan. Pat yourself on the back and believe you've fought the good fight.

Anyways... The horse is dead. RIP.

sammy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #231 on: July 31, 2012, 09:30:06 PM »

I could post information on the evolution of language. It would be a waste of time, as you'd hear none of it.

Einstein said, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

To continue spending energy on giving you evidences, only to have you refuse to answer them in light of creationism is frustrating and a waste of time. I'm no longer willing to try the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

If it makes you feel good, believe you've won. Believe your god has won. Believe the Earth is 6,000 years old and evolution is a lie of Satan. Pat yourself on the back and believe you've fought the good fight.

Anyways... The horse is dead. RIP.
LOL! Two posts ago, you absolutely stopped beating the horse, thus giving Less the last word. Can't stop beating it, can you?

MonroeMonkey

« Reply #232 on: July 31, 2012, 10:06:23 PM »

LOL! Two posts ago, you absolutely stopped beating the horse, thus giving Less the last word. Can't stop beating it, can you?

That was my way of saying, "I'm done beating you. Rest in peace."  :P

sammy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #233 on: July 31, 2012, 10:24:07 PM »

Carry on; I'll keep score.

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #234 on: July 31, 2012, 10:59:07 PM »

"I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals Himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings."

The quotation above may be Einstein's most familiar statement of his beliefs. These words are frequently quoted, but a citation is seldom given. The quotation can be found in Albert Einstein: Philosopher-Scientist edited by Paul Arthur Schilpp (The Open Court Publishing Co., La Salle, Illinois, Third Edition, 1970) pp. 659 - 660. There the source is given as the New York Times, 25 April 1929, p. 60, col. 4. Ronald W. Clark (pp. 413-414) gives a detailed account of the origin of Einstein's statement.
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

Forsythia

• Hero Talker
« Reply #235 on: August 01, 2012, 09:08:14 AM »

Ahhh good ole Lew Rockwell.  Isn't he part of the failed Austrian economics club?  Listen, the tax case against Hovind was clear cut.  He deliberately avoided taxes and filing the right building permits.  It was open and shut, and in a conservative town he got convicted easily.  I was in Pensacola for 8 months.  I have seen the best and worst that town can offer.  If a guy like Hovind can get convicted in a town with the most Christian Colleges per capita then he was no doubt guilty of all charges.
For those who have problems with my posts, please feel free to fill out the form at the link below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGF4UVJ5UmpZLUhzX0dMNEotSEljTXc6MQ

Ignorance is only blissful for the ignorant.  The rest of us have to put up with you idiots.

"Prayer is nothing more than bargain basement anger." A. LaVey

"A christian telling an atheist he is going to hell is about as scary as a small child telling an adult they won't get any presents from santa." - R. Gervais

Reason

• Active Talker
« Reply #236 on: August 22, 2012, 04:31:16 PM »

Interesting topic.  :)

For those saying there's no real geological column, I wanted to share this, which proves there is. There are places where they drill deeply into the earth and find all the past geological columns.

The W. H. Hunt Trust Estate Larson #1 will in Section 10 Township 148 N Range 101 W was drilled to 15,064 feet deep. This well was drilled just west of the outcrop of the Golden Valley formation and begins in the Tertiary Fort Union Formation. The various horizons described above were encountered at the following depths (Fm=formation; Grp=Group; Lm=Limestone):

Tertiary Ft. Union Fm ..........................100 feet
Cretaceous Greenhorn Fm ...................4910 feet
Cretaceous Mowry Fm..........................5370 feet
Cretaceous Inyan Kara Fm....................5790 feet
Jurassic Rierdon Fm.............................6690 feet
Triassic Spearfish Fm...........................7325 feet
Permian Opeche Fm.............................7740 feet
Pennsylvanian Amsden Fm...................7990 feet
Pennsylvanian Tyler Fm........................8245 feet
Mississippian Otter Fm.........................8440 feet
Mississippian Kibbey Lm........................8780 feet
Mississippian Charles Fm.......................8945 feet
Mississippian Mission Canyon Fm...........9775 feet
Mississippian Lodgepole Fm..................10255 feet
Devonian Bakken Fm............................11085 feet
Devonian Birdbear Fm..........................11340 feet
Devonian Duperow Fm.........................11422 feet
Devonian Souris River Fm.....................11832 feet
Devonian Dawson Bay Fm.....................12089 feet
Devonian Prairie Fm..............................12180 feet
Devonian Winnipegosis Grp...................12310 feet
Silurian Interlake Fm.............................12539 feet
Ordovician Stonewall Fm.......................13250 feet
Ordovician Red River Dolomite...............13630 feet
Ordovician Winnipeg Grp.......................14210 feet
Ordovician Black Island Fm....................14355 feet
Cambrian Deadwood Fm........................14445 feet
Precambrian.........................................14945 feet

Those who say there's no geological column are wrong.

You just saw the whole column piled up in one place where one oil well can drill through it. Not only that, the entire geologic column is found in 25 other basins around the world, piled up in proper order. These basins are:

The Ghadames Basin in Libya
The Beni Mellal Basin in Morrocco
The Tunisian Basin in Tunisia
The Oman Interior Basin in Oman
The Western Desert Basin in Egypt
The Adana Basin in Turkey
The Iskenderun Basin in Turkey
The Moesian Platform in Bulgaria
The Carpathian Basin in Poland
The Baltic Basin in the USSR
The Yeniseiy-Khatanga Basin in the USSR
The Farah Basin in Afghanistan
The Helmand Basin in Afghanistan
The Yazd-Kerman-Tabas Basin in Iran
The Manhai-Subei Basin in China
The Jiuxi Basin China
The Tung t'in - Yuan Shui Basin China
The Tarim Basin China
The Szechwan Basin China
The Yukon-Porcupine Province Alaska
The Williston Basin in North Dakota
The Tampico Embayment Mexico
The Bogata Basin Colombia
The Bonaparte Basin, Australia
The Beaufort Sea Basin/McKenzie River Delta

Open mouth - First mistake. - Zen Proverb

sammy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #237 on: August 22, 2012, 04:37:58 PM »

Well, Xerxes/ MonroeMonkey/Reason, welcome back! Not often we get one poster with three names in only one topic! Don't worry; no one will notice.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up