MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > US ambassador killed in consulate attack in Libya

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Down

Author Topic: US ambassador killed in consulate attack in Libya  (Read 17145 times)

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
Re: US ambassador killed in consulate attack in Libya
« Reply #270 on: October 15, 2012, 11:05:54 PM »

Appears to me, in this case the Obama Administration took on a bridge too far. A week after the murder of the ambassador and the 3 others they had Susan Rice hit the Sunday talk shows saying it was blah blah due to some video. Apparently they were confident the MSM would go along with the sham. Unfortunately not everyone in the government would go along. Hearings showed ambassador and others had repeatedly asked for more security, and were denied. Even MSM could't go along when people died.

Long and short the administration realized if the truth got out they were in deep do do. So they made up a false narrative hoping the Pelosi wouldn't hit the fan until after the election. Wouldn't want some bumps in the road, or 4 dead people, to interfere with Obama being re-elected.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 11:08:00 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #271 on: October 16, 2012, 07:43:31 AM »

Clinton: 'I take responsibility' for Benghazi

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the bucks stops with her when it comes to who is blame for a deadly assault on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi.

"I take responsibility" for what happened on September 11, Clinton said in an interview with CNN's Elise Labott soon after arriving in Lima, Peru for a visit. The interview, one of a series given to U.S. television networks Monday night, were the first she has given about the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.

Clinton insisted President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are not involved in security decisions, Clinton said.

"I want to avoid some kind of political gotcha," she added, noting that it is close to the election.

The attack killed Chris Stevens, the U.S. ambassador to Libya, and three other Americans at the consulate.

The Obama administration has been heavily criticized after Vice President Joe Biden said during last week's vice presidential debate that the White House did not know of requests to enhance security at Benghazi, contradicting testimony by State Department employees that requests had been made and rejected. Following the debate, the White House said the vice president did not know of the requests because they were handled, as is the practice, by the State Department.

Clinton also sought to downplay the criticism that administration officials continued to say the attack was a spontaneous product of a protest over an anti-Muslim film, a theory that has since been discarded.

In the wake of an attack, there is always "confusion," Clinton said. But the information has since changed, Clinton said in the interview.

The secretary of state also described the desperate scene in the State Department during the hours of the attack on the night of September 10. It was an "intense, long ordeal" as staff tried to find out what had happened.

Clinton said her mission now is to make sure such an attack will never happen again – but also that diplomacy, even in dangerous areas like Benghazi, is not stopped.

"We can't not engage," she said. "We cannot retreat."
http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/15/clinton-i-take-responsibility-for-benghazi/
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Flanders

• Hero Talker
« Reply #272 on: October 16, 2012, 08:52:07 AM »

Clinton falls on her sword..

Laughable.  Too little too late.  Plus, was it Clinton who ordered Rice to hastily make a statement about the video??  This is where the attention will be focused, even as Obama tries his best misdirection.

tnweasel

• Hero Talker
« Reply #273 on: October 16, 2012, 09:06:50 AM »

poor Hilary.... she gets to claim the death of Chris Stevens while the President gets to claim the death of bin Laden..... I find it way too political that she told the president of Peru that she couldn't wait to get back to the US to see the debate tonight..... no, this isn't at all a political move.....
"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better." ~Maya Angelou

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”  ~John Wayne

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #274 on: October 16, 2012, 08:08:36 PM »

It is simply amazing how much loyalty you can get when you pay off someones campaign debts.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #275 on: October 18, 2012, 12:11:08 PM »

It is simply amazing how much loyalty you can get when you pay off someones campaign debts.
The amazing part is how you righties can besmirch without an iota of proof.
I consider you a disgusting individual...a typical Republican...but then I never could stand liars.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #276 on: October 19, 2012, 09:49:20 AM »

poor Hilary.... she gets to claim the death of Chris Stevens while the President gets to claim the death of bin Laden..... I find it way too political that she told the president of Peru that she couldn't wait to get back to the US to see the debate tonight..... no, this isn't at all a political move.....

I admire Sec. of State Clinton for taking responsibility - it was her department and she is the top dog.  Like her or not (btw - I do), she has always seemed to have the courage of her convictions going all the way back to her time as a young lawyer working on the watergate fiasco. 

Playing devils advocate, if she or her department did not raise any concerns to the whitehouse than Pres. Obama is not responsible as he had no knowledge.  However, he should take action (fire) those who should have told him the gravity of the situation, IMO, as that is his responsibility to ensure he as Commander in Chief, is aware of all threats. 
"While we try to teach our childern about life, our childern teach us what life is about"  - Angela Schmidt

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #277 on: October 19, 2012, 02:13:01 PM »

Troubling report from business insider seems to make the assertion that the US via the CIA maybe providing weapons to the jihadist in Syria.  Yep, the same folks that appear to be responsible for the murder of four Americans. 

I hope this isn't the case.  Story at the link below. 

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-syria-heavy-weapons-jihadists-2012-10#ixzz29keeGla8
"While we try to teach our childern about life, our childern teach us what life is about"  - Angela Schmidt

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #278 on: October 21, 2012, 02:10:31 PM »

Fox’s Peter Doocy said on Friday that one of the supposed ringleaders of the deadly attack on our consulate, and newly-outed CIA facility (thanks to GOP Cong. Chaffetz we now know that there was a CIA station next to our consulate), claims the attack was in fact inspired as a response to the now infamous anti-Muslim hate video:

The New York Times caught up with Abu Katala at a luxury hotel in Libya and he says he was just trying to break up a traffic jam near the consulate, and that he was not participating in the raid, but that the attack was tied to that anti-Islamic video.

Witnesses and the authorities have called Ahmed Abu Khattala one of the ringleaders of the Sept. 11 attack on the American diplomatic mission here.

Mr. Abu Khattala, 41, wearing a red fez and sandals, added his own spin. Contradicting the accounts of many witnesses and the most recent account of the Obama administration, he contended that the attack had grown out of a peaceful protest against a video made in the United States that mocked the Prophet Muhammad and Islam.

This would seem to contradict Mitt Romney’s claim that we knew the attack Al Qaeda or some other terrorist group, and premeditated, and thus not inspired by the hateful anti-Muslim video.

What the Fox report shows is that even one month after the attack, we’er still getting conflicting reports as to exactly what happened, which is the norm.

Still unanswered is why it even matters whether the Obama administration was able to conclude who committed the attack, and why, in the first few hours, or even days, after the attack. Does Romney think the President just waves a magic wand and suddenly the CIA will know, for certain, ever, who committed the attack?

It doesn’t work that way. And if anything, Romney’s insistence that the Obama administration must have known, from the git-go, who actually committed the attack is less evidence of the Obama administration complicity and more evidence of Mitt Romney’s ignorance.

One almost gets the sense that Romney, and the rightwing noise machine, are defending the anti-Muslim hate video. Remember how that was Romney’s initial line of attack, that the administration was “apologizing” for the video. That was before Romney himself apologized for the video
http://americablog.com/2012/10/foxs-peter-doocy-reports-benghazi-attack-might-have-tied-to-the-video.html
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #279 on: October 21, 2012, 02:25:55 PM »

Too convenient. 

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #280 on: October 21, 2012, 02:34:47 PM »

Too convenient. 
OMG!  I never would have believed anyone could claim Fox News as anything but gospel...

wink wink nod nod smiley face
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Up