MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Lake Erie Transit Hybrid?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lake Erie Transit Hybrid?  (Read 3211 times)

ChadB

• Hero Talker
Re: Lake Erie Transit Hybrid?
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2009, 02:11:56 AM »

Actually I met Ruck at a bar over the weekend. He's a real nice guy in person.

What a surprise, Ruck at a bar. Unless that guy has a bionic liver, he won't be around much longer.

Yes, I've met him, many times. He's a nice guy, but DAMN does he drink!!

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2009, 08:04:50 AM »

This morning, while listening to NPR news on WDET, I pulled next to a hybrid bus stopped at a traffic light and immediately my radio sounded like a helicopter.

It totally took over the radio.

The bus was to the south of me so I know it wasn't blocking the signal.

I sure hope whatever is coming from those buses isn't harmful.....especially to those that have to be around them on a regular basis.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2013, 05:02:20 PM »

I laughed today as I was following a hybrid Yukon, that had one person driving and was stickered on the back  with something to the effect of being a Lake Erie Transportation "Green Machine"... 

Isn't that an oxymoron   -   a Hybrid Yukon?
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2013, 05:33:05 PM »

It actually is kind of an oxymoron.  My company was Design and Engineering responsible for this last generation GMT900 SUV entire interior.  I had all of the sidewall trim and garnish and when GM came to us adding the HEV version of the Suburban and Yukon to the SOW we kind of chuckled behind their backs.  The offset in MPG savings versus the added cost that went to the sticker provided no rational payback.  It was primarily targeted for the "Greenies" in California who didn't care about the investment, but the image.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2013, 05:43:11 PM »

Isn't that true of most of the hybrids?  No reasonable payback?  The battery is kaput before the system has paid for itself?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2013, 06:41:15 PM »

Yes, it is true of most but there is a market segment that just loves that image even at a premium.

I saw a study a few years back and it opened up the practicality of a few more models provided that gasoline is hovering around 4 bucks a gallon.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2013, 09:29:04 AM »

I laughed today as I was following a hybrid Yukon, that had one person driving and was stickered on the back  with something to the effect of being a Lake Erie Transportation "Green Machine"... 

Isn't that an oxymoron   -   a Hybrid Yukon?

Most of the time I see this vehicle there is only one person in it.  Even in electric mode I would think it would be much less expensive if they purchased a compact 'fuel efficient' auto for all those 'one person' trips!

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up