MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > County's Under World Being Mapped

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: County's Under World Being Mapped  (Read 6581 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: County's Under World Being Mapped
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2013, 11:17:41 AM »

If the owner of the golf course signed an agreement (with the oil company) and the seismic echo's found a tentatiove oil pocket under the 18th hole and it was worth drilling for, they'd be on the 18th green, tearing the hell out of it.  Thats how it works.

You may think you have a 'prime' spot and yours is a dud while you neighbor has a treasure chest of crude under his sidelot.

Interestingly, only the oil company knows and the seismic mapping company and neither are tell'in.

Personally, I think thats a bit crooked but oil is a funny thing.  Like property pwners Russian Roulette.  We did not allow them access for mapping btw.  They put in the markers and the wires even though we did not sign a contract, so I pulled everything and put it by the road.  I don't want them drilling here, I'm not interested and I suspect it's under my land as I'm in a line with the wells now.

Like wind power, I don't want them defiling my land and I don't like unwanted company.

NG is more north and west of here, with some in the thumb too..  This is mostly light sweet (Bent) crude.  I don't see anything sweet about it....it all stinks to me.

The MDNR map on Michigan.gov shows it all.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2013, 12:59:59 PM »

I was referring to the location of the well, as they can drill sideways to tap if its not that great a difference - otherwise I find it odd that a business would put themselves in jeopardy without a clear financial gain guaranteed.

I believe if the well across from you starts operations - you are entitled to (regardless of if you signed a lease) a portion - as they must pay everyone within a certain radius - as you say it likely expands under your property down underground.

Let us know when the royalty checks start rolling in - and you get even more new toys :-)
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2013, 05:14:06 PM »

The only 'royalty' check I'll ever get is the one I work for.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up