MonroeTalks.com > Categories > BlogsMonroe.com > German Journal

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: German Journal  (Read 2207 times)

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
German Journal
« on: July 13, 2009, 02:00:21 PM »

May Day, May Day…
2 May 2009, 5:01 am

watch out for little mischievous German kids!   Let me give you a little background before I go into my story. In Germany, this a national holiday and everything is closed.  The Germans  motto is Tans in den Mai (Dance into May) and in many towns people gather to the center of the town to dance, [...]

Source: German Journal

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Run, Run, Run…
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 02:00:21 PM »

Run, Run, Run…
8 May 2009, 3:11 pm

is all I feel like I do!  It is interesting to compare running errands in the states to being over here.  It really takes forever and not to mention puts many miles on the car!  First being if you want to mail something or recieve mail.  You cannot just go to your mailbox outside your [...]

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Guess who’s…..
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 02:00:21 PM »

Guess who’s…..
17 May 2009, 1:38 pm

back from a long & exhausting work trip?? It feels great to be back home in Germany, which sounds a little weird saying for me still, but nonetheless it’s great to sleep in my own bed. Blogs will still be somewhat sparatic for the next month or so due to school kicking my arse. Hopefully [...]

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
So I wasn’t lying…..
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 03:00:19 PM »

So I wasn’t lying…..
30 May 2009, 3:52 am

when i said that the posts would be sparadic for the next few weeks. It’s not because I’m out partying every night and taking baths in all of the Dunkle and Kristall beer i can find either. I’ve been stuck inside on a computer doing homework for the last few weeks and have a few [...]

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Study your schooling little heinrich…..
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 03:00:19 PM »

Study your schooling little heinrich…..
8 June 2009, 3:48 pm

and you may be allowed to go to school past the 10th grade.  10th grade you ask, what is he talking about….well this how things work in Germany.

The school system in Germany isn’t quite the same as it is in the states and by not quite the same I mean completely different. Kids in Germany [...]

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
It’s happy Corpus Christi day…..
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 03:00:19 PM »

It’s happy Corpus Christi day…..
11 June 2009, 2:50 pm

at least in Germany it is. What the heck is Corpus Christi day? Do the Germans have a secret love for cities in Texas? No, not at all actually. This is just one of the many public (or federal) holidays the Germans celebrate. In fact this is one of the 16 holidays that very few [...]

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Comparing “home” to….
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 02:26:30 PM »

Comparing “home” to….
25 June 2009, 5:04 pm

“home” with my recent trip back to the USA and it was interesting the things I noticed since this was the first time I have been home since I left. In some respect not much has changed, afterall it’s only been 9 months since I left. On the other hand though, I noticed many little [...

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
I’m melting…..
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 02:26:30 PM »

I’m melting…..
2 July 2009, 3:25 pm

at least that’s how I feel right now. It’s been at least high 70’s to mid 80’s for the past 3 or 4 days and you’re probably thinking that’s nice weather. Well it’s not nice when you don’t have any air conditioning in your house or even your office. The...

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
It’s July and…..
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 02:26:30 PM »

It’s July and…..
12 July 2009, 4:28 am

it has not been over 65 degrees for the past week or so – with about 4 of those days raining most of the time. I have complained about the hot weather before, but know it’s time to complain about the cold weather. I actually would choose cooler weather over hotter weather (especially wit...

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Meet and greet time….
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 03:00:31 PM »

Meet and greet time….
12 July 2009, 4:35 am

is coming soon for everyone that is a reader of this or any other blog hosted by www.blogsmonroe.com . At the Monroe County Fair on Aug 5th @ 6 PM many of the writers of the different blogs will be in person to talk to some of their loyal readers and it’s a chance for [...]

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
German Journal: The slogan for Germany……
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 03:00:18 PM »

The slogan for Germany……
22 July 2009, 1:29 pm

has been created by 2 Americans who recently visited Munich. It sounds improbable, I know, but it’s true and I am living through it to confirm this. The official slogan of Germany should be “Anything Goes” (kinda like THIS). Why you ask? There are so many reasons that I would proba...

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
German Journal: The customer is…..
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 03:00:22 PM »

The customer is…..
12 August 2009, 2:41 pm

never even close to being right at most of the stores here in Germany. I have learned that the term “Customer Service” is more of an afterthought and not the standard here. This is totally different then back in the states where you are greeted with a smile by virtually every employee, a...

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
German Journal: Back from the dead…..
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 06:20:24 PM »

Back from the dead…..
15 September 2009, 4:35 pm

once again. I can’t believe that it has been over a month since my last post and I apologize for this. I haven’t been sitting around enjoying the beer gardens (or biergartens) the whole time though — just most of the time.       I have just moved to a new place in Deutschland a...

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
German Journal: So a delivery guy…..
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 01:02:17 PM »

So a delivery guy…..
26 September 2009, 11:32 am

comes up to the door and says “Yea, I got a delivery….for a Joe Smith”. Guy at the house says “uh he’s my neighbor”.  Delivery guys says “Yea, whatever. sign here.” Apparently this how it works for the Germans when it comes to delivering a package. Le...

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
German Journal: Y’all aint from….
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 01:59:10 PM »

Y’all aint from….
9 October 2009, 1:39 pm

round here, are ya? Last week I made my yearly trip to Oktoberfest, I say yearly because it has been 2 years in a row now (and it sounds cool to say I make a yearly trip to Oktoberfest). For the most part it was the same wonderful time as it was last year- beer, [...]

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up