MonroeTalks.com > Categories > BlogsMonroe.com > German Journal

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: German Journal  (Read 2174 times)

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
German Journal: You speak German…
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 03:36:53 PM »

You speak German…
8 November 2009, 3:32 pm

and what other language? That seems to be a valid question here if you were interviewing someone for a job. I say this because of the amount of diverse people I have met that speak another language. So when I had to get oil for our house I was a little worried about talking with [...]

Source: German Journal

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
German Journal: God is Great, Beer is Good………
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 02:39:27 PM »

God is Great, Beer is Good………
25 January 2010, 2:00 pm

and it’s cheap in Germany. We had some visitors here over the holidays and had a great time (maybe painful time) skiing in Switzerland and enjoying the festivities in Berlin for New Years Eve. Well, one thing our guests noticed was that beer is barely, just barely more expensive than a non-alcoholic drink in Germany. [...]

Pax

• Hero Talker
  • "keepin' the bits cool & dry"
    • Coffee and Cigarettes for Breakfast
Re: German Journal
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 09:41:59 PM »

I beg to differ!  I never had the pleasure of experiencing "Cheap German Beer" in Germany, or anywhere else!!
Qui tacet consentit! - "He who is silent consents" - Maxim of Law
"For he who would be deceived, let him." - Roman maxim
"Not to oppose error is to approve it; and not to defend truth is to suppress it; and indeed to neglect to confound evil men, when we can do it, is no less a sin than to encourage them." -Pope St. Felix III
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit.
Ryht æðelo biþ on ðam móde, næs on ðam flæ-acute

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 11:56:42 PM »

I beg to differ!  I never had the pleasure of experiencing "Cheap German Beer" in Germany, or anywhere else!!

I remember paying a dime a bottle at the on base Rod & Gun club...

and that included Heineken (a Dutch beer)...

that is certainly not an "expensive" beer ;) ;) ;)
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

Brewer

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 08:05:46 AM »

Well I guess it's time to go back then!  $2 for a pint sounds pretty cheap to me.  Actually, you can buy a lot of German beers in the store for cheaper than you can an american craft beer.   But the higher end German beers are pricier.   I had a great opportunity to try several varieties of German beers at the German American Fest in Oregon last year.  Definitely one I'll be going back to!! 

Pax

• Hero Talker
  • "keepin' the bits cool & dry"
    • Coffee and Cigarettes for Breakfast
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 08:43:20 AM »

Well I guess it's time to go back then!  $2 for a pint sounds pretty cheap to me.
Sheesh, I guess so - in the late 80s we were paying the equivalent of $3.50 to 4.00 for pints.  I got to tour the Bitburger brewery when I was working with the German Bundeswehr in '89, got absolutely tanked (on the job!  in uniform! Woohoo!) compliments of the German taxpayers.  Too much fun.  We're having an Army reunion of my old company this summer - still hoping to get some Eichbaum Export, our local Mannheim brew, brought over here for it.  Ah, good memories!
Qui tacet consentit! - "He who is silent consents" - Maxim of Law
"For he who would be deceived, let him." - Roman maxim
"Not to oppose error is to approve it; and not to defend truth is to suppress it; and indeed to neglect to confound evil men, when we can do it, is no less a sin than to encourage them." -Pope St. Felix III
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit.
Ryht æðelo biþ on ðam móde, næs on ðam flæ-acute

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
German Journal: Move it up on your end….
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2010, 04:42:25 AM »

Move it up on your end….
28 February 2010, 3:52 am

a little bit….No, that’s too much, move it back down, nope back up. If you have ever hung anything up on the wall and try to get it even you may have heard this from your significant other (read: wife) a million times. The Germans have created an ingenious way to alleviate this issue with [...]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up