MonroeTalks.com > Categories > BlogsMonroe.com > Pacer Chick

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pacer Chick  (Read 972 times)

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Pacer Chick
« on: July 13, 2009, 02:00:25 PM »

Back!
27 October 2008, 12:05 pm

Yeah, yeah I know its been forever since I have written. Just haven’t had a chance to, my apologies yet again.

So…I had the pleasure of going to the Micky Dolenz concert on Saturday. (Front row center, I rule.) And…I think the words to describe my night would be “The Most Amazing Thing EVER!!!!!” I just got to live out one of my childhood dreams…Micky put the microphone down to me and I sang a verse of the song “Goin’ Down” He threw his towel at me (the one he said he was going to put on eBay…yep, I have it.) Then a bunch of girls ran on stage (me too, of course) and we got to sing and dance to “I’m a Believer.” I got to sing back-up with his sister Coco which was just…oh…AWESOME!!!!

To link this to my blog, I almost passed out on stage. That would have been just dandy. I was really hungry before the concert and I think that coupled with the excitement was just not so good. But, thank GOD I didn’t pass out. I got some pretzels and Pepsi and ate those while waiting in line to get an autograph from Micky. He signed my Monkees album, the same one Peter Tork signed….so I am oh so very cool now. Thank goodness for whoever was watching over me that I didn’t pass out on stage *whew*

Umm…other updates besides my AWESOME night. I have a cold, which sucks. Stuffy nose, scratchy throat, watering eyes, the whole works. So, I feel like I have been hit by a bus and that coupled with class is not a happy experience. It will go away though, and not like I haven’t been sicker than this before!

I went to get the pacemaker checked a month ago or so and found out that my old lead is taking a lot of energy to work. Its been in there for 11+ years so its understandable. He said that its not something to worry about right now, just going to keep an eye on it until we need to go in there and get that one out of there. It has been something that has been in the back of our minds though, but as long as its not some life threatening deal, not gonna worry too much.

Alright…going to pay attention in class now. I promise I will write more. Farewell!!

By the way…I sang with Micky Dolenz of the Monkees. HA!!

Source: Pacer Chick

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Ceridwen Dawn Lyke
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 02:00:25 PM »

Ceridwen Dawn Lyke
28 October 2008, 1:13 pm

I got a call from my mom last night informing me that my 3 year old cousin Ceridwen died last night. She had been sick for a long time. She was such a strong little girl and fought very hard and she was truly an inspiring little girl. They live in Oregon, so it makes it even worse because I can’t be out there with them. I just talked to her mom on Saturday and everything was fine…

Please keep her, her mom and dad, and the rest of our family in your prayers.

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Almost there…
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 02:00:25 PM »

Almost there…
3 November 2008, 11:53 am

The big day is tomorrow! I am excited that its finally here…why I don’t know, but I am!! I am ready for a change here in the U.S. And I am hoping its a good one.

I have been feeling much better this week. Last week was kind of rough with the death of my little cousin and having a cold on top of that, I was pretty much on auto-pilot for most of the week. But, made it through in one piece.

I hope everyone goes to the polls tomorrow and exercises their right to vote…FOR OBAMA!!!!!

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
I’m not safe against anything!!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 03:00:19 PM »

I’m not safe against anything!!
11 November 2008, 3:17 pm

So, my dear mum just informed me that she read an articlein Associated Press that headphones can interfere with pacemakers…great…So let’s see, I am not safe against microwaves, iPods, rollercoasters and now headphones. They might as well just print “Macaroni and cheese and Dr. Pepper will kill you if you have a pacemaker.” Take all the joy out of life! (I am being slightly over dramatic mind you) I read the article and they said the magnets in the headphones could interupt the electric impulses the pacemaker gives off if they are held within an inch of the pacemaker. Well, considering I don’t listen to my iPod with my headphones planted against my chest, I think I will be okay.

I started that diet my dad wanted to put me on. Wow, thats been fun. You have to stick to this eating schedule, and it was really hard to follow when I had class. I almost passed out in one of my classes, not good. Oh wait…not pass out. I don’t do that much anymore, it would be puke everywhere. I would take passing out over puking in front of classmates anyday. I made it through though. I have a lost a bit of weight, not overnight like I keep imagining, but oh well.

Okay, I should go and venture out into the freezing cold again. See ya!!

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Pick and choose!
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 03:00:19 PM »

Pick and choose!
15 November 2008, 2:15 pm

prolonged standing or upright sitting, particularly when standing with legs in a locked position for long periods of time. Avoidance of long-term locking of one’s legs in the standing position is taught in the military, as well as marching band and drill team.

stress

any painful or unpleasant stimuli, such as

giving a blood donation or watching someone give one

watching someone experience pain

watching/experiencing medical procedures

sight of blood

occasions of slight discomfort, such as dental and eye examinations

hyperthermia, a prolonged exposure to heat

sudden onset of extreme emotions

hunger

nausea or vomiting

dehydration

urination (’micturition syncope‘) or defecation (’defecation syncope’)

abdominal straining or ‘bearing down’ (as in defecation)

swallowing (’swallowing syncope’) or coughing (’cough syncope’)

random onsets due to nerve malfunctions

pressing upon certain places on the throat, sinuses, and eyes

high altitude

use of certain drugs that affect blood pressure, such as amphetamine

intense laughter[2]

I just found this on Wikipedia. I am always interested in seeing what other people have to say about NCS. Because some of it is kinda funny. I personally have never gotten sick or passed out from laughing “intensely” thank goodness!! I would be screwed if that was the case! And pressing upon the eyes? Yes…while laying in bed, I push my thumbs into my eyes for fun…really???

Anyways…I thought those were interesting enough to share. Which ones are YOUR triggers??

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
I’m over it.
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 03:00:19 PM »

I’m over it.
19 November 2008, 12:43 pm

Oh my gosh…I am so completely over school!! I am sick of sitting in class and listening to people discuss things that are so ridiculous! We interpret poetry in class and some of the poems are so EXPLICIT and it is uncomfortable, and apparently its my own fault because I am not “comfortable” reading that in class. I’m sorry, I am a bit off the wall, but you know…I don’t really know these people yet.

And now they are talking about the “Twilight” book series and how its showing abuse and all this other stuff. IT’S A BOOK ABOUT VAMPIRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR TEENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP ripping stuff apart and just let it be!!! My God, this stuff really plays on my mind and body because I hate having to come to class and listening to this crap!!

Ugh!!! Anyways…hello!  I gotta vent somewhere. I am reading the book and am not looking too deeply into it. I don’t want to analyze the book, I just want to read it. UGH!!!

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Pacer Chick: Wow!
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 11:20:50 AM »

Wow!
9 September 2009, 12:27 am

I am very sorry for not keeping up with my blog. Life and everything else has been in the way, and that is my only excuse.

I have decided to go back to school. I was debating whether or not to go back and get my degree or just get a second job and move. I figured I have only two semesters left to m...

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Pacer Chick: 15 months of battery life left!
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 06:45:50 PM »

15 months of battery life left!
16 September 2009, 4:58 pm

I went and had my pacemaker checked on Tuesday and the new cardio clinic at the University of Toledo medical center is really nice! I mean, I still had to wait 400 years to be seen, but still, its very nice looking. Anyways, the technician told me he had good news and bad news and it was that I have...

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Pacer Chick: Remembering
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 10:45:34 PM »

Remembering
19 September 2009, 10:43 pm

Don’t get any wrong ideas after reading this. Everything is okay, I was just having some deep thoughts…just not so much Jack Handey style.

I hear/see stories about kids who have passed away, and it makes me think about my childhood, growing up with this illness. Did I ever have thoughts...

Pages: [1]   Go Up