MonroeTalks.com > Categories > BlogsMonroe.com > Faith Reflections

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]   Go Down

Author Topic: Faith Reflections  (Read 14417 times)

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Faith Reflections: On Complaining and Grumbling
« Reply #285 on: May 20, 2011, 07:10:54 AM »

On Complaining and Grumbling
20 May 2011, 6:09 am

“Quit your complaining,” the parent says to the child. There’s also the variation on this theme – “Quit your grumbling!” It’s one of the things children are to learn early on, to curtail complaining and grumbling. I guess we never really grow up because it’s a tendency we continue to fight all of our lives! [...]

Source: Faith Reflections

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Faith Reflections: The End of The World
« Reply #286 on: May 21, 2011, 07:12:31 AM »

The End of The World
21 May 2011, 6:49 am

Today is the day a radio broadcaster claims Christ will return. The media has had a fun time with the man’s claim, and the amazing amount of publicity it has generated. Sadly, it has produced a caricature of a key teaching of Jesus, one image being that of the proverbial man wearing a sandwich board [...]

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Faith Reflections: Judgment Day
« Reply #287 on: May 21, 2011, 09:12:57 AM »

Judgment Day
21 May 2011, 6:49 am

Today is the day a radio broadcaster claims Christ will return. The media has had a fun time with the man’s claim and the amazing amount of publicity it has generated. Sadly, it has produced a caricature of a key teaching of Jesus, one image being that of the proverbial man wearing a sandwich board [...]

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Faith Reflections: The Return of Christ — The Great Expectation
« Reply #288 on: May 25, 2011, 07:11:25 AM »

The Return of Christ — The Great Expectation
25 May 2011, 6:48 am

The fact that Christ did not return on May 21, as religious broadcaster Harold Camping had predicted, gave the media a subject that provided comic relief. The idea that the world could come to an end seemed laughable. Most of us Christians cringed at the idea that a fellow Christian would be so misguided as [...]

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Faith Reflections: God’s Amazing!
« Reply #289 on: June 07, 2011, 02:32:44 PM »

God’s Amazing!
31 May 2011, 6:39 am

We were standing by the first phase of the basement of the new, main house at Refuge Ranch in Mexico where our daughter and her husband have established a ministry. The basement needed to be expanded, but there was a huge rocky hill in the way. A local man had tried dynamiting it, but to [...]

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Faith Reflections: A God Who Yearns
« Reply #290 on: June 07, 2011, 02:32:45 PM »

A God Who Yearns
3 June 2011, 6:39 am

I oversee two flocks. One flock is the Mayfair-Pymouth Church. The other flock is a flock of chickens. (I am not attempting to make any comparisons.) Yes, I’m back in the chicken business and so you can expect the occasional poultry parable, as is the case today. I recently transferred my 20 baby chicks from [...]

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Faith Reflections: The Game of LIFE
« Reply #291 on: June 07, 2011, 02:32:45 PM »

The Game of LIFE
4 June 2011, 7:06 am

Kids love playing games, as long as they’re winning. They clap their hands enthusiastically and exclaim, “This is fun!” However, if they start to lose it’s common to hear them say dejectedly, “I don’t want to play anymore.” Wise adults playing a game with children will encourage them to keep playing even if they’re losing. [...]

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Faith Reflections: A Faith Outside the Box
« Reply #292 on: June 07, 2011, 04:32:48 PM »

A Faith Outside the Box
7 June 2011, 3:30 pm

“Honey do” lists, either written or implied, are a part of any marriage. It’s true of Diann and myself. We have expectations of what each of us will do. Carrying out the garbage, clearing the table, mowing the lawn, doing the laundry, fixing the light fixture, and thousands of other things that we do for [...]

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]   Go Up