MonroeTalks.com > Categories > BlogsMonroe.com > FusionMods: FusionMods

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FusionMods: FusionMods  (Read 1318 times)

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
FusionMods: FusionMods
« on: September 21, 2009, 09:35:22 AM »

The Pirate Bay
6 July 2009, 10:48 am

For all half tech people TPB is a pretty common name. As one of the most well known sites for online torrents (legal and illegal) they’ve been making an even larger stir in the news than usual lately.

The start of their biggest news was their recent loss in court over copyright infringement. ...

Source: FusionMods

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
FusionMods: Tips for Beginning PHP Programming
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 09:35:22 AM »

Tips for Beginning PHP Programming
6 July 2009, 2:21 pm

I’ve been programming a while and I stumbled accross some much older code of mine and thought of some of the changes I’ve made to my work over the last couple years. After looking at it I wanted to post a like 10 tips I’d like to give to other beginners.

Tip 1: Always think about ...

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
FusionMods: It’s official, Print is out
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 09:35:22 AM »

It’s official, Print is out
7 July 2009, 3:33 pm

I just read this article from one of my favorite sites.

To sum it all up, even the educational sources are starting to jump ship from printed media. The costs are high and the circulation numbers are low. Now since this is coming from a science journal you’d probably ask yourself, why’d...

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
FusionMods: Microsoft vs Google
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 09:40:24 AM »

Microsoft vs Google
14 July 2009, 12:47 pm

This is something the tech community has been buzzing about and it is pretty big news. While it may not be the mega clash that soo many people are making it out to be, it is still definitely news worthy.

Whats causing the buzz? Each company is trying to squeeze into the others territory. Suprisingl...

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
FusionMods: Building your own PC – The Components
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 09:40:24 AM »

Building your own PC – The Components
15 July 2009, 2:04 pm

This is one area I should probably touch on a lot more. There are many people who are avid computer users, who want more bang for their buck, but don’t know where to start. The lucky part is, it is suprisingly easy. I built my first computer as a 9th grade research project. At the [...]

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
FusionMods: Google and ARM?
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 09:40:24 AM »

Google and ARM?
16 July 2009, 9:32 am

Do I know how to call them or what? In the Microsoft vs Google game I made mention to the fact that it’s likely we’ll be seeing google netbooks powered by ARM processors. And today I see this article popping out, “ARM Cortex + Google Chrome = Your Next Netbook?“. Looks like I...

arpydave

• Hero Talker
Re: FusionMods: FusionMods
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 10:39:28 AM »

Building your own PC – The Components
15 July 2009, 2:04 pm

This is one area I should probably touch on a lot more. There are many people who are avid computer users, who want more bang for their buck, but don’t know where to start. The lucky part is, it is suprisingly easy. I built my first computer as a 9th grade research project. At the [...]

While the idea of "building one's own box" was cost effective once upon a time it no longer is.  Replacing a component, such as a hard drive or video card is, a box from the ground up isn't.

If you're talking top of the line, super whammy-dine game box, maybe.  But a DEPENDABLE web-surfer and word processor is not.  The big companies, and the big box stores, buy components in mass at wholesale prices.

Once upon a time, yeah, I built them with parts at computer "shows".  Saved big bucks back then.  Hell, I even "rolled my own kernal" in Linux, it was so cheap to have multiple boxes on a home network.

But to have a dependable box out on the net, trouble free or with the 3 year warranty?

I buy one, get the warranty, and "play" with my oldies.
I'm a sheepdog. I may not agree with you but I will not tolerate sheeple.

Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
FusionMods: Been a busy couple of weeks
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 10:26:46 AM »

Been a busy couple of weeks
23 September 2009, 10:24 am

It’s been a few weeks since my last update and I wanted to make a post on it…

My computer has just recently been re-assembled. The biggest reason this has taken so was is because once I got the parts, either the motherboard (or CPU) were faulty and needed to be sent back  

On top [...]

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
FusionMods: Building the Computer
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 09:57:18 AM »

Building the Computer
30 September 2009, 9:43 am

well this took much much longer than I had expected. It started with bad parts arriving, continued through setting up a bachelor party and a wedding, but last night, my computer finally got back up and running, and almost all without hitting any snags.

So I think I’ll start off by just posing...

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
FusionMods: The $300 HTPC
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 11:40:54 AM »

The $300 HTPC
1 March 2010, 11:27 am

One project I’ve been taking a while to get around to is building a Home Theatre PC for my parents. This is something that I’ve never really done before, but I’ve followed enough HTPC projects from other people that I knew I could definitely do something that my parents would like.The first rule when it [...]

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
FusionMods: large posters on the cheap
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 09:19:08 AM »

large posters on the cheap
4 March 2010, 9:05 am

One very cool site I stumbled across is the Rasterbator. This software allows you to take a normal image (the higher resolution the better), and blow it up and then to prevent it from losing quality in the obvious ways, it will change the image into dots. This give your image an original look to [...]

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
FusionMods: Wall Size Posters on the Cheap – Complete
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 09:50:35 AM »

Wall Size Posters on the Cheap – Complete
22 March 2010, 9:31 am

This is a followup to my first post. Using the rasterbator software I knew I would be able to take a normal image and make it very large while keeping the image looking clean. The way I wanted to hang the photos did go through a few changes. First I was thinking about just keeping [...]

Pages: [1]   Go Up