MonroeTalks.com > Categories > BlogsMonroe.com > BlogsMonroe Updates

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BlogsMonroe Updates  (Read 5415 times)

marilyn.monroe

• Hero Talker
BlogsMonroe Updates
« on: July 03, 2012, 09:55:38 AM »

http://blogsmonroe.com/

Recent Blog Posts
Frugal vacation idea: tour a state capitol building
July 03rd, 2012

I was in Iowa last week to visit my daughter. She lives near Des Moines. We had a lot of errands dealing with helping her move from one apartment to the next, but by Thursday we were ready to get some fun scheduled. I had not yet been to the city of Des Moines. My [...]

in Monroe on a Budget
A.S.L.O.
July 02nd, 2012

Linda and I joined many of our Jesus-friends for a week together in Green Lake, Wisconsin. One of the many highlights for me was being with J.P. Moreland. He is one the greatest teachers I have ever seen. As wonderful … Continue reading →

in Discovering the Real Jesus in Monroe
July specials at Monroe Thrift Shop
July 02nd, 2012

My sales and deals are for the Monroe, Mich., area: The Monroe Thrift Shop, 119 S. Monroe St., Monroe, Mich., has announced a store-wide summer clearance sale. All clothing items will be sold at half price during the remainder of July. The shop is open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays, closing at [...]

in Monroe on a Budget
Monroe MI grocery ad July 2
July 02nd, 2012

My sales and deals are for the Monroe, Mich., area: Danny’s Fine Foods has its weekly ad in today’s edition of The Monroe Evening News. The featured items include boneless skinless chicken breast for $1.69 a pound, deli American cheese for $2.99 a pound and Famous Dave’s BBQ sauce for $2.50. Please refer to my [...]

in Monroe on a Budget
First time camper? Get hands-on lessons at Sterling State Park
July 02nd, 2012

The Monroe on a Budget column runs Mondays in The Monroe Evening News. Here is this week’s installment: If your family already enjoys picnics on the beach and nature hikes during the summer, consider adding camping to that list of activities. As one of my frugal friends, Maxine Sullivan of Frugalista Files, has said, “If [...]

in Monroe on a Budget
The biggest mistake new bloggers make: expecting content to come to you
July 02nd, 2012

By Paula Wethington I’ve been blogging for more than five years now, and have seen a lot of people come and go in that genre both locally and nationally. The biggest mistake that new bloggers make, based on what I’ve … Continue reading →

in Social Butterflies
Im farming and I grow It
July 01st, 2012

Have you seen this viral video of three brothers from Kansas? It’s set to the music of “Sexy and I Know It.” I’ve heard that song a few times, okay more than a few times,being a high school teacher, so I loved how these farm boys changed up the lyrics. One of my favorite repeatinglines: [...]

in Farm Wives and Daughters
Alphabet of Faith R Is for REST
July 01st, 2012

In our continuing journey through the alphabet in our Alphabet of Faith series the letter R is next. Lots of good choices here. My choice? Drum roll, please….. R is for REST. R & R is what we often long for, some rest and relaxation. Rest for us must be an important concept to God [...]

in Faith Reflections
Summer fashion brags from Meijer
July 01st, 2012

I’ll be talking quite a bit about clothes and fashion finds this summer because much of my attire is in the “worn out, needs replacing” stage. This is what I found at Meijer Saturday: Three solid color t-shirts for $8 each, one open-front cotton blouse for $12.60. The blouse was on clearance, the shirts I [...]

in Monroe on a Budget
The Power of a Perfect Campfire
July 01st, 2012

There is just something about the warmth and glow that comes from the “perfect” campfire. Most of us guys take pride in our ability to make a good campfire. In fact not just a good bonfire, but one that everyone oh’s and ay’s over. It has to be one that can handle smores that are [...]

in Hunting with Mike
Aerial photos
July 01st, 2012

Farmers often buy aerial photos of the farmstead. I hate to say we are suckers for them, but it is a way to document long-term changessince most of us spend a lot of years on a place and as operations change, buildings and fences are replaced or added, etc. This one is from 1955 when [...]

in Farm Wives and Daughters
Half off clothing sale July 4 at SE Michigan Salvation Army stores
July 01st, 2012

My sales and deals are for the Monroe, Mich., area: The southeast Michigan Salvation Army thrift stores, which include the new shop on Telegraph Rd. in Frenchtown Township, have announced they will have a 50 percent off clothing sale Wednesday July 4.

in Monroe on a Budget
Monroe MI grocery fliers July 1
July 01st, 2012

My sales and deals are for the Monroe, Mich., area: Trending topics this week: Picnic foods. Keep in mind the stores are marketing to graduation parties and 4th of July picnics. Stock up if you’ll want picnic food supplies for the remainder of what is traditionally southeast Michigan’s vacation month. You’ll notice some P&G specials [...]

marilyn.monroe

• Hero Talker
Re: BlogsMonroe Updates
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 04:27:56 PM »

looking for the truth

• New Talker
  • watching
Re: BlogsMonroe Updates
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 03:02:16 PM »

A contractor has been caught illegally dumping debris from the demolition of the old Ashton Center at 10th and Union streets on a farm in rural Monroe County, officials said. roger homrich.........oh, no maybe it was vandels again........what a joke ......
the truth and nothing but the truth
so help you god
Pages: [1]   Go Up