MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 10:34:30 AM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by The Fuzz
I've seen many big logs coming down that flooded river too.......I would always walk out on the deck just to watch what would happen once they hit that low water dam at Veteran's Park.  Some went over, some got stuck for a while.

on: Today at 10:32:08 AM 
Started by blue2 - Last post by The Fuzz
I remember many train rides from Pittsburgh to St. Louis as a child (late 50's and early 60's) and always enjoyed them.  I also recall how crowded they were.

on: Today at 10:23:30 AM 
Started by blue2 - Last post by BigRedDog
i was watching a series i think on the History channel "The Men That Made America" some time ago and saw that they were showing some again.  There was a lot of video when they were building the railroads.

The railroads certainly became the 'spine' of the country and it's expansion across the continent.

I found this photo from the above link especially interesting.  In the 40s no one seemed overly concerned with working with asbestos!

on: Today at 09:21:09 AM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by BigRedDog
More info on the state's decision to leave the bridge open until late in the day.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20180223/why-decision-was-made-to-close-m-50-for-flood

on: Today at 09:20:44 AM 
Started by TK9317 - Last post by FritzTheKat
sinner

on: Today at 08:51:16 AM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by BigRedDog
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/2018/02/24/michigan-state-spartans-ncaa-yahoo-fbi/369137002/

on: Today at 08:34:45 AM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by BigRedDog
Just watched a sparrow standing up to a pair of doves.  The doves looked like they wanted to move in on the sparrows nest and the sparrow wasn't willing to share!!!

Another gloomy morning out!!!

on: Today at 08:32:11 AM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by BigRedDog
I wonder who handles the dog poop chores...??

Most likely the lowest ranking person on the ship!

M50 is an all weather, no frost law road so the Michigan legal weight limit is 164,000 pounds and there are a load of 11 axle units coming and going across that bridge daily...  Way, way more than any school bus weighs...  Even with a load of overweight students.... ;D

Most school buses wear a 24 plate, not a 164 plate.

That bridge is stout but a few big logs and current can be stouter...
[/b]

I've seen some very big logs come down that river. 

A year or two they brought in a crane during the flood to pull out some of the bigger ones that were against the deck.

on: Today at 08:21:42 AM 
Started by TK9317 - Last post by CatLady
saint

on: Today at 08:02:36 AM 
Started by livewire - Last post by SidecarFlip
Apparently there are 6 cops guarding the house of Scot Peterson the sheriff deputy that stood by while the recent school shooting went down. So what happens if the parent of  one of those gunned downed comes looking to take him out for doing nothing? He better pray to God those cops guarding him don't take the Peterson way out.

It appears that the entire Broward County Sheriff's department is liberal, from the boss down.  There is some very basic issues there.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10