MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Miscellaneous > Anytime you think you're having a bad day, someone is having it worse than you!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anytime you think you're having a bad day, someone is having it worse than you!  (Read 7171 times)

blue2

• Hero Talker

Dogs must hear those much differently than us

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.

I'm thinking it's what they 'feel' as much as it is what they actually hear. 

Dogs have better hearing than we do (in most cases) so I'd guess they sense vibrations better than we do too.  Plus they're so typically laying around completely spread out on the ground so they have a large sensory area to feel that sort of thing.  An active dog and especially a good hunting dog that is working a field does not get upset by a gunshot and I'd guess part of that is that they're on their feet and running so their feet don't get a chance to feel the shock waves as much as a dog just laying around 'on guard'!

A dog in the 'on guard' status is certainly listening and looking (if they're awake) and feeling for anything out of the ordinary.

The Big Red Dog and an English Setter we had both had a magic disdain for a UPS truck as they rumbled down the road.  The setter was a few years older than the BRD so he very well may have 'taught' her that.  Whatever, they both acted the same way.  Even when the setter was old and deaf though he could still 'feel' a UPS truck going by and would still bark.
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.

Another man decided to burn a bee's nest out of the ground...

sounds like he may have decided that if a little accelerant will do a little good then a 'lot' will do a lot of good!!!

Unfortunately it doesn't always work out that way  :o :o :o

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2017/08/man_critically_injured_as_he_t.html#incart_river_home
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

blue2

• Hero Talker

I disturbed a bees nest in the ground a couple of years ago with my mower.  I must have gotten hit 50 times before i got away.
I bought a spray can at the hardware that foams up as you spray it in the hole so they can't get out.  And i waited until dark..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up