MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Miscellaneous > Get out the tinfoil... Samsung washing machines exploding!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Get out the tinfoil... Samsung washing machines exploding!  (Read 519 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
Get out the tinfoil... Samsung washing machines exploding!
« on: October 21, 2016, 10:18:56 AM »

Years ago (when we lived up north) I had a friend on the fire department that was always 'extra' cautious whenever we had a run where a Japanese vehicle was involved.  Often heard him say they were "just a bomb waiting to explode"!!!

I finally got him to explain his concerns.  He was older and had been in WWII and fought in the Pacific against the Japanese.  It pained him to no end to see the Japanese influx into our auto market and I heard him say more than once that they would be the 'downfall' of our country....   he called it the "Emperor's revenge"!!!

As the vehicles got more sophisticated and started having all sorts of electronic devices he was more and more convinced that the electronics all had a builtin 'countdown' timer that would cause all those vehicle to crash or catch fire or explode at a 'pre-determined' target date and time...   it would happen across the country at the same time and create total chaos. 

We never really got around to discussing what would happen next but I'm sure he had a 'theory' ;) ;) ;)

Then I saw this last night and got to thinking back about my (now deceased) friend and all his 'theories'...

I'll bet he's rolling over in his grave!!!

http://abc11.com/news/consumers-claim-some-samsung-washing-machines-explode/1056429/

Above photo from:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/first-tumble-dryers-burst-flames-7383759

My personal 'tinfoil' concern is all these donation bins sitting all over 'everywhere'...

how easy to put an exploding device or a device to spread anthrax or whatever...

All remote or timer controlled :-\ :-\ :-\
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up