MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Miscellaneous > Cities Where It’s Easiest to Get Away With Murder

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cities Where It’s Easiest to Get Away With Murder  (Read 100 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
Cities Where It’s Easiest to Get Away With Murder
« on: July 01, 2017, 08:19:40 PM »

I knew we've had several unsolved murders around but I was surprised to see Monroe 'ranked' in this article :o :o :o

http://247wallst.com/special-report/2017/06/13/cities-where-its-easiest-to-get-away-with-murder/

13. Monroe, MI
> Homicide clearance rate: 34.4%
> No. of murders reported from 2005-2015: 32
> Violent crimes per 100,000 in 2015: 236.3
> Population: 149,568

Based on the population they're counting the whole county!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
Re: Cities Where It’s Easiest to Get Away With Murder
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 03:12:51 AM »

WOW!!  I can't believe all the Michigan cities on this list!  Why are we paying these people the big bucks??   ???
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 03:19:42 AM by eriemermaid »

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
Re: Cities Where It’s Easiest to Get Away With Murder
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 08:57:44 AM »

I'm not so sure the Monroe 'area' deserves to be on this list. 

I have no idea in the world how the author of the article tabulated their data.  I know that many of the unsolved murders in the area are of victims that were from out of the area...   this area was just a 'dumping ground' for activities carried out somewhere else. 

In the article does a 'body found here' translate to a 'murder committed here'?  If the murder happened in Toledo or Detroit do they both also have a murder showing in their jurisdiction (along with Monroe since this is where the body was found)?

As so many of these types of articles are when they do comparisons across state lines are they always comparing apples to apples.

WOW!!  I can't believe all the Michigan cities on this list!  Why are we paying these people the big bucks??   ???

I was surprised to see Jackson on the list too.  Do they have a similar 'body dump' scenario like we do in Monroe?
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up