MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Businesses Closings

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55   Go Down

Author Topic: Businesses Closings  (Read 65027 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: Businesses Closings
« Reply #795 on: March 20, 2017, 09:25:09 PM »

Guess I cannot go there wearing my 460.  It's hard to conceal that big bruiser.  A 23" long handgun don't conceal well.... ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #796 on: March 23, 2017, 07:24:45 AM »

I can buy that.  The Foremost Bank arm of Cabelas is extremely profitable and I was cringing about Capital One assuming it.  I don't like dealing with Pacific Rim call centers and agents with heavy accents..Why I dropped my Capital One card in the first place.

I also heard the SEC is not too comfortable with the Cabelas / Bass Pro merger and was probably going to disallow it.

With Gander going down the crapper and Dicks in bad shape, it might be in Cabelas best interest to stand pat anyway.

Gun sales have pretty well tanked post Obama anyway.  Think that is one big thing that scuttled Gander.  Gander put a lot of eggs in the gun basket and the basket developed a hole in the bottom.

The best gun salesman, Barak, is no more and rep-laced with a pro 2A president.  That took care of the record profits gun manufacturers were making and the related accessory market (scopes, ammo and hardware also took a dump.

I have no Cabelas stock (that I'm aware of) and don't really want any.  The outdoors market is unstable right now.

Bad for you, good for me if, I wanted anything, which, I don't.

Everything you said is 100% true, from what I know.  The small gun shops are dying right now.  Many have already gone belly up.  This past winter was the slowest "busy season" I can remember.  I have the shooting range and the RV storage to help with cash flow, but little gun shops have seen their cash flow come to a screeching halt.  All gun shops are hurting bad right now.  I've had my place for sale since before the election - I saw the writing on the wall back then.  Plus, I just don't have the time to put into it any more.  It's priced cheap, for someone looking to get into it.

If the big boys are having trouble, you know the little guys are hurting too.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 07:27:20 AM by livewire »
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #797 on: March 23, 2017, 11:53:58 AM »

Everything you said is 100% true, from what I know.  The small gun shops are dying right now.  Many have already gone belly up.  This past winter was the slowest "busy season" I can remember.  I have the shooting range and the RV storage to help with cash flow, but little gun shops have seen their cash flow come to a screeching halt.  All gun shops are hurting bad right now.  I've had my place for sale since before the election - I saw the writing on the wall back then.  Plus, I just don't have the time to put into it any more.  It's priced cheap, for someone looking to get into it.

If the big boys are having trouble, you know the little guys are hurting too.

Maybe I need to purchase some 'supplies' from you?  Looking at another stick.  I need a 12 gauge bolt gun.  Didn't know you had RV storage...  Maybe I should be storing my RV in your lot as well....

Don't need a range, have my own to expend lead on.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #798 on: March 23, 2017, 02:18:29 PM »

Toledo has long allowed it's officers to work in uniform - off duty as security...   a smart idea for citizenry and security of establishments! 
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #799 on: March 24, 2017, 08:04:48 PM »

I don't get it, firearm sales are way down (and will probably stay there) but there are lots of new faces in the game and new models too.  Who is gonna buy all those weapons?

The 'gun a day keeps Obama away' is gone.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #800 on: March 24, 2017, 10:02:57 PM »

I don't get it, firearm sales are way down (and will probably stay there) but there are lots of new faces in the game and new models too.  Who is gonna buy all those weapons?

Democrats make the best gun salesman.

No need to rush out today when you know you can buy it tomorrow.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #801 on: March 24, 2017, 10:18:34 PM »

I'm still happy I bought my S&W MP15. I could get it cheaper today but that's ok. 

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #802 on: March 28, 2017, 06:31:02 PM »

I can not believe how slow business is.  The firearms market just died.  You're right, it will probably stay slow.  I feel sorry for the tiny shops that just sell guns.  Their business has stopped.

Good thing I own my building.  Once I sell it, I'll be fine.   Places that rent don't have that option.
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #803 on: March 28, 2017, 07:30:20 PM »

I can not believe how slow business is.  The firearms market just died.  You're right, it will probably stay slow.  I feel sorry for the tiny shops that just sell guns.  Their business has stopped.

Good thing I own my building.  Once I sell it, I'll be fine.   Places that rent don't have that option.

Everything is cyclical. 

Be patient.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #804 on: March 28, 2017, 10:54:00 PM »

Gotta check the laws in Pennsylvania - my son just moved there, and I'm thinking he'll want a safety device in his apartment...     
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #805 on: April 02, 2017, 12:02:21 AM »

Toledo has long allowed it's officers to work in uniform - off duty as security...   a smart idea for citizenry and security of establishments! 

What about liability? If a cop wrongfully shoots someone the Toledo Police will be sued if he's wearing their uniform.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 12:04:21 AM by Tiny »
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #806 on: April 02, 2017, 08:05:34 AM »

What about liability? If a cop wrongfully shoots someone the Toledo Police will be sued if he's wearing their uniform.

Don't worry about it Tiny.

The taxpayers have unlimited funds, and the Union will defend the cop no matter how stupid he was and even though he wasn't working.

All will be good.

The only one that will get screwed is the taxpayers, and who really cares about them?
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #807 on: April 02, 2017, 11:13:45 PM »

Don't worry about it Tiny.

The taxpayers have unlimited funds, and the Union will defend the cop no matter how stupid he was and even though he wasn't working.

All will be good.

The only one that will get screwed is the taxpayers, and who really cares about them?

Whew, that's a load off my mind.  ;D ;D
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #808 on: April 03, 2017, 11:55:09 PM »

And you don't think someone would sue a cop if he was not wearing the uniform but still had the training?   

I believe long ago the City preferred the additional presence over worrying about liability.

If you do something that you get shot for at a mall -I'll side with the trained officer over a rent-a-cop from another agency.
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #809 on: April 04, 2017, 07:22:33 PM »

And you don't think someone would sue a cop if he was not wearing the uniform but still had the training?   

I believe long ago the City preferred the additional presence over worrying about liability.

If you do something that you get shot for at a mall -I'll side with the trained officer over a rent-a-cop from another agency.

Sure they could sue the cop - but I doubt they would get very far suing the city.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55   Go Up