MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Nevaeh Buchanan  > Anonymous donor increases reward for info about Nevaeh

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Anonymous donor increases reward for info about Nevaeh  (Read 9676 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Anonymous donor increases reward for info about Nevaeh
« on: October 28, 2010, 07:29:10 PM »

$25,000 donation brings reward to $50,000 :o :o :o

http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=13406882
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Emptynest Momma

• Active Talker
Reward doubled in Nevaeh Buchanan murder case
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 08:14:53 AM »

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/neighborhood/story.aspx?id=533037

MONROE -- It's been more than a year since five-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan was abducted and murdered.  To this day her killer has been caught.  The group justice for Nevaeh is hoping a $25,000 increase in their cash reward will bring forth new information.  The reward now sits at $50,000.

The announcement came after an anonymous donor, touched by the groups effort to find Nevaeh’s killer came forward, doubling the reward.  “I was so unbelievably touched $25,000 is a lot of money“ says Joe Starkey, President of Justice for Nevaeh.

Her grandmother, Carla Nash says she couldn’t know who the donor is “but I want to say thank you from the bottom of our hearts, thank you whoever you are, thank you.”

A Halloween themed party in Nevaeh’s honor followed the big announcement.  Although it was lots of fun for kids in costume who enjoyed arts, crafts and games it was an opportunity to education parents on how to keep their kids safe this Halloween.

Some of the tips passed out for the group;

A parent should always accompany a child as they Trick-or-Treat
Kids should Trick-or-Treat in groups
Parents should talk to kids about how to be aware of their surroundings
Kids shouldn’t approach anyone in a vehicle, or enter anyone’s home
It’s best for kids to Trick-or-Treat in areas they’re familiar with
Lastly, tell kids not to take anything from anyone who approaches them
If you have any information about who killed Nevaeh, you’re asked to call the groups tip line at 734-457-6713.  The cash reward will go to the person who provides information leading to the arrest and conviction of her killer.

JessStar

• Super Talker
  • Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh
    • Justice for Nevaeh
Re: Anonymous donor increases reward for info about Nevaeh
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 09:23:01 AM »

Thank you BRD!  We made the announcement yesterday at Nevaeh's Second Annual Halloween Party.  Just so everyone is clear, the $50,000 reward is made up of three parts.  $20,000 is being offered by the Nevaeh Buchanan Task Force.  $2,500 is being offered by Crimestoppers Michigan.  And thanks to the incredible generosity and compassion of our anonymous donor, Justice for Nevaeh's reward now stands at $27,500

We will begin distributing posters bearing the new Reward amounts immediately.  You will also see them popping up around the community, on buses, in leaflets, ANY WAY we can get the word out.

Having said that, posters and things like that can only go so far.  There is NO SUBSTITUTION FOR WORD OF MOUTH!  So tell everyone you can.  I will post a link shortly to the new reward poster.  Send it to everyone on your email list.  Tell everyone you work with, socialize with, family, friends, everyone.  Together we can bring this Child the JUSTICE she deserves.

Thank you.  And once again, our very deep heartfelt thanks goes out to our anonymous donor. 

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 09:46:10 PM »

The increase sounds great....in that at least it's keeping the topic being talked about.

But I doubt anyone that has some information decided not to share it because the reward wasn't high enough.

Helping catch the murderer should be reward enough.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

SimpleMan

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 11:14:13 PM »

The increase sounds great....in that at least it's keeping the topic being talked about.

But I doubt anyone that has some information decided not to share it because the reward wasn't high enough.

Agreed.

While this donation is no doubt a well intentioned and noble gesture, an increase of the reward money won't bring information. I will admit this is only my opinion, but I believe it to be true firmly enough to state it as though it is indeed fact, that anyone with information about Neveah's murder will not reveal it because revealing it would implicate themselves.

JessStar

• Super Talker
    • Justice for Nevaeh
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 09:21:22 AM »

There is a saying in police work that “Somebody always knows.”  That somebody isn't always the perpetrator or an accomplice. That's why there's a second saying in police work, "Loose lips sink ships." Enough said about that.  I urge the community not to think narrowly--obviously ANY reward isn't geared toward getting a confession out of someone who is implicated.  That would be ludicrous.

JessStar

• Super Talker
    • Justice for Nevaeh
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 09:23:36 AM »

I agree with you FrenchFry that helping catch the murdered should be reward enough. To people like you and I.  But the unfortunate fact is, for some, it just isn't.  For whatever reason. 
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 09:25:12 AM by JessStar »

marilyn.monroe

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 09:07:11 AM »

I think the higher the reward the better chance of someone coming forward with information that could help! The contribution to the reward fund is very generous. Thank you. Maybe there is someone who won't be moved by money, but they may be moved by their conscience and do right by Nevaeh. The truth will come out.

Deanna

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010, 04:40:28 PM »

Yeah and you never know, the person or some of the people that may be involved may even realize that for that kind of green, a questionable friendship in hard times could be worth it...I can hear the conversation now in my mind..."You know I got your back no matter what...you can trust me",  then that same person later picking up the phone and making an anonymous tip that solves this entire tragedy for the money.  Unless someone truly did do all of this completely by themselves- they won't ever be able to rest and will always have to look over their shoulder because they can't even trust the people they run with.  It's kind of Justice in it's own rights as the person would be tormented from now until the end with being limited on what they can or can't do because someone is watching.  Kind of a weird twist on things but realistically people drop a dime on friends for a lot less.  And really if the guilty people/person is reading this...How much do you trust your friends?
I'd rather be by myself than in bad company

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 07:59:48 PM »

I just don't think upping the award is going to help solve this case.  Someone got by with the perfect murder.  I hope I'm wrong, but I believe this case will go unsolved.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2010, 09:11:00 PM »

I just don't think upping the award is going to help solve this case.  Someone got by with the perfect murder.  I hope I'm wrong, but I believe this case will go unsolved.

I go by that spot regularly (on the Raisin) and everythime I go by there I think about the unsolved crime and I agree.....  It will never be solved, reward or not.  I don't know why because it appeared a crime of blunders to me but obvuously the blunders made it the perfectly unsolvable crime.  Even the FBI (who I thought would solve it), didn't.

I imagine that there are littterally hundreds of unsolved murders in the state, every year.  This one just happened to be local, a young girl and a murder sensationalized by a newspaper (MEN) that perpetuated it's existence  and procransinated about the (eventual) conclusion, even though it never came.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

313girl

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 12:01:47 PM »

It seemed like they had a lot of evidence too. What ever happened to the empty bag of cement they found? Wasn't it said that it could be traced because it was a 40 lb bag and only sold in a few locations?
Monroe...such a welcoming town.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 12:57:29 PM »

That is one of the reasons I firmly believe the case will go unsolved.  Had there been enough evidence to even threaten an arrest, it would have been done to try and force a confession.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Deanna

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 11:36:12 AM »

1 1/2 years later and I personally believe the person(s) will be caught.  I am not sure about the evidence that they had but according to the articles they did have a lot of tips.

Deanna

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 05:01:11 PM »

Stories like this are what I believe they are trying to avoid.  The city couldn't afford that kind of mistake.  They will get the responsible person(s) : )
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up