MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Nevaeh Buchanan  > Our failure a stain on community.

Poll

Is the failure to get justice for Neveah a stain on our community?

You may only select up to 2 options.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Our failure a stain on community.  (Read 4757 times)

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

• New Talker
Our failure a stain on community.
« on: June 14, 2011, 06:21:28 PM »

A long time has passed.

Nobody has been brought to justice for the death of this little girl.

Our government and law enforcement plays games about salaries and union benefits.

Nobody asks why we should be giving law enforcement raises while the killer goes free. Or why we need more of the same old unmarked police cars doing seatbelt checks on Telegraph Road.

Law enforcement is broken in this town. Some of us knew it before this happened. Now most of us do.

Yet, we don't talk about it. Is it because we are still in denial? We don't want to accept that we are not all safe and sound in our beds?

Or is there some deep down resentment, like the mother of this girl somehow deserved it upon her and her daughter. I swear to god I think some in this community think this is the case.

That this case has gone unsolved should move like a wrecking ball through this community. No seat in government untouched. Everyone from the mayor of Luna Pier to every since county commissioner should be asked what they have done to see justice here. And if the answer is 'nada', then kick their butts out.

I am sick and tired of how this place pretends there is nothing wrong.

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
  • Doing the impossible makes us mighty.
Re: Our failure a stain on community.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 06:23:33 PM »

There are thousands of unresolved murders every year.  Just because this one happened to a child, and locally doesn't make the system broken or corrupt.
http://daveherndon.blogspot.com/

You believe in life after death, I believe in death after life

I swear it upon Zeus; an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.

- Socrates

Non Illegitimati Carborundum

"Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they are going to collapse. But the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further, beyond all limits. Only when these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached."

family man

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 07:48:43 PM »

A long time has passed.

Nobody has been brought to justice for the death of this little girl.

Our government and law enforcement plays games about salaries and union benefits.

Nobody asks why we should be giving law enforcement raises while the killer goes free. Or why we need more of the same old unmarked police cars doing seatbelt checks on Telegraph Road.

Law enforcement is broken in this town. Some of us knew it before this happened. Now most of us do.

Yet, we don't talk about it. Is it because we are still in denial? We don't want to accept that we are not all safe and sound in our beds?

Or is there some deep down resentment, like the mother of this girl somehow deserved it upon her and her daughter. I swear to god I think some in this community think this is the case.

That this case has gone unsolved should move like a wrecking ball through this community. No seat in government untouched. Everyone from the mayor of Luna Pier to every since county commissioner should be asked what they have done to see justice here. And if the answer is 'nada', then kick their butts out.

I am sick and tired of how this place pretends there is nothing wrong.

The blame lays squarely on the girl's mother, not LE. She created a situation where this happened by associating with known sexual offenders. I still firmly believe she knows what happened, ala, Casey Anthony.

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 08:15:20 PM »

There are thousands of unresolved murders every year.  Just because this one happened to a child, and locally doesn't make the system broken or corrupt.

Agreed.

Besides, I believe justice WILL be served.  Eventually.

The bastard that killed this little girl will pay a price FAR greater than anything our justice system could hand out.  Frenchie may make fun of this comment, but I am a firm believer that God will avenge this girl's death.
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

family man

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 08:26:24 PM »

Agreed.

Besides, I believe justice WILL be served.  Eventually.

The bastard that killed this little girl will pay a price FAR greater than anything our justice system could hand out.  Frenchie may make fun of this comment, but I am a firm believer that God will avenge this girl's death.

There is a special place in Hell for the person who did this.

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 08:32:06 PM »

There is a special place in Hell for the person who did this.

LMAO!  Do you know me?

I say those exact words frequently!    ;D
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 10:45:47 PM »

I don't understand the title of this thread. 

OUR failure?        A STAIN on our COMMUNITY?

I don't think calling our community a failure makes sense at all.

I too agree with the opinion that there is a VERY special place in Hell for the perpetrator of this unthinkable act.  A very patient sentence will be paid. 

But, somehow holding our community accountable for this is not acceptable, IMO. 

Even with so many days/months/years that have passed, I think our community is still mourning what happened and handing failure to them in addition to their sense of loss is an unfair sentence to pass. 

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 11:48:14 PM »

The poster obviously needs a ride on a fast motorcycle to clear their head................. ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 01:06:28 AM »

The blame lays squarely on the girl's mother, not LE. She created a situation where this happened by associating with known sexual offenders. I still firmly believe she knows what happened, ala, Casey Anthony.
It's that type of illogical thinking that may be why LE myopically focused in the wrong direction.

The way people like you so easily skewer the bereaved without a shred of evidence to support your assertion is sickening.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

family man

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 07:26:12 AM »

The poster obviously needs a ride on a fast motorcycle to clear their head................. ;D

I think the poster is obviously related to FF.

justbeingme

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 12:19:41 PM »

I removed the picture of the disgusting urinals that French Fry posted per request.

Please dont be UN-God on this thread..praying is the ONLY asset we have at this time...
if you do not BELIEVE in God...that is your problem. But please, dont criticize the ones that do BELIEVE.

The majority of Monroe DOES believe in God, as you can
clearly see by all the structured churches and different faiths in this city.

God does punish those that murder innocent victims.

I for one do BELIEVE that prayers work...yes my faith went uncounted for..for many years
in the past. Until the dreadful day my daughter was in an accident in 09....they said had she been older in her fifties..they would have pulled the plug..massive brain injuries and fractures..hemotomas...surgeries upon surgeries...more than I want to remember.
When all was going not so good...I started praying for God to take me instead of my daughter..it sure isnt fair to have a child of yours die before you do. No one knows this..unless you are put in that situation yourself.

Prayers are what got my daughter through this...she will never EVER be the same due to the blows to the back of head, thanks to being thrown from
a motorcycle almost 35ft and blasting her head on the bottom of a utility pole..(bf blew a .14 and walked away without a scratch..unbelievable)
She now needs supervision 24/7 at all times.
She has come a long way in two years..she does most for herself..except her speech is impaired and limited.
She learns more by pointing to objects then by saying what they are.
Her children can no longer be in her care...her daughter is
now living with her Dad full time..her son..is with me.

If it were NOT for God and the prayers from everyone..I truly BELIEVE she wouldnt still be with us here.

AGAIN...PRAYERS are NEEDED everyday for Nevaeh....I sometimes..talk to her without even thinking about it,
probably because of me knowing her personally...I ask her to tell me who did it...or to give us some clues as to how we can find this person or persons of interest.  Call me crazy...stranger things have worked in the past.
IMO there is more than one person to look for...be it female or male.
This took a little planning to say the least!

« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 11:58:52 PM by justbeingme »
NEVAEH~MONROE'S ANGEL~she will NOT rest in peace until her killer is brought to justice!

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 05:37:03 PM »

Wow.    EXTREMELY cold, inappropriate behavior above.   

Again . . . . emptiness.  That's all I see.  Sad, mean spirited emptiness.    >:(

JBM, don't waste your time.  It's hopeless.    :( :( :(

ell

• Hero Talker
  • Nothing beats a good paddle
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 06:52:48 PM »

Nope.  How about all the volunteer searchers?

Fry, I'm sorry, but that was pretty distasteful.  People's faith are just as important to them as the conspiracies others see around every corner.  Why not let them find their comfort in their faith.  I will however, support you in your non-belief and wouldn't think of trying to sway your opinion.

And for those Christians who are calling for God's wrath upon the perpetrator of this crime, remember that if you truly believe you have to believe that if this person is repentent, then he or she gains a spot in Heaven.  It's about forgiveness.  Hate the sin, not the sinner.  Maybe y'all know something different than what I was taught.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thouroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 07:07:05 PM »

Nope.  How about all the volunteer searchers?

Fry, I'm sorry, but that was pretty distasteful.  People's faith are just as important to them as the conspiracies others see around every corner.  Why not let them find their comfort in their faith.  I will however, support you in your non-belief and wouldn't think of trying to sway your opinion.

And for those Christians who are calling for God's wrath upon the perpetrator of this crime, remember that if you truly believe you have to believe that if this person is repentent, then he or she gains a spot in Heaven.  It's about forgiveness.  Hate the sin, not the sinner.  Maybe y'all know something different than what I was taught.

ell:  I'm not "calling" for God's wrath on anyone.  And, I don't think it works that way anyhow. 

Any relationship an individual has with God (whether it's good or bad) is exactly that.  Individual.

But, please don't misunderstand MY feelings that the person(s) who killed Nevaeh will have an intimate knowledge of what Hell is as a WISH for that.  I happen to believe it simply "WILL BE". 

There is a difference.

ell

• Hero Talker
  • Nothing beats a good paddle
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 07:59:29 PM »

ell:  I'm not "calling" for God's wrath on anyone.  And, I don't think it works that way anyhow. 

Any relationship an individual has with God (whether it's good or bad) is exactly that.  Individual.

But, please don't misunderstand MY feelings that the person(s) who killed Nevaeh will have an intimate knowledge of what Hell is as a WISH for that.  I happen to believe it simply "WILL BE". 

There is a difference.

My comments were not directed at your post.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thouroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up