MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Nevaeh Buchanan  > Police say they're closer to arrest in Nevaeh killing - May 2012

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Police say they're closer to arrest in Nevaeh killing - May 2012  (Read 24604 times)

Administration

• Web Developer
  • Administrator
  • Hero Talker
    • MonroeTalks.com

Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said investigators are closer to arresting the person they believe is responsible for the kidnapping and murder of Nevaeh Buchanan, the 5-year-old girl who was snatched from an apartment complex three years ago.

Click here for the full article.
MonroeTalks.com Administration

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Police say they're closer to arrest in Nevaeh killing - May 2012
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 08:50:21 AM »

If Sheriff Crutchfield doesn't announce an arrest (or other satisfactory ending) to this case before he leaves office I wonder how long it will take the new sheriff to make an announcement...

Does this mean we have to wait at least another year before we hear something on the Chappell family bombing too ??? ??? ??? 8* 8* 8*
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

ussoccer26

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 09:37:59 AM »

Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said investigators are closer to arresting the person they believe is responsible for the kidnapping and murder of Nevaeh Buchanan, the 5-year-old girl who was snatched from an apartment complex three years ago.

Click here for the full article.

I hope so. The other day I passed the spot on Dixon Rd where she was found and it left me feeling angry and sad.
Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 10:01:19 AM »

This is great news. 

I always believed this would not simply disappear.   And I've always thought the person was in sight plain sight but it just took time to put all the pieces together.   We'll see if this is the case or not.

And politics should be left out of it. 

T-M-T

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 10:14:13 AM »

And politics should be left out of it.

Yup.  Cancel the election and let Crutchfield serve as long as he wants because the bossy know-it-all forum lady says so.

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 10:36:57 AM »

Hey idiot.  Politics out.  Whether it's idiot forum users, or idiot politicians running for office.

idiot.  8*
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:38:33 AM by MM1 »

T-M-T

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 10:43:09 AM »

The Sheriff is an elected official.  He is heading the investigation.  His term ends at the end of the year and he’s not running for re-election.  Those are facts.  If that makes it too political for you, tough.  Deal with it.

And sorry, but you may be able to order others around, but you can’t tell me what to do. ;D

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 10:51:22 AM »

Wait a minute . . . . . who told you to do or say anything?  Or anyone for that fact. 

I am however wondering where the people are who politely ask people to stay on topic.   Seems to be fitting right here but missing. 

So at the risk of hurting your feelings:  Please stay on topic.  This is not a political topic or a political thread.  It's about a little girl who was murdered and a person may soon be arrested in that case.  (Which is very good news)

Deal with it. 8*

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 01:00:36 AM »

Hey idiot.  Politics out.  Whether it's idiot forum users, or idiot politicians running for office.

idiot.  8*
Wow.
Wait a minute . . . . . who told you to do or say anything?  Or anyone for that fact. 

I am however wondering where the people are who politely ask people to stay on topic.   Seems to be fitting right here but missing. 

So at the risk of hurting your feelings:  Please stay on topic.  This is not a political topic or a political thread.  It's about a little girl who was murdered and a person may soon be arrested in that case.  (Which is very good news)

Deal with it. 8*
While you may not like it...politics could very well play a role here.

I'm not making any allegations...but you're not the supreme queen ruler of forum so quit making arbitrary demands and "rulings"

Okay back to the topic.

I wonder about the purpose of the teaser story?

Why hasn't a suspect been charged and what took so long?

Although he did not use the word “suspect,” Sheriff Crutchfield said that the focus of the ongoing investigation has narrowed. In his most candid public comments since the incident, the sheriff said that the community is not in danger from the person or persons he believes may be involved with the crime. That may mean the killer, believed to be a local person, is in prison or that he or she is dead or disabled.

“We have an eye on a person or persons,” the sheriff said. “We have significantly narrowed our focus.”

Asked if an arrest is imminent, the sheriff said it is possible but he would not put a timetable on any actions related to the case. He said he is not surprised the investigation has taken years and has maintained that he is confident the case will be solved.

“I would say absolutely we are closer,” he said. “The public is not in danger from this person or persons.”
More here:
http://www.monroenews.com/news/2012/may/23/police-say-theyre-closer-arrest-nevaeh-killing/

This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

family man

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 12:56:05 PM »

I'll believe it when it happens.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 01:46:45 PM »

I'll believe it when it happens.

Me too family man...

when you think about it between this case and the car bombing Sheriff Crutchfield hasn't had a great last few years in office...   maybe he should have quit before the last election when he was ahead :-\ :-\ :-\
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

Deanna

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 09:30:12 AM »

While I am trying to be excited about the news that they are closer to an arrest, I have to wonder if it is to appease all of us for another year?   Which is ok with as long as they have their I's dotted and their T's crossed and a solid case.  I did find the article very interesting and the choice words they used to describe the possible suspect(s).. in prison, dead or disabled.  At least they have narrowed it down a little...who knows maybe all three fit the bill.  I would think that just because someone is disabled they could still pose a threat to others but I suppose it depends on the severity of their disablity.  Time will tell and I do have to say they did a great job finding the teen that was missing recently.
I'd rather be by myself than in bad company

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 10:04:16 AM »

It's always been our feeling that the person who did this was sitting in prison, therefore removed the rush to arrest. 

The comment used that "nobody was in danger" (or words to that affect) makes us even more convinced of this.

That is not to say an "accomplice" (either before or after the fact) is not among us.  But, we see a pending arrest to happen soon as completely believable and won't be surprised one bit to learn he is in prison for other reasons.

The mere fact that her Grandmother was never allowed to see Nevaeh after she was found (including her clothing) really says a lot that there are details LE has that will not be released until a courtroom is involved.  As hurtful as that must be for the family, I see some LE cards being held and that's a good thing.   

I guess I'd rather be guardedly optimistic that something is coming up the pike than immediately poo-poo and bash.   

I can only imagine the nightmare this remains to be for the family and now seeing it in the headlines and "water cooler discussions" again must be very painful. 

I think if Nevaeh every single time I drive past the cemetary.  Very sad.   :(
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 10:10:20 AM by MM1 »

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 10:16:53 AM »

I see some LE cards being held and that's a good thing.

I wonder if you would feel the same way IF the victim was a member of YOUR family?

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 10:51:39 AM »

You do?  Really.  How sweet for you to be concerned brd.  It sure seems you're quite concerned with all of my posts of late.

Actually, if it were a member of my family, I would be thrilled that there was current ANYTHING going on and not just a dusty file. 

I would also resent all the empty-headed, politically driven drivel put onto an implied pending arrest. 

You cannot/will not pull me into your nonsense.  You can (and probably will) continue to snip at me wherever I post,  but your nonsense is a waste of time. 

You really need a new hobby.

JMO of course.  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up