MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Nevaeh Buchanan  > Police say they're closer to arrest in Nevaeh killing - May 2012

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Police say they're closer to arrest in Nevaeh killing - May 2012  (Read 21191 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Police say they're closer to arrest in Nevaeh killing - May 2012
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 11:13:21 AM »

You do?  Really.  How sweet for you to be concerned brd.  It sure seems you're quite concerned with all of my posts of late.

Actually, if it were a member of my family, I would be thrilled that there was current ANYTHING going on and not just a dusty file. 

I would also resent all the empty-headed, politically driven drivel put onto an implied pending arrest. 

You cannot/will not pull me into your nonsense.  You can (and probably will) continue to snip at me wherever I post,  but your nonsense is a waste of time. 

You really need a new hobby.

JMO of course.  :)

I figured that was about what you'd say...

you're so predictable :) :) :)
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2012, 11:38:24 AM »

And . . . you're a mystery? ? ? ?

You really do need to stop baiting me.  I'm sure if you try real hard, you can find more important things to do with yourself than pay such close attention to me.   ;)

« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 11:47:19 AM by MM1 »

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2012, 05:55:39 PM »

I have to wonder why would such an announcement even be made.  My guess is that it to placate the public at the anniversary which seems to be the pattern of announcements from LE since the event.

I have been cynical about this crime ever being solved after the first several months slipped by without an arrest.  I once again hope I am wrong, but I can't imagine what new evidence could pop up after 3 years unless a near confession was made.

LE is a tough business full of challenges I'm sure, but it will always baffle me how in the middle of broad daylight in an apartment parking lot how nobody witnessed anything.  There is probably more to this story than will ever be known.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Billy

• Hero Talker
  • Don't let the smooth taste fool ya!
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 08:42:32 AM »

I completely agree Fuzz.

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 04:57:19 AM »

Personally I do not think there is an impending arrest MM1.... but an impending announcement.

From the release, combined with all the past statements, I think they know EXACTLY who did this.  Stating that the person is not longer a threat to the public tells me they know exactly where that person (or their remains... which would be prefered) are located.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 07:40:02 AM »

Personally I do not think there is an impending arrest MM1.... but an impending announcement.

From the release, combined with all the past statements, I think they know EXACTLY who did this.  Stating that the person is not longer a threat to the public tells me they know exactly where that person (or their remains... which would be prefered) are located.

Then let's get on with said "announcement"...

if there is no "legal defense" to be mounted then what is the point of waiting?

Aunt Lisa

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 08:20:25 AM »

Was there DNA left behind? Did they run it through the criminal DNA Database and get a hit? Shoe imprints? Finger prints? I don't know what they have.

As for the "The public is not in danger from this person or persons" that is a quote by it self from the sheriff. The paper added, That "MAY" mean the person(s) is dead, jail, or disabled. In other words this person(s) could be none of these above. 

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 08:29:52 AM »

Then let's get on with said "announcement"...

if there is no "legal defense" to be mounted then what is the point of waiting?

Burden of proof is still important for civil matters and I suspect naming names without being sure would open up the county to problems it would rather not deal with?

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 08:31:02 AM »

I am of course speculating.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 08:33:33 AM »

Burden of proof is still important for civil matters and I suspect naming names without being sure would open up the county to problems it would rather not deal with?

That's always a "fine line" LE has to walk...

if they have something "concrete" then at least give the public a hint as to what is going on...

if they don't have anything then let the public know so that the public might possibly continue to generate leads...

If I stumbled on something that might be remotely related to this case today I wouldn't have any idea if I needed to call the detectives or if I was going to get poohpoohed for wasting their time :-\ :-\ :-\

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 08:36:47 AM »

I am of course speculating.

as we all are ;) ;) ;)

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2012, 08:37:45 AM »

I'm in the "They know who did it but do not have the 'green light' (whether evidence, admissions, etc) to proceed" camp. 

I just watched a program last night that aired at 9pm (20/20 type show, don't remember the name of the show) where the murderers weren't arrested for 15 yrs.  But they did end up in prison for the rest of their lives.   

And, I maintain that the "life" Nevaeh's murderer(s) are living can't be too fulfilling.  They MUST be looking over their shoulders at every turn.  Somewhat of a "prison" already.

I don't think LE cares one bit about the public's demand to know details.  And they shouldn't. 

I want them to take their time, get it right, then pull the trigger.  The damage has been done.  There's no need to rush just to satisfy the public and possibly screw something up and lose everything.   

JMO

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2012, 08:41:41 AM »

I'm in the "They know who did it but do not have the 'green light' (whether evidence, admissions, etc) to proceed" camp. 

I just watched a program last night that aired at 9pm (20/20 type show, don't remember the name of the show) where the murderers weren't arrested for 15 yrs.  But they did end up in prison for the rest of their lives.   

And, I maintain that the "life" Nevaeh's murderer(s) are living can't be too fulfilling.  They MUST be looking over their shoulders at every turn.  Somewhat of a "prison" already.

I don't think LE cares one bit about the public's demand to know details.  And they shouldn't. 

I want them to take their time, get it right, then pull the trigger.  The damage has been done.  There's no need to rush just to satisfy the public and possibly screw something up and lose everything.   

JMO

In some cases "the public" can be the biggest impediment to an investigation...

but in (I believe more than less) some cases it is the info from "the public" that solves the crime...

I'm glad I'm not the one that has to make that call I guess 8* 8* 8*

Aunt Lisa

• Hero Talker
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2012, 08:45:45 AM »

Couldn't agree more with MM1 and jbs. "Beyond a reasonable doubt"

kitzy1017

• New Talker
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 06:54:13 PM »

Just because he said no one was in danger, does not mean someone is in prison, disabled or whatever, it could also be that they know who the ______ is and see know other reason why the person would want or need to harm someone else. Just saying,
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up