MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Fun & Games > 2014 Stock Market game for MT

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2014 Stock Market game for MT  (Read 1595 times)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
2014 Stock Market game for MT
« on: December 30, 2013, 06:27:47 PM »

Here's a game for all to try, even if you've never owned stocks or know what a margin is...

It is a great tool for learning - and it's real time - live market based.
I used it for a college class and have had fun with it on occasion.

www.marketwatch.com/game/monroe-talks-2014

Password:   Monroe

This is a private game open to those on MT
You get 100K to start and see how you do throughout the year.

You are allowed access to making market trades and moves as you like, with few limits in the game, or you can just keep the money in cash... 

The Virtual Reality Market - runs with real time trading and stats.
Your trades and moves will be kept private, but the ranking or standings will be viewable against the others.

I chose to run it from Mid January to Mid December to get almost a year's worth to see how well any of us can do.

It doesn't take much time, and will introduce you to the market if you have never tried it...   

Hope you will give it a try

Professor H
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
Re: 2014 Stock Market game for MT
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 10:02:32 PM »

Okay as far as the site and likely what someone may have run into:
Prior to entering the game you need to register an account

If you haven't - when you enter "Monroe" in the game password area it will open up a dialogue box to start that process.

For that process:
- it's going to require a name and e-mail address to sign up (Register)

On the "log in" page  click on Register

Here you will need to put a name in, and the e-mail address you wish to use, along with a password.

(I don't see my e-mail anywhere in the actual game - for those with issues- and I didn't see any options needing them except to register and log in)

There are lots of fields after that - but I don't think they are "required"
You can also deselect the notifications if any are checked in the communication area where they like to send you e-mails...
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
  • Doing the impossible makes us mighty.
Re: 2014 Stock Market game for MT
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 02:55:32 PM »

Anyone interested in starting this again in 2015?
http://daveherndon.blogspot.com/

You believe in life after death, I believe in death after life

I swear it upon Zeus; an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.

- Socrates

Non Illegitimati Carborundum

"Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they are going to collapse. But the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further, beyond all limits. Only when these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached."
Pages: [1]   Go Up