MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > In the News This Morning

Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 305   Go Down

Author Topic: In the News This Morning  (Read 205259 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: In the News This Morning
« Reply #4320 on: March 17, 2017, 07:48:51 PM »

Wouldn't Cabelas be paying for the officer,,
Doesn't seem like Dundee citizens should pay for that

I think it's a tit for tat thing.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4321 on: March 17, 2017, 07:56:34 PM »

Well, for sure Dundee can thank Cabelas for all the growth on that side of 23.  Otherwise it would still be a corn field.

I remember back not to long ago when Dumbdee 'The Hub of the Highway' was a tire shop on the west side of 23 that was never open, a Denny's on the east side of 23 (had wicked coffee), a tiny Ford dealer (Spirit Ford) and not much else.  On the Cabelas side, was a cornfield and at the corner (where LoneStar is), was a brick farm house.  That was it.  Down Town Dumbdee was a pahrmacy, hardware store and so assorted almost bankrupt shops.  My, how times have changed..  not for the better either.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4322 on: March 17, 2017, 08:07:14 PM »

I remember Ben's Bar very well. On the corner if I remember by the park
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 10:43:01 AM by blue2 »

rwwjr

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4323 on: March 20, 2017, 10:32:17 AM »

Has anyone heard about a fatal vehicle/pedestrian accident Friday afternoon on S Dixie near Greenwycke?  Several people told me they say a body covered by a blanket lying in the road blocked by police vehicles, but if so covered, I missed any news coverage.  Anyone have any info?

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4324 on: March 23, 2017, 02:05:22 PM »

Sad to hear the truck with the flashing arrow supposed to be protecting a road crew - actually hit the workers and killed at least one in Wayne County this afternoon...
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #4325 on: April 14, 2017, 06:07:08 PM »

I wonder why they just didn't shoot this guy after first hitting him with a taser?  Some of these guys just don't think past the ramifications of what their authority brings them.....some shouldn't have it.

http://usat.ly/2oZv1sG

Support the local economy as much as possible!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4326 on: April 14, 2017, 06:43:20 PM »

Two takeaways.
I don't understand why so many people have no respect for authority and don't do as ask.
When a cop isn't threatened I don't know why he has to resort to physical force..

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #4327 on: April 14, 2017, 06:46:16 PM »

No doubt, to either point.  Both just amaze me in what in the hell are these people thinking.....dumb!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4328 on: April 14, 2017, 08:12:36 PM »

No doubt, to either point.  Both just amaze me in what in the hell are these people thinking.....dumb!

That is what I was thinking about United this week - Dumb!

I mainly try to fly Delta.

They will open up their wallet to get people to happily volunteer not to fly.

I can't understand why the idiots at United didn't at least think to offer the MINIMUM required by law before they decided to screw over passengers.

Someone in the airline industry needs to reconsider this overbook every flight policy.

It is getting old.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4329 on: April 14, 2017, 10:16:50 PM »

United is gonna get taken to the cleaners.  No doubt.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4330 on: April 14, 2017, 10:18:37 PM »

I see the Feds busted a Mooslem doctor for mutilating young girls personal areas.  That crap my fly in the Arab world, but she's in deep shitte here.

3 hots and a cot.  No bail either.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #4331 on: April 15, 2017, 11:53:04 AM »

I wondered when the story broke if the intent of the visit to that doctor was to allow the mutilation to take place and it appears that is the case by what I read in this story.  Never heard of this....is it a cultural thing, punishment or sorts?  Lots of wackos in this world.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/nation/2017/04/15/protection-petitions-filed-mutilation-case/100497808/

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4332 on: April 15, 2017, 03:39:19 PM »

I wondered when the story broke if the intent of the visit to that doctor was to allow the mutilation to take place and it appears that is the case by what I read in this story.  Never heard of this....is it a cultural thing, punishment or sorts?  Lots of wackos in this world.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/nation/2017/04/15/protection-petitions-filed-mutilation-case/100497808/

It's a towelhead thing.  Clitoral mutulation is widespread over there.  It supposedly reduced the sex drive of a young girl.  It's a felony here.  She's about to find out what a vacation in a penal institution is like.

I've never had an issue with people from overseas coming and settling here (other than Jihadists), but if you settle here, abide by the American customs and laws.  Not your parent country's customs and laws.

I read it in 2 papers and I agree.  The purpose of the visits was clitoral mutilation.  Wasn't just in Michigan either.  Was in Minnesota too.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #4333 on: April 15, 2017, 04:59:26 PM »

One of the kids stopped by the house and said they heard there was a North Korean submarine in Lake Erie just offshore.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4334 on: April 15, 2017, 05:34:35 PM »

One of the kids stopped by the house and said they heard there was a North Korean submarine in Lake Erie just offshore.

Know anyone with a fishing boat with a fish finder?

We can go out an drop some home made depth charges on it.

If nothing else we can get some fish out of it.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 305   Go Up