MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Nevaeh Buchanan  > It's been five long years!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: It's been five long years!  (Read 11294 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
It's been five long years!
« on: May 21, 2014, 04:47:08 PM »

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: It's been five long years!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 04:47:03 PM »

The MonroeNews today has a great article by Ray Kisonas on the 'unnamed' suspect with lots of details I've never heard before.  Hopefully they'll put it up on their website soon!

Greg Chamberlain

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 07:58:29 AM »

So, does anybody know a prison inmate from Monroe who is facing additional charges of trying to kill a fellow inmate?
"To preserve the freedom of the human mind then and freedom of the press, every spirit should be ready to devote itself to martyrdom; for as long as we may think as we will, and speak as we think, the condition of man will proceed in improvement." - Thomas Jefferson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 09:56:07 AM »

The MonroeNews today has a great article by Ray Kisonas on the 'unnamed' suspect with lots of details I've never heard before.  Hopefully they'll put it up on their website soon!

They posted it this morning!

“ We were very close to making an arrest,” Mr. Crutchfield said in recent days. “ We know who the person is. I believe we have the right person targeted. We had nothing that pointed to the mother.” #The man many police believe is the person responsible remains in prison on unrelated convictions and is not going anywhere anytime soon. In fact, he is facing additional felony charges for reportedly trying to kill a fellow inmate. #The killer, police said, acted impulsively without any planning. He reportedly saw an opportunity and took it. Apparently, if what some police officers believe is true, it was a classic, yet rare, case of stranger abduction.

Read more at: http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/may/24/nevaeh-five-years-later-still-no-arrest/

Just sitting and thinking back to everyone that was so 'positive' it was the boyfriend...

or the mother or some other combination of known local hoodlums.

So, the #1 suspect is in prison on 'un-related' charges...   unless he has a life sentence with no chance of parole then SOMEDAY he's going to be getting out.  Then what ??? ??? ???

I know it's a tossup probably for LE and the prosecutor...

do you go trial on minimal evidence now or do you wait another 5-10-15-20 years and then go for a trial.  Witnesses die and memories fade.  Unless some kind of a 'smoking gun' pops up they may never have a better case than they have right now. 

I guess that's one reason I'm glad I'm not in law enforcement...   what a decision to make :( :( :(

nails

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 10:03:13 AM »

If they are sure they have the right guy, maybe just put the word out in his prison neighborhood, and let street justice prevail. Or does that only work on TV.

I've always heard that child molesters and child killers aren't well received by other inmates. Some criminals have ethics.

Just conversation . . . and maybe a little instigation . . . for your rumination.

Curmudgeon in training.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 09:35:30 AM »

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 09:37:34 AM »

Monroe News Photo Gallery of the memorial service at St. Mary's Park:

http://monroenews.smugmug.com/Nevaeh-Buchanan-5-Year/

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2014, 09:44:12 AM »

Such a sad happening here in town.

I'm still not buying the "we know who did it" line from LE, I think it's said as a "feel good" thing to lay on the community to ease the pain.  I don't think they have a clue who did it!
Support the local economy as much as possible!

NewDawn

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 11:31:20 AM »

The carpet fibers under her nails, still bothers me to this day. In my opinion, a person would have to be gripping,digging,clawing, etc. to have several fibers embedded.
The apartment upstairs where Nevaeh was just minutes before she disappeared, had carpet fibers removed for analysis. I read where she wet her pants (signs of sexual abuse) and went home to change clothes. Did she go back up there with her 8 yr. old friend Austin and his father Aaron? Just something about all of this bothers me.   >:(
everyday is a new beginning....

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 10:00:14 PM »

I can't imagine considering the number of LE agents who worked that case didn't go through every thread of possible evidence that leads were not followed up on.  There is/was just no evidence IMO.

As scary as it sounds, someone got away with the kidnap and murder of a small child in broad daylight and in a crowded area.

Deanna

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 07:53:42 PM »

Perhaps they should start at square one again?  New sheriff, old case, fresh take on it and an entirely new investigation?  Doesn't seem like Monroe solves any of their cold cases.  Then again, are they even trying with all of the other problems going on in the county.
I'd rather be by myself than in bad company

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 09:54:56 PM »

I agree.....let's bring back the FBI and all of the other state and federal agencies initially involved in the original detailed investigation and have it billed back to the taxpayers.

Perhaps they too will indicate that the smoke blown up the public's *** by our own county officials that we should comfortably rest because the prime suspect, although not charged in the crime, is tucked away with Kwame Kilpatrick and what should have been Luke Davis.

Maybe LZB will entertain us and fund the duplicate investigation since we forked up $50M to them.....just as a public entertainment service.

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 08:33:23 AM »

Law enforcement can only do so much.  Their job is not an easy one.  We don't know all the details, so it's easy to speculate.

I take some comfort in my personal belief that little Nevaeh is no longer in pain, and she is now surrounded with love, in Paradise.

I also believe that the person(s) that harmed her will suffer in a very special hell for all of eternity.

Paybacks are a bltch.
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

Greg Chamberlain

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 06:02:08 PM »

I also believe that the person(s) that harmed her will suffer in a very special hell for all of eternity.

It would be nice to be able to believe that, but with our inept law enforcement we will probably never see that happen.
"To preserve the freedom of the human mind then and freedom of the press, every spirit should be ready to devote itself to martyrdom; for as long as we may think as we will, and speak as we think, the condition of man will proceed in improvement." - Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up