MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > What are you thinking about right now?

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 150   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking about right now?  (Read 92449 times)

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking about right now?
« Reply #2070 on: March 15, 2017, 09:13:45 AM »

Sorry for your losses BRD.  It is hard losing parts of our families.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
« Reply #2071 on: March 15, 2017, 09:44:54 AM »

Sorry for your losses BRD.  It is hard losing parts of our families.

Thank you EM...

We've had countless dogs n' cats n' other critters over the years but these last few are ones I've had while I've had the wonderful opportunity to work from home so they have literally been with me 7-24 the last 11 years or so...   you get to know them a lot better!

I'll write something about the BRD once she passes but for now I'm just going and enjoy the time we have left :) :) :)
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2072 on: March 15, 2017, 09:48:19 AM »

Who put a bug up your rear?  No posts on this thread in 4 days, I decided to write something I thought was funny and true.  Go back to bed and wake up on the other side!!

No one.  True maybe, funny not at all.  Maybe to you, not to me.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2073 on: March 15, 2017, 09:50:25 AM »

Sorry to hear about your dogs.  I had to put my deceased wife's dog down a couple of weeks ago.  He was 10.   I think he may have had a stroke earlier in the year but recovered pretty well.  5 months ago the vet said his kidneys were basically nonfunctional and he might last 3-6 months.  I fed him special dog food that he recommended.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #2074 on: March 15, 2017, 09:51:59 AM »

Hey Pal (BRD).....good to hear from you, hang in there my friend.....tough days to follow as you well know.  Good luck.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

CatLady

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2075 on: March 15, 2017, 09:52:51 AM »

BRD, sorry about your losses.  Our pup has slowed way down and I have to acknowledge her time is limited.  It's a tough thing to accept.
I'm trying to like people but it's hard to get past the STUPID ones!

“I've never had a humble opinion in my life. If you're going to have one, why bother to be humble about it?”
Joan Baez

Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid.

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #2076 on: March 26, 2017, 12:09:19 AM »

Why is it so confusing that a traffic light that is out is a 4 way stop?

Or do some people just think their time is more important than others?

Because it's not a 4 way stop if there are no stop signs. Ask a Michigan State trooper.

MICHIGAN VEHICLE CODE (EXCERPT) Act 300 of 1949

257.649 Right-of-way; rules; violation as civil infraction. Sec. 649.
(1) The driver of a vehicle approaching an intersection shall yield the right of way to a vehicle which has entered the intersection from a different highway.
(2) When 2 vehicles enter an intersection from different highways at approximately the same time, the driver of the vehicle on the left shall yield the right of way to the vehicle on the right.
(3) The right of way rules declared in subsections (1) and (2) are modified at through highways and otherwise as stated in this chapter.

The State Trooper also said that if one street has several cars traveling through the intersection in the same direction, they all have right of way without stopping. The street with less traffic must yield.

Sounds dangerous but is supposed to speed up traffic flow.
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2077 on: March 26, 2017, 08:27:47 AM »

Because it's not a 4 way stop if there are no stop signs. Ask a Michigan State trooper.

MICHIGAN VEHICLE CODE (EXCERPT) Act 300 of 1949

257.649 Right-of-way; rules; violation as civil infraction. Sec. 649.
(1) The driver of a vehicle approaching an intersection shall yield the right of way to a vehicle which has entered the intersection from a different highway.
(2) When 2 vehicles enter an intersection from different highways at approximately the same time, the driver of the vehicle on the left shall yield the right of way to the vehicle on the right.
(3) The right of way rules declared in subsections (1) and (2) are modified at through highways and otherwise as stated in this chapter.

The State Trooper also said that if one street has several cars traveling through the intersection in the same direction, they all have right of way without stopping. The street with less traffic must yield.

Sounds dangerous but is supposed to speed up traffic flow.

Not sure about you Tiny, but I would interpret this section as if there are 3 other cars at the intersection when you get to it - you had better stop.

Of course you could enter it without stopping and HOPE everyone agrees you were on the RIGHT.....

(4) The driver of a vehicle approaching a yield sign, in obedience to the sign, shall slow down to a speed reasonable for the existing conditions and shall yield the right of way to a vehicle in the intersection or approaching on another highway so closely as to constitute an immediate hazard during the time the driver would be moving across or within the intersection. However, if required for safety to stop, the driver shall stop before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection or, if there is not a crosswalk, at a clearly marked stop line; but if there is not a crosswalk or a clearly marked stop line, then at the point nearest the intersecting roadway where the driver has a view of approaching traffic on the intersecting roadway.

Of course - a stop light that is out isn't really a yield sign - is it?  But I guess if other cars are already AT the intersection - from all directions - you would kind of think maybe you SHOULD yield?

I am guessing most State Boys would agree with me on this - but I can go ask my neighbor if you want me to?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2078 on: March 26, 2017, 08:49:35 AM »

I haven't been liking the Monroe Evening News lately.  Can't they say anything nice about our president or his family?  It's like the paper has new owners or something . . . . .  :P

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2079 on: March 26, 2017, 09:04:23 AM »

Is it the Monroe Evening Snooze or the AP?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #2080 on: March 26, 2017, 09:26:28 AM »

I haven't been liking the Monroe Evening News lately.  Can't they say anything nice about our president or his family?  It's like the paper has new owners or something . . . . .  :P

Please allow me to remove my tin foil hat and answer that at the risk of being nicknamed LessGovernment.

Trump and most members of the Republican party stand in the way of the illuminate that wants a New World Order of which financial magnets and media owners are part of.  If they could make him disappear like Vince Foster and get away with it, he'd be gone.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2081 on: March 26, 2017, 09:43:46 AM »

LOL Fuzz - is that a "Left" or a "Right" position you are espousing?

Never thought I would live long enough where being called a "Nationalist" would be considered a put down by some, but here we are!

Not sure what is wrong with wanting what is best for MY country?

Makes me selfish?

On a more positive note it is GREAT to have F1 back and running.  Love the new cars.  Much more competitive.  It will give me something besides work and Trump to talk about to my Mexican friends next week!

;D
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2082 on: March 26, 2017, 10:45:16 AM »

I do think the vast majority of drivers think that an intersection controlled by signals without stop signs  becomes a 4-way stop.  So lets just go with that.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #2083 on: March 26, 2017, 10:59:26 AM »

LOL Fuzz - is that a "Left" or a "Right" position you are espousing?

Never thought I would live long enough where being called a "Nationalist" would be considered a put down by some, but here we are!

Not sure what is wrong with wanting what is best for MY country?

Makes me selfish?

LOL......just call me a paranoid moderate leaning left on some issues and right on others.  Bottom line I care about people less fortunate, and living within ones means.  We have a government that does neither.  I've become more isolationist as I aged and want to see my tax dollars spent wisely and with compassion where required right here at home.

We have a great country and think I am qualified to make that assessment based on my travels and experiences over the years.  We just have lived in the last 30 years or so as a with a dysfunctionalfuckedup bureaucratic government.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2084 on: March 26, 2017, 11:12:24 AM »

I totally agree with you Fuzz.

The thing is - we seem to be going away from what made us great, and that makes me very sad for future generations.

How about that Red Car?  Nice to see someone else win for a change!
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 150   Go Up