MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Heroin Problem in Monroe!?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: Heroin Problem in Monroe!?  (Read 43381 times)

overDoseMonroe

• New Talker
Heroin Problem in Monroe!?
« on: October 01, 2009, 03:52:12 PM »

The past few years it seems like drugs have gotten really bad in Monroe.  It has really been brought to my attention since 7 people I went to school with have overdosed on Heroin (among other opiates) within the past year and a half of so...It gets even worse, 2 brothers died within 2 months of each other.  The same night that the second brother died, another guy died...completely separate incidences!... than a couple days after, another dies...Why are drugs overtaking so many lives?...Has Monroe shed the light to the people on this potentially HUGE problem?

R.I.P.
James Turner
Jake Zubkoff
Justin U'ran
Jake U'ran
Wade Medley
Tom Terassi

*Edited by Administration:  Name removed of an individual that did not die at families request.   
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 10:26:01 AM by Administration »

General Buster

• Hero Talker
  • EAT BBQ!!!
    • J's Smokehouse
Re: Heroin Problem in Monroe!?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 06:25:24 PM »

i knew most of them.

jake was actually my neighbor.

tom and i used to be friends, i didn't hear anything about him dying. (if he did, when was that?)

there was a rumor that he died a few years ago, but he just skipped town for a while.

i seen him not that long ago.
jsmokehouse.com

violet829

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 07:11:02 PM »

I remember seeing the U'ran brothers obituaries and wondered what happened to them.  (Didn't know them - the names just caught my attention because of the unusual last name.)

Not knowing them, I had presumed that perhaps the 2nd brother took his own life out of grief.  I guess that wasn't the case.  (Well, unless he was self-medicating that grief, I suppose.)

How horrible for the family to lose 2 sons in such a short period of time, regardless of their cause of death.  That must be nearly impossible to cope with.

Baby Hitler

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 07:24:42 PM »

I talked with Justin at his house 3 days before it happened. His mom is one of my computer customers and I was over fixing their computer.

I went over again recently to fix some problems they were having and found a letter from his brother, who also O.D'ed who had wrote the letter to his deceased brother.

Very sad.

violet829

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 07:27:49 PM »

I talked with Justin at his house 3 days before it happened. His mom is one of my computer customers and I was over fixing their computer.

I went over again recently to fix some problems they were having and found a letter from his brother, who also O.D'ed who had wrote the letter to his deceased brother.

Very sad.

That's so sad.  As I said, I didn't know them.  But as a mom, the notion of losing even just one child would be heartbreaking.  And then 2 in such a short time?  Wow...I can only imagine the immense grief the family must be experiencing.

nightlightsarecool

• Elite Talker
    • The.Cynical.Critic
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 01:47:55 AM »

This just in: Drugs Kill...

knew at least one of these dudes, and might know a few more to make the list-hopefully not.  :P

Billy

• Hero Talker
  • Don't let the smooth taste fool ya!
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 08:56:20 AM »

We had talked about this a little bit before.

http://monroetalks.com/forum/index.php?topic=15224.0

No matter though it is an unfortunate situation that is becoming more and more common in our town.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 10:36:49 AM »

A man overdosed on heroin while inside the Dorsch Memorial Branch Library Wednesday afternoon. Monroe police went to the library at 18 E. First St. around 1:30 and found the man semi- conscious on the bathroom floor. The suspect, a 39-year-old Newport resident, suffered a small cut on his forehead. Reports said paramedics administered Narcan and the man immediately regained consciousness. He admitted to police that he ingested heroin. He was taken to Mercy Memorial Hospital.

Read more at: http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/sep/07/man-overdoses-heroin-dorsch-library/

I hope he was treated and released to Jail... 

Coddling these addicts only encourages them to continue.

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 04:30:18 PM »

Reading books at the library must be too boring without a little smack.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 12:29:50 AM »

Read this today:

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/sep/07/monroes-heroin-epidemic-even-has-newborns-its-grip/

Should have read 26 parents in jail for child abuse... last year,
6 this year

And they don't want to involve "authorities"?
I thought child abuse was a mandatory issue to report!
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

NewDawn

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 07:50:12 AM »

Should have read 26 parents in jail for child abuse... last year,
6 this year

And they don't want to involve "authorities"?
I thought child abuse was a mandatory issue to report!

Professor...the hospitals and doctors report their findings to Children Protective Services. It is up to CPS to follow through with the moms and babies.

Several months ago, an eighteen year old mom had THC in her system and so did her newborn. CPS followed up two times at home. They did a DNA swab each time and looked around the house to make sure the baby had formula and a bed to sleep in. That was it. It is pretty much the same with heroin moms.
everyday is a new beginning....

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 08:49:31 AM »

Nice to know that CPS's has no real authority to protect unborn children - and only looks for basic care after...    Sad for the children  :'(

Maybe their should be a law against Heroin use  8*
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2014, 08:54:29 AM »

Growing up in an orphanage would be better than living in some of these family "homes" some kids have to live in today.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30   Go Up