MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Heroin Problem in Monroe!?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: Heroin Problem in Monroe!?  (Read 44818 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Heroin Problem in Monroe!?
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2014, 09:41:04 AM »

Nice to know that CPS's has no real authority to protect unborn children - and only looks for basic care after...    Sad for the children  :'(

Maybe their should be a law against Heroin use  8*

So you 'are in favor' of more and bigger government in our lives ??? ??? ???
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2014, 09:45:56 AM »

Nice to know that CPS's has no real authority to protect unborn children - and only looks for basic care after...    Sad for the children  :'(

Maybe their should be a law against Heroin use  8*

Maybe MANTIS could actually work on the Heroin problem even though heroin users and dealers don't have anything that they can confiscate.
Marijuana growers, whether legal growers or illegal growers have assets that can be confiscated ( stolen ). That's why MANTIS constantly harasses growers.

MANTIS still has Luke Davis syndrome.

When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 10:02:40 AM »

Don't these people know heroin will kill them?
Well then how are we going to help them.
There have issues.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 12:51:43 PM »

Maybe MANTIS could actually work on the Heroin problem even though heroin users and dealers don't have anything that they can confiscate.
Marijuana growers, whether legal growers or illegal growers have assets that can be confiscated ( stolen ). That's why MANTIS constantly harasses growers.

Thats really nice....

In other words....  Preying MANTIS ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 02:51:30 PM »

So you 'are in favor' of more and bigger government in our lives ??? ??? ???
When it comes to protecting CHILDREN.... from drug addicts - yes.
Apparently "family" units have broken down in those poor unborn children's lives. 

Ever known a drug addict that cared more about their kids than their next fix?
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 02:56:58 PM »

Agree'd
and the funny/sad thing is LE resources go in that direction because they still think Marijuana is "addictive"...     
While the medical profession has approved its use because it's NOT!

Addicts from Heroin, crack, pain killers...   are the ones causing crime and damage to their families - and neighbors.
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2014, 02:30:15 AM »

Opium production, addiction booming in Afghanistan

The opium industry in Afghanistan is booming in part due to the ongoing military drawdown. Since 2002, the US has invested $7.5 billion to fight the industry. Despite this, the country now supplies three-fourths of the world's illicit opium products and its share is growing. The number of regular drug users in Afghanistan has also increased to 7.5 percent of the population.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ep0slaxwFM
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2014, 08:46:59 AM »

Stealing to support drug habit - should get no plea bargains unless they testify against their supplier/dealer

In the murder case - the attorney is trying to say that supplying drugs isn't dealing?   What is it then?

===============================================

A Monroe man was arrested for stealing 14 DVDs from Meijer in Frenchtown Township on Wednesday night. The value of the DVDs was $433 and the man, 26, later planned to sell them and buy heroin with the money, according to Monroe County Sheriff ’s Office reports. Deputies caught up with the man on Telegraph Rd. and arrested him. He was lodged in the Monroe County Jail.

Read more at: http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/nov/14/man-steals-dvds-monroe-meijer-heroin-fix/

On Thursday, Monroe County Circuit Judge Daniel S. White sentenced Ms. Shinaver, 26, to serve 4 to 15 years in prison for her role in his death. The Temperance resident, who had pleaded guilty to three felonies, including manslaughter, possession of heroin and possession of cocaine, asked for forgiveness. “ There are no words that can begin to describe how sorry I am,” Ms. Shinaver said before her sentence was handed down. “I take full responsibility.” Her attorney, Sajid A. Khan, told the judge that laws need to be changed to target specifically drug dealers instead of people like his client. Ms. Shinaver, he said, is a good person with a severe heroin addiction, and has been in and out of treatment up to 14 different times. Mr. Khan said although Ms. Shinaver was convicted of manslaughter for supplying the heroin on the night Mr. Coch died, she is not a drug dealer. He said he fears that the next time someone overdoses, the other person in the room might be afraid to call for help in fear of facing possible criminal charges.

Read more at: http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/nov/08/bedford-woman-gets-four-years-heroin-death/
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2014, 09:01:59 PM »

Was anyone "shocked" to learn the ATM robber was a homeless Heroin addict?

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/nov/21/atm-customer-robbed/?top-stories
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2014, 06:37:55 AM »

Was anyone "shocked" to learn the ATM robber was a homeless Heroin addict?

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/nov/21/atm-customer-robbed/?top-stories

Not at all...

however I was a little surprised that the robber had been hanging around the ATM and asking people for handouts.  It does seem like the bank must have some kind of surveillance on their ATM and it seems most likely someone there should have known the guy was lurking there!
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2014, 09:39:21 AM »

I won't use an ATM in places that people can lurk around in the first place... 
Most surveillance is unmonitored - but stored, and probably how they ID'd the person.

I'm sure a slap on the wrist will happen because after all it was only Heroin...    meanwhile Marijuana users face harsher punishments
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2014, 10:51:35 AM »

I don't have any heroin to dispose of but I do have a bag full of unneeded prescription Meds to get rid of.
I though it would be easy finding a site by searching internet. But I come up empty.
Does anyone know of somewhere?

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2014, 11:09:07 AM »

I don't have any heroin to dispose of but I do have a bag full of unneeded prescription Meds to get rid of.
I though it would be easy finding a site by searching internet. But I come up empty.

I believe any staffed police station is supposed to have a disposal bin.  I know for a fact there is one in the Monroe City Police station because I take our stuff there about once a year.  I'll see if I can find a link on the county website.  Maybe try calling the Bedford sheriff sub station.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2014, 11:13:21 AM »

City of Monroe Police Department, 100 E. Second St. (243-7500). Monroe post of the Michigan State Police, 300 Jones Ave. (242-3500). Monroe County Sheriff’s Office Bedford Township Substation, township hall, 8100 Jackman Rd., Temperance. (847-6146). Village of Dundee Police Department, 350 W. Monroe St., Dundee (529-3430). Village of Carleton Police Department, 1143 Monroe St., Carleton (654-6717). Erie Township Police Department, 2065 Erie Rd., Erie (848-4082). Residents are encouraged to call their nearest location for hours of operation, she said.

From: http://www.monroenews.com/news/2013/mar/01/red-med-boxes-place-medication-drop-offs/

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2014, 11:29:49 AM »

Thanks.  I though I had heard of a new program but couldn't come up with it.  I didn't think of searching the Monroe News.  I just looked at various government web sites in Monroe county.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30   Go Up