MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Nope, no climate change here folks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 122   Go Down

Author Topic: Nope, no climate change here folks.  (Read 97173 times)

Baby Hitler

Nope, no climate change here folks.
« on: July 04, 2012, 08:52:00 PM »

Was over 100 degrees here today.

And going to be over 100 the next few days.

This is certainly not climate change. 8*

blue2

• Hero Talker
Re: Nope, no climate change here folks.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 09:36:18 PM »

I'm not ready to buy into the theory until we get a few years of it.  It's all cyclical.

Baby Hitler

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 12:41:10 AM »

I'm not ready to buy into the theory until we get a few years of it.  It's all cyclical.
How's this?

Baby Hitler

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 12:42:16 AM »

or that?

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 03:06:58 AM »

So let us see.... the MORE INFORMED we get about global warming, and the MORE FIXES we put into place, and the MORE LEGISLATION we pass, and the MORE EDUCATED we get, and the MORE REPORTING stations we put in place and the MORE TECHNOLOGY we use to study the matter IS ONLY MAKING THINGS WORSE?

The harder we try, and the more positive steps we take, and still no positive results?  Could it be the science is ALL WRONG and we are in a cycle (just as your graph suggests)?  Don't you think it is curious that the more we learn, try and act on global warming that we only make the problem worse?

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 03:07:51 AM »

BTW... it is summer.  Will you be singing the same tune if we are buried under 3 feet of snow in January?  Probably not.

Baby Hitler

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 04:11:44 AM »

So let us see.... the MORE INFORMED we get about global warming, and the MORE FIXES we put into place,
Please inform me about those fixes that have been put in place. I haven't heard of any yet.

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 05:50:32 AM »

Really? None?  I will leave you to think about that all day.

If you think there have been no "pro environment" changes in the way we live our normal day to day lives you may be living in a cave.  Ever hear of CAFE standards?  That is a great jumping off point.

Forsythia

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 07:46:05 AM »

The problem is JBS, we're still emitting a ton of greehouse gasses.  The small fixes we put into place will have no impact unless we drastically cut down on fossil fuel consumption immediately.  I'm posting from my phone or else I would provide links to show that we are not doing enough to fix this problem.
For those who have problems with my posts, please feel free to fill out the form at the link below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGF4UVJ5UmpZLUhzX0dMNEotSEljTXc6MQ

Ignorance is only blissful for the ignorant.  The rest of us have to put up with you idiots.

"Prayer is nothing more than bargain basement anger." A. LaVey

"A christian telling an atheist he is going to hell is about as scary as a small child telling an adult they won't get any presents from santa." - R. Gervais

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 08:12:40 AM »

We only have data for our small portion of visiting this planet and having technology to measure.   Cyclical can mean there are changes that occur over hundreds or thousands of years, and also may be affected by the Sun and other planetary influences as we rotate through space.

Does pollution cause problems - probably yes, and while we have started to control it over years - other countries are doing more (China) pollution that we have no control over.     It's like recycling - a nice thing to do for the environment, and being a good neighbor.  Does that mean we really affect the environment in that grand a manner?  Scientist on all sides are attempting to explain:

Here's an interesting view on influences on the temperate climate changes.   

By Nick Anthony Fiorenza
ICECAP, June 3, 2011

Planetary warming has also been observed on Mars, Jupiter, Pluto, and on Neptune’s largest moon Triton during the decades following the peak of the “Solar Grand Maximum” – wonder why – there are no humans there! And Pluto is moving further from the sun in its orbit, thus it should be cooling, but instead it is warming. This is but one blatant indicator that suggests that the climate change on Earth is due to solar changes and our intersellar environment rather than mere human antics.

More importantly, the Sun is now changing from its Solar Grand Maximum to its Solar Grand Minimum. The Earth heats up after a Solar Grand Maximum, lagging a bit after the peak. With a Solar Grand Minimum now on its way, a “global cooling” may be on the horizon–a natural oscillation occurring in much longer solar cycles.

Latest science reveals that sharp increases in global warming “precede” sharp increases in CO2–not the other way around. Global warming causes more CO2 to be released form the oceans. Current research also shows that Earth’s oceans are now beginning to cool. It is also now clear that temperatures over the last century correlate far better with cycles in oceans than they do with carbon dioxide; and, the temperature cycles in oceans are caused by cycles of the sun.

Let the AGW (Anthropogenic Global Warming) advocates, as well as the media, continue to ignore all of this, perpetuating fear and advocating spending billions of dollars on non-solutions. Although humans contribute to greenhouse gases, the overall effect is a tiny fraction compared to natural causes. To say humans are the cause of global warming; and to also make predictions that global warming will continue to increase is simply inaccurate. This is not to ignore the silver lining of the global warming scare, as humanity must certainly learn to participate in harmony with nature, with the breath of the Earth and with her land and oceans; and with the cycles of the Sun, Moon, planets, and stars.

http://anhonestclimatedebate.wordpress.com/2011/06/05/solar-cycles-cause-global-warming-cooling/
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 12:38:30 PM »

"Climate scientists suggest that if you want a glimpse of some of the worst of global warming, take a look at U.S. weather in recent weeks. Horrendous wildfires. Oppressive heat waves. Devastating droughts. Flooding from giant deluges. And a powerful freak wind storm called a derecho. These are the kinds of extremes experts have predicted will come with climate change, although it's far too early to say that is the cause. Nor will they say global warming is the reason 3,215 daily high temperature records were set in the month of June...".

Heat Waves, Wildfires, & Global Warming
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 01:50:36 PM »

The US is in the grip of the hottest summer on record, which fueled the storm that hammered seven states last weekend. Ed Schultz talks to Eugene Robinson, MSNBC Political Analyst, and Associate Editor And Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist for the Washington Post about why politicians still deny climate change exists.

The ED Show - This is what global warming looks like
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 02:56:45 PM »

The problem is JBS, we're still emitting a ton of greehouse gasses.  The small fixes we put into place will have no impact unless we drastically cut down on fossil fuel consumption immediately.  I'm posting from my phone or else I would provide links to show that we are not doing enough to fix this problem.

Well since people will stand and point one finger at you and say we are killing the planet and then turn around and point the other finger at you saying you are not allowed to efficiently produce the alternatives... I see no point in really arguing this point, do you?

Too many Al Gore types in this world... the do as I say not as I do crowd.

We have the technology... too much money and politics stands in the way.  However I still feel since we really have no good handle on what the numbers really were 100 years ago (lack of technology, and minimum amount of reporting stations) I see a cycle.  Just like with hurricanes... we have NO WAY of knowing how many tropical cyclones there were in the 1800's or even the first portion of the 1900's.  Same with tornado activity... there is NO WAY of knowing how many thousands of tornadoes affected rural areas years ago.  More people live near the coastlines now, damage and human loss is going to inherently be greater, in some years past we didn't know about a hurricane until it hit something (land or a boat).  Why do we have more tornadoes now?  Every inch of our Nation is covered by Doppler radar.  This is why global warming is junk science... for every argument that can be made, there is a viable alternate argument that cannot be debunked, thus the global warming crowd with all its reporting and fancy graphs has proven NOTHING, only supplied a hypothesis based on a highly limited amount of data, based on a baseline group of statistics that THEY HAVE SET for their research purposes.

Do I see a pattern?  Yes... patterns of a cycle.

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 03:03:04 PM »

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/misc/AbtDerechos/derechofacts.htm#otherderechos

Derechos have been occuring for years... and again... no way to effectively document them since we didn't have the tecchnology until recently.

Baby Hitler

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 03:06:00 PM »

Well since people will stand and point one finger at you and say we are killing the planet and then turn around and point the other finger at you saying you are not allowed to efficiently produce the alternatives... I see no point in really arguing this point, do you?

Too many Al Gore types in this world... the do as I say not as I do crowd.

We have the technology... too much money and politics stands in the way.  However I still feel since we really have no good handle on what the numbers really were 100 years ago (lack of technology, and minimum amount of reporting stations) I see a cycle.  Just like with hurricanes... we have NO WAY of knowing how many tropical cyclones there were in the 1800's or even the first portion of the 1900's.  Same with tornado activity... there is NO WAY of knowing how many thousands of tornadoes affected rural areas years ago.  More people live near the coastlines now, damage and human loss is going to inherently be greater, in some years past we didn't know about a hurricane until it hit something (land or a boat).  Why do we have more tornadoes now?  Every inch of our Nation is covered by Doppler radar.  This is why global warming is junk science... for every argument that can be made, there is a viable alternate argument that cannot be debunked, thus the global warming crowd with all its reporting and fancy graphs has proven NOTHING, only supplied a hypothesis based on a highly limited amount of data, based on a baseline group of statistics that THEY HAVE SET for their research purposes.

Do I see a pattern?  Yes... patterns of a cycle.
It's great when no matter how much data is presented to you, and how many ways it's presented, that you can still deny what is happening all around you and all around the globe.

A pattern? Yep, a pattern of denial.

Melting glacial ice caps, the melting of both the poles, lakes and rivers that have flowed for thousands of years drying up.

Sticking your head in the sand may be one way of getting out of the sun, but you're gonna get your butt burned.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 122   Go Up