MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Pets > Our Pets, Miscellaneous

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Our Pets, Miscellaneous  (Read 743 times)

Skittelroo

• Hero Talker
Our Pets, Miscellaneous
« on: January 24, 2013, 07:55:42 AM »

It has been so cold these past few days that I decided our fox-terrier needed to wear boots to be outside for even a few minutes (she comes in too often limping from frozen toes).  It is a good thing she is patient, since it takes mr quite a long time to put them on----and her clomping about the first few times was hilarious!

« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 08:07:55 AM by Skittelroo »

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Our Pets, Miscellaneous
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 08:10:01 AM »

It has been so cold these past few days that I decided our fox-terrier needed to wear boots to be outside for even a few minutes (she comes in too often limping from frozen toes).  It is a good thing she is patient, since it takes mr quite a long time to put them on----and her clomping about the first few times was hilarious!

When the big red dog was a large puppy our son bought her a set of the ones that have a couple of velcro bands to hold them on her feet...   and she absolutely hated wearing them.  She was the same way clomping around...  it was hilarious...  she'd raise her feet way up in the air every step she took...  trying to step out of them I think :o :o :o  On just he 2nd or 3rd day she had them she managed to lose one out in the snow (back when we actually had enough snow to lose something in) and we didn't find it until spring.  At some point later on that winter she somehow split the bottom of one of the pads on her feet and we had it wrapped so we would put one of the boots on her when she went outside.  She didn't seem to mind only having one on so bad. 

She has insulated hair better than the other dogs do.  When I let the dogs out yesterday both the boys wanted back inside after just a few minutes but she was no where to be seen.  I went back to the back door about 10 minutes later and she was just laying there looking at me.  She wasn't to happy when I made her get up and come inside.  She was happy just to be away from all the other critters for a few minutes I think.
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Skittelroo

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 09:07:15 AM »

Our littlest gal has very little protection on her tiny feet, but she is stubborn and wants to be outside.   You described perfectly the way she picks up a foot and looks at it, clomps it down, and inspects another.   Wobbly weeble until she got used to the boots, and "mama" has to make sure she gets her foot down flat in them or she has to tippy-toe about.

At least she is good for a laugh or two daily!!!   :o

pam

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 01:48:26 PM »

I don't think my Montgomery (a lab mix) would tolerate any type of shoes or boots. I once tried to get him dressed up as a sheriff for Halloween and he was mad at me for days. Hubby said I was being ridiculous, but I swear that every time I looked Montgomery, he was cursing me for the silly outfit.

Lately he's been very clingy...I don't know if it's because he's getting old (he'll be 9 in March) or the cold weather, but he seems to think that at 70 lbs, he's the perfect size to be a lap dog.
Pages: [1]   Go Up