MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > The Boot is on....

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Boot is on....  (Read 1344 times)

indy99

• New Talker
The Boot is on....
« on: January 11, 2015, 09:50:37 AM »

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2015/jan/10/vehicle-booted-city-monroe/

The MEN must be in a sorry state if they have to make this a news article.  A parking boot??? Really????

Maybe that newsworthy item will be a contender for a Pulitzer Prize.

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
Re: The Boot is on....
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 10:00:15 AM »

I was thinking the same thing!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 10:00:51 AM »

Perhaps the real intent is to use the boot on folks coming in from out of town to buy heroine at Monroe's Finest Heroine Distribution homes.  A new tactic perhaps?
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Billy

• Hero Talker
  • Don't let the smooth taste fool ya!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 10:20:13 AM »

I thought the same thing. Who cares?

What a huge victory for law enforcement. They busted someone that owes the city $400 bucks in parking tickets. We can all sleep a little safer.

Smoke and mirrors. 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 10:48:50 AM »

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Mayonnaise

• Hero Talker
    • Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 11:05:38 AM »

I was thinking it must be a slow news day.
Then I remembered that the newspaper usually reprints old stories from 50 to 100 years or so. We think its kind of interesting that so and so's cow wandered into a garden and caused $3.00 in damages plus unknown cost to repair fence.
Maybe in time, this will be reprinted and people will still say "WTH??" ;);D
Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History
http://monroelosthistory.wordpress.com/

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 11:09:12 AM »

The CITY should be further embarrassed for this poor leadership demonstration on how to ignore and avoid the real threat to the CITY and surrounding area.  Council chambers should be packed with screaming citizens to persuade them to fix the heroine problem, and fix it now!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 11:26:24 AM »

For every action...

there is an 'opposing' action!!!

I'm thinking if a driver just left their vehicle sitting a few days one of the local scrappers will probably figure out how to removed it ;) ;) ;)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7A9WseN8uI

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 11:59:05 AM »

I'm not sure about that, BRD.  The CITY has pretty high priority on this issue and it's not as though they are concentrating on making heroine use and distribution arrests that would distract them from Boot Stealers.   ;)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 12:15:50 PM »

I'm not sure about that, BRD.  The CITY has pretty high priority on this issue and it's not as though they are concentrating on making heroine use and distribution arrests that would distract them from Boot Stealers.   ;)

All they have to do is wait until there is a fire when they know all the PSO police are busy jumping into bunker pants and they have an easy 2 hour window to operate in ;) ;) ;)

Ghost Writer

• Elite Talker
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 12:27:13 PM »

I'll play Devil's Advocate. Maybe The News printed it as a warning that the city is cracking down on habitual parking offenders to give people a chance to pay up before finding their car booted? I agree that the front page is a little too much, but a community newspaper is supposed to report what's happening in the community.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 12:36:37 PM »

I'll play Devil's Advocate. Maybe The News printed it as a warning that the city is cracking down on habitual parking offenders to give people a chance to pay up before finding their car booted? I agree that the front page is a little too much, but a community newspaper is supposed to report what's happening in the community.

Then perhaps in the future we can expect to see them post a list (or better even a map) of where it has been used and a list of the amounts of the fines recovered!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2015, 01:43:13 PM »

LOL, you're right Ghost Writer, that could very well be the case but then again I see The News as failing in that they are not at CITY Council meetings asking the tougher questions that an investigative local paper should be doing. 

The heroine problem inside the CITY limits is the head of the snake that needs to be cut off and I see "fails" on the part of the CITY to not publically address what they are doing about the issue, and the MEN for not being HOT on the story and actions being taken to fix/improve the biggest issue the community has in front of it.  We are becoming a Benton Harbor....wake up community.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2015, 02:17:03 PM »

I thought the same thing. Who cares?

What a huge victory for law enforcement. They busted someone that owes the city $400 bucks in parking tickets. We can all sleep a little safer.

Smoke and mirrors. 
Hey parking enforcement and traffic citations are a highlight of their "budget presentation" ... 

it's the look at what we want you to see... 
instead of I wonder what we should be doing about heroin and crime?

Sad thing is the politicians all bought into it 8*
I guess Adrian doesn't have a Heroin Problem so we don't have an answer from the top  8*
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2015, 02:37:07 PM »

Sad thing is the politicians all bought into it 8*
I guess Adrian doesn't have a Heroin Problem so we don't have an answer from the top  8*

In all fairness though......wouldn't that be the responsibility of the Chief or Department Head to first off report the problem, then 2 provide a corrective action plan, then 3 that person report out implementation and effectiveness on a regular basis.  BUT.....the City Manager should be kicking someineptass about right now!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up