MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > The Boot is on....

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Boot is on....  (Read 3148 times)

indy99

• New Talker
Re: The Boot is on....
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2015, 02:40:35 PM »

If MEN would like to know why their readership and sales (both copy and advertising) are in the toilet it's because of bland writing, non-informative articles(parking boot), and a shrinking news format.

Who wants to advertise or read a paper that is in idle mode. If you are not in drive get out of the way.  My prediction is 5-6 years tops before they fold.  By then most of the older generation can't see and the younger generation will be fully electronically connected.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2015, 02:50:52 PM »

In all fairness though......wouldn't that be the responsibility of the Chief or Department Head to first off report the problem, then 2 provide a corrective action plan, then 3 that person report out implementation and effectiveness on a regular basis.  BUT.....the City Manager should be kicking someineptass about right now!

I'm guessing that citizens are not contacting their elected officials about any of the issues... 

Thus the politicians (elected officials) only know what the City Manager wants them to know... 
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

indy99

• New Talker
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2015, 03:29:01 PM »

Monroe will do something about the problem when someone od's in the City offices building.

It takes an in your face event to get anything done. I think they feel that the drug problem has not reached an epidemic status yet.

McDonalds od...eh.., shooting up in a donut shop.... small potato's, od on a sidewalk...just move it off to the side,  OD at the City offices...OH carp it's happening here we need to do something(ringing their hands).

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2015, 04:11:20 PM »

I'm guessing that citizens are not contacting their elected officials about any of the issues... 

Thus the politicians (elected officials) only know what the City Manager wants them to know... 

Then that is sad and perhaps surrounding township citizens should be voicing their opposition to the CITY for allowing their filth and issues filter into the townships.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 04:24:38 PM by The Fuzz »
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2015, 05:21:34 PM »

Drugs are all over..jails are full.  How do locals stop people From buying/selling drugs.  The government could by eliminating them at the source but they won't do that.  1

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2015, 05:44:50 PM »

Drugs are all over..jails are full.  How do locals stop people From buying/selling drugs.  The government could by eliminating them at the source but they won't do that.  1
We could start by a pardon of all marijuana offenses...

except that and alcohol crimes are the ones that "Pay" for the system 

No money in Heroin prosecution or law enforcement efforts (at least I thought I heard Luke Davis saying that...)
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2017, 11:11:19 AM »

Is 'the boot' still around?

I've never seen it applied to any vehicle and there haven't been any more articles in the MonroeNews about it either!
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up