MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Monroe County Crimes in the News this Morning

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50   Go Down

Author Topic: Monroe County Crimes in the News this Morning  (Read 47559 times)

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
Monroe County Crimes in the News this Morning
« on: January 17, 2015, 09:40:27 AM »

Why not a specific thread to news about crimes in the county be it drug related or not.

Since the MEN and local LE position is that it is on the decline, and almost praise and act as though it is acceptable or discount data sources, let's capture it in a thread for all to see.

Here is a good one......the dude has been breaking into cars, stealing credit cards, and using them before the owners call in to cancel them.  The larcenies have been going on since November and now being reported in January. 

If the crime rate is on the decline then why would it take this long to hit the news wire?  Should be plenty of LE with nothing to do if the crime rate is falling unless cutbacks are occurring as crime is declining.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2015/jan/16/monroe-detectives-seek-credit-card-thief/
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
Re: Monroe County Crimes in the News this Morning
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 09:48:31 AM »

I'd like to know where that face level camera is located. My wife thinks that brick wall with the stuff hanging on it is located in Meijer. But maybe it was just that somebody knew the perp was up to no good so they snapped a pic.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 10:09:31 AM »

I tried to figure that out too, and after going back and looking at it again it appears that if the store had it mounted that it would be in the exit door frame.  I can't tell if that is Meijer's or not.....kind of looks like it.

Billy

• Hero Talker
  • Don't let the smooth taste fool ya!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 05:57:26 PM »

I agree with the two of you I certainly believe that is the entrance to Meijer.

Fuzz I think this is an excellent idea. I nearly started a thread myself.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 11:17:29 PM »

And another one should track those that have been solved   ;)
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 08:14:52 AM »

I'd like to know where that face level camera is located. My wife thinks that brick wall with the stuff hanging on it is located in Meijer. But maybe it was just that somebody knew the perp was up to no good so they snapped a pic.

I tried to figure that out too, and after going back and looking at it again it appears that if the store had it mounted that it would be in the exit door frame.  I can't tell if that is Meijer's or not.....kind of looks like it.

Eye level camera is much better at helping determine height and weight...   ceiling cameras tend to 'distort' a person's features!

http://www.stanleyaccesstechnologies.com/index.asp?Mode=jambcam

http://www.stanleyaccesstechnologies.com/index.asp?Mode=jambcam
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 08:43:52 AM »

I agree with the two of you I certainly believe that is the entrance to Meijer.

Fuzz I think this is an excellent idea. I nearly started a thread myself.

I think we may end up being shocked by it Billy.  There IS a problem here, and although it may be being addressed it appears to be inept/ineffective by local LE.

And another one should track those that have been solved   ;)

It would be a short lived thread based on the success rate I see, or should say don't see.

Our local leaders at all levels (County, City, and Townships) need to be developing a plan to address and control what appears to me to be crime rate increases......although it appears the MEN and others want to give the message that crime is on the down slope.  Sorry, I'm just not seeing it.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 09:20:30 AM »

I think we may end up being shocked by it Billy.  There IS a problem here, and although it may be being addressed it appears to be inept/ineffective by local LE.

Fuzz,

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they are competent, but overwhelmed until I get data that contradicts that.

I am making the assumption they are out there doing their job with all resources available, and deploying them in the way they believe will have the best effectiveness for the community.

Ineffective?  It is pretty hard to contradict that.

It would be nice to have a running list of crimes REPORTED and SOLVED. 

I do wonder what their batting average is.  Would it keep them in the Major Leagues - or would they be playing in the D beer league?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 09:53:25 AM »

Well.....we know their batting average on the major crimes.  No arrest made on car bombing or missing or murdered girls in the community. 

I can't remember which thread it was, but I believe it was Mav who posted the number of resources per LE agency for area and it seemed to me to be adequately staffed.......I'm thinking it was 10 or so "dedicated" officers, and headed up by the County Sheriff Department.  That is the group I am targeting as being an obvious failure (and included one time local superstars such as Luke Davis).

Damn it, Mav......what were those numbers again?  MN, that will give you the stats you need.....this isn't that big of a county or over populated.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2015, 10:12:54 AM »

I hear you.....

I just am hesitant to go to the conclusion that an organization is incompetent.

Our Prosecutor has always seemed like a very professional, competent likable guy every time I've had dealings with him.  Law enforcement - I am happy to say - I have not had many dealings with outside of the occasional traffic mishap, but the officers I've met from the City, Sheriff, and State are good guys who are doing a job.  Our Courts - well - I don't want to get you going on them (Luke Davis).   I hope all the people who work in law enforcement and Justice want this problem to be resolved, and they know how to do it, and if they don't they know where to go to find out what to do. 

The thing I learned as a kid when I was out to cause mischief is it wasn't all that hard to avoid the police with a little planning.  Heck - they can't be everywhere at once - there just aren't enough of them.  I am sure that plays into the hands of some guy that wants to knock off a gas station. 

What gets me are the stories of the resident who has a drug house move in next door - and they call it in, and tell law enforcement what is going on - and nothing happens.  Now - I don't know what Police need to get a search warrant.  I assume (hope) it is more than a neighbor calling in saying that they think they live next to a drug house.  However, you would think there would be some relatively fast way they could move in on drug houses and close them down. 

There is one exception to that rule that I give organizations the benefit of the doubt that they are competent - I freely believe the MCRC is corrupt and incompetent.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2015, 10:25:58 AM »

Another 'smash and grab' in the news...

saw one at a spa a couple of days ago although the perps only found $20!!!

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2015/jan/18/money-stolen-monroe-hydroponics-store/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2015, 11:21:15 AM »

And the beat goes on, BRD.  Hummm......now I have to go listen to that Sonny and Cher song.   ;)

MN.....I have no doubt the intentions of at least 90% of our local Judicial and LE officers are good people with good intentions.  I just read the results on MEN where I see an increase in stories related to larcenies and drug stories.  Also, the results in the few major crimes going unsolved also makes me question ability.

I'm not basing my opinion on statistical data that our LE agency set aside strictly to combat drugs is not effective or efficient , but of just reading the local news (Unless The MEN is just putting the news out there that they once did not).  More folks are openlybitching about it.....and rightfully so.

The Pain Clinic has been shut down since 2011 and if in fact it was the root cause of Monroe County heroin use issue then 3 to 4 years seems to me to be a sufficient amount of time to corral and prosecute.  If it took you or I with ample resources to fix a major issue inside of 4 years we would be terminated.  Sorry, I hold public servants to the same set of standards that I operate under in order to keep my job.

I think what frustrates me more, that again unless not reported, that the elected officials that we put in office to administer or execute their jobs are remaining silent on the issue.  This conveys to me as them settling for status quo.........not acceptable!  This issue should be reported out on in Council/Commissioner meetings EVERY time they meet with the public.  I see this as spinelesshorseshit in not stepping up to do what we elected them to do.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2015, 04:47:10 PM »

Well they caught him so that' one they can check off the list...

http://www.13abc.com/story/27896051/toledo-man-suspected-of-car-break-ins-arrested

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2015, 06:17:15 PM »

Billy

• Hero Talker
  • Don't let the smooth taste fool ya!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50   Go Up