MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Monroe County Crimes in the News this Morning

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monroe County Crimes in the News this Morning  (Read 51702 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: Monroe County Crimes in the News this Morning
« Reply #735 on: December 21, 2017, 10:54:52 PM »

Old news.  Was in the Telegram on Monday.  He's done.  He should be.  Caulkins isn't going to cut him any slack.

People, in general should concentrate on driving, not multi-tasking.  Multi tasking while driving is murder.  I have hands free but if someone calls and I'm driving, I don't answer anyway.  At my age, I have a hard enough time keeping it between the lines and watching out for other idiots.

I've quit driving at night unless absolutely necessary.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #736 on: December 22, 2017, 09:36:04 AM »

Old news. Was in the Telegram on Monday. He's done.  He should be.  Caulkins isn't going to cut him any slack.

People, in general should concentrate on driving, not multi-tasking.  Multi tasking while driving is murder.  I have hands free but if someone calls and I'm driving, I don't answer anyway.  At my age, I have a hard enough time keeping it between the lines and watching out for other idiots.

I've quit driving at night unless absolutely necessary.

Old news?  You didn't post anything about it!

Before I had the surgery to remove my cataracts the doctor asked me 3-4 times if I had trouble driving at night.

I told him "no" every time and he kept saying "well you must be having trouble".  One of the technicians even commented one day that my cataracts were on the thick side.

I figured maybe after the surgery I'd realize that I could see a lot better at night but I didn't.  I still see just as good (or bad I guess) as I did before the surgery. 

The only part of driving at night I can't handle is driving straight through on a 20 hour drive to Florida (or I suppose anywhere).  Part of that is I can't drive as far between bathroom breaks.  That's been one plus on the camping trailer.  We can pull into a rest area way down away from the bathrooms where there is usually lots of parking.  One of us hit's the potty while the other one takes the dog for a walk and then we reverse and we're back on the road in fairly short order.

As far as seeing at night I don't see any difference from before the surgery.
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #737 on: December 22, 2017, 10:13:51 AM »

The night driving that gets me are the guys with the ultra high tech white/blue after market headlights..

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #738 on: December 22, 2017, 04:47:27 PM »

Old news?  You didn't post anything about it!

Before I had the surgery to remove my cataracts the doctor asked me 3-4 times if I had trouble driving at night.

I told him "no" every time and he kept saying "well you must be having trouble".  One of the technicians even commented one day that my cataracts were on the thick side.

I figured maybe after the surgery I'd realize that I could see a lot better at night but I didn't.  I still see just as good (or bad I guess) as I did before the surgery. 

The only part of driving at night I can't handle is driving straight through on a 20 hour drive to Florida (or I suppose anywhere).  Part of that is I can't drive as far between bathroom breaks.  That's been one plus on the camping trailer.  We can pull into a rest area way down away from the bathrooms where there is usually lots of parking.  One of us hit's the potty while the other one takes the dog for a walk and then we reverse and we're back on the road in fairly short order.

As far as seeing at night I don't see any difference from before the surgery.

I apologize.  I find it interesting that there are times when Monoe County stuff shows up in the Telegram that either never shows up in the MN or shows up days later.

My issue with night driving is the oncoming headlights on a 2 lane.  So many people with poorly aimed headlights these days and now there are the LED light bars that people buy and like to blind you with. I'd like to see them outlawed.  Says right on the box 'For offroad Use only' but that don't stop the idiots from installing them.  Very irritating.

I'm thinking hard about a set of KC daylighters for the truck so when an oncoming idiot cannot find the dimmer switch or had their LED light bar blazing away, I'll wait until they are about 100 feet from me and I'll light off the Daylighters...  That will get their attention as it BBQ's their eyeballs.

I can even deal with the HID's that I find somewhat irritating but not nearly as bad as an idiot with no dimmer switch or a wannabe LED lightbar.

People today are so inconsiderate of others.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #739 on: December 22, 2017, 06:14:51 PM »

My issue with night driving is the oncoming headlights on a 2 lane.  So many people with poorly aimed headlights these days and now there are the LED light bars that people buy and like to blind you with

Same here pretty well, I'm not at all comfortable driving after dark anymore.  Light diffracting from sand chip pits in the windshield to the glare from my glasses.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #740 on: December 22, 2017, 07:19:37 PM »

Same here pretty well, I'm not at all comfortable driving after dark anymore.  Light diffracting from sand chip pits in the windshield to the glare from my glasses.

Around here, better off not driving after dark anyway.  Those bambi's can appear out of nowhere on country 2 lane roads.  hell on sheet metal.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #741 on: December 23, 2017, 05:44:47 PM »

I apologize.  I find it interesting that there are times when Monoe County stuff shows up in the Telegram that either never shows up in the MN or shows up days later.

My issue with night driving is the oncoming headlights on a 2 lane.  So many people with poorly aimed headlights these days and now there are the LED light bars that people buy and like to blind you with. I'd like to see them outlawed.  Says right on the box 'For offroad Use only' but that don't stop the idiots from installing them.  Very irritating.

I'm thinking hard about a set of KC daylighters for the truck so when an oncoming idiot cannot find the dimmer switch or had their LED light bar blazing away, I'll wait until they are about 100 feet from me and I'll light off the Daylighters...  That will get their attention as it BBQ's their eyeballs.

I can even deal with the HID's that I find somewhat irritating but not nearly as bad as an idiot with no dimmer switch or a wannabe LED lightbar.

People today are so inconsiderate of others.

Have either of you ever tried the yellow sunglasses for night driving. 

They seem to help some people.  Our son gave me a few pairs of them and I couldn't see where they did a lot except in town at night where there is a lot of light already. 

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #742 on: December 23, 2017, 07:16:44 PM »

No, I sure haven't.....gotta check that out to see how or if they work with wearing prescription glasses.

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #743 on: December 23, 2017, 07:19:55 PM »

Humm, Google recommends red tinted.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #744 on: December 24, 2017, 08:51:23 AM »

No, I sure haven't.....gotta check that out to see how or if they work with wearing prescription glasses.

Humm, Google recommends red tinted.

Interesting...

I've gotten up in the morning more than once with 'red' eyes...

should have had some of those to wear then ;D ;D ;D

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #745 on: December 24, 2017, 10:13:32 AM »

Hum, red tinted huh.  i have some sunglasses that i can buy different lenses and pop them in.  I might try that although i don't do a lot of night driving , just local mostly..
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]   Go Up