MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Pets > She's gone...

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: She's gone...  (Read 1102 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
Re: She's gone...
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2017, 08:21:54 AM »

And you will still miss your pup.  Wish they would live longer but losing them wouldn't be any easier.

I try to avoid some of the things we did together which helps but then it seems like a constant stream of 'reminders' are being thrown my way...

I was looking for video on the Gernerac installation and decided to open this one...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogUGtb8U3yU

Then later in the day I had to go to TSC for a few things...

the big call center operation next door is doing a blood drive...

I'll have to post the picture for the blood drive from a different computer in a little bit!!!
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

CatLady

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2017, 08:03:15 PM »

Whether people or pets, the pain doesn't lessen, it comes less often.
I'm trying to like people but it's hard to get past the STUPID ones!

“I've never had a humble opinion in my life. If you're going to have one, why bother to be humble about it?”
Joan Baez

Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2017, 08:45:03 PM »

Whether people or pets, the pain doesn't lessen, it comes less often.

And eventually you will smile and laugh when you think about them.....

:)

Even though you still miss them.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2017, 08:52:50 AM »

This is the picture I was going to post yesterday but then good old Comcast decide to go on spring break I guess...   was off most of the morning and into the afternoon. 

Anyway, this was another memory jogger for the big red dog...

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2017, 09:01:27 AM »

Out of the clear blue yesterday Google emailed me a link to a 'memories' photo...  it's one I had taken of Snickers last fall.  She was laying beside the garden and had her nose into the breeze and she was 'reading the news'!    Then Google had customized the photo and put it in my files...   

I'm going to start a file for just the pictures I've taken of her since she was a puppy...   easily into the thousands I'm sure ;) ;) ;)

CatLady

• Hero Talker
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2017, 07:07:42 PM »

A beautiful picture of a special pup.
I'm trying to like people but it's hard to get past the STUPID ones!

“I've never had a humble opinion in my life. If you're going to have one, why bother to be humble about it?”
Joan Baez

Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2017, 09:24:50 AM »

Well, it's been over a month and over 1200 miles...

out cat here at home seemed to realize right away that the BRD was missing when we got home. 

And our daughter's dog that has traveled with us has decided he wants to sleep on her bed.  Not sure if he thinks  that's the 'alpha' bed or if he can just smell her there better than on his own bed :-\ :-\ :-\

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2017, 11:42:55 AM »

It's like the corner office with a window. Its unfortunate that the BRD ( Our unofficial MT mascot ) isn't here anymore but there's no sense in a great bed going to waste !!! 
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2017, 02:35:51 PM »

The daughter's dog bit made me think of my all-time favorite book as a kid......Where the Red Fern Grows
Support the local economy as much as possible!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2017, 09:25:47 PM »

Well, our pup is hanging in there with bi-monthly accupuncture, insulin twice a day and a drug store of pills, but, she's happy, blind as a bat but has a heck of a nose.  She has outlived our Vet's estimates by a couple years now, she has actually lived a normal lifespan, stubborn as hell too.

Every day is a good day for her and us.  We love her dearly and  we are her world.  Our lives revolve around her needs and will be that way until she passes.

I love my pup dearly.  So does CL.

When she's gone, no more for us.  Cats are different than dogs, fine with me.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Skittelroo

• Hero Talker
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2017, 10:25:57 PM »

I am just seeing this and wish to extend my sorrow on losing your Big Red Dog, BRD.   We recently had to have my son's beagle/Bassett put down, and it was one of the hardest things we have done.  Heritage Animal Clinic here in Dundee was  super.  Before we left, they had made a plaster cast of his footprint and sent it home with us to dry out.  My son made a shadow box for it, with a few other items (dog tag, collar, toy).   

Just the other day I took my two dogs over to son's house and felt a heart-tug when Chester didn't come to greet me with his floppy doll.   Sigh ... memories come flooding beck at the oddest times.

Here are a couple links to special videos I like.   And the first song-video you posted is my favorite ("My Old Dog")

I Loved You Best:  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FAlE7fMYXaU
And God Made a Dog:  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=beJLFNSDWcg
Denali - A Tribute to Man's Best Friend:  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P2zQbsEGh_Q
(Brief story about Denali, the dying dog:  http://www.medicaldaily.com/pulse/man-and-his-dog-both-have-cancer-photographer-sends-his-dying-dog-touching-short-film-337850

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2017, 09:28:38 AM »

I am just seeing this and wish to extend my sorrow on losing your Big Red Dog, BRD.   We recently had to have my son's beagle/Bassett put down, and it was one of the hardest things we have done.  Heritage Animal Clinic here in Dundee was  super.  Before we left, they had made a plaster cast of his footprint and sent it home with us to dry out.  My son made a shadow box for it, with a few other items (dog tag, collar, toy).   

Just the other day I took my two dogs over to son's house and felt a heart-tug when Chester didn't come to greet me with his floppy doll.   Sigh ... memories come flooding beck at the oddest times.

Here are a couple links to special videos I like.   And the first song-video you posted is my favorite ("My Old Dog")

I Loved You Best:  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FAlE7fMYXaU
And God Made a Dog:  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=beJLFNSDWcg
Denali - A Tribute to Man's Best Friend:  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P2zQbsEGh_Q
(Brief story about Denali, the dying dog:  http://www.medicaldaily.com/pulse/man-and-his-dog-both-have-cancer-photographer-sends-his-dying-dog-touching-short-film-337850

Sorry to hear of your loss Skittelroo...

and thank you for sharing those links!

My wife fried bacon for breakfast this morning and I had just commented to her that I missed Snickers not watching the entire process and then sitting and waiting for her 'share'!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2017, 12:55:25 PM »

I think I walked around Barlow's "Spot" making sure I didn't trip over him for maybe over a year.  An everyday reminder makes you realize just how much you really loved them.
Support the local economy as much as possible!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up