MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: October 20, 2018, 09:08:33 PM 
Started by SidecarFlip - Last post by Maverick
Yes there was plenty of lawlessness going on under past boards. Gary ran on an "I'll give it my best shot to straighten this up " philosophy. Without any money in the budget it's harder than most would know. Gary has done a lot to at least point the twp in the right direction. There is a small group of malcontents that are used to getting away with anything they want that are opposing everything that Gary does. Mostly because it affects their own little scam they have been running in the township for years. It's definitely a power struggle between lawfulness and lawlessness.

on: October 20, 2018, 08:41:15 PM 
Started by SidecarFlip - Last post by SidecarFlip
On my weekly drive through London Township I always see plenty of blight enforcement opportunities.

It would be a better place to live if someone did just that!

I'm not really sure about where London Township is actually.  I presume around Milan Dragway but again, not sure.  I do know that Gary inhereted a mess and usually when straightening out a mess, some citizens get butt hurt because being a mess isn't always a mess to some.

Like I said, a thankless job that pays little.

on: October 20, 2018, 08:35:25 PM 
I remember back when we moved here (32 years ago), we looked at homes in Bedford and I said to CL, Bedford isn't for me and it seems to be getting worse, not better.

on: October 20, 2018, 08:31:44 PM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by SidecarFlip
They got spanked but I knew they would.  I was surprised they even scored.  Michigan State needs to stick to hoops.  Their football program sucks big time.

on: October 20, 2018, 08:23:05 PM 
Started by SidecarFlip - Last post by blue2
Bedford twp has their share too.  And we have 3 ordinance officers who ride around all day.  Word is they won't cite anyone unless there is a complaint.  How stupid.  We don't need them riding around then.  Fire 2 of them and have one sit in township hall waiting for complaints to roll in/

on: October 20, 2018, 07:44:24 PM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by Monroe Native
I wonder whatever happened to Tea Party Patriot?

I'm sure he is looking forward to basketball.

That was an absolute domination. 

It could be a long rest of the season for the Spartans without Felton.

on: October 20, 2018, 07:41:21 PM 
Started by SidecarFlip - Last post by Monroe Native
On my weekly drive through London Township I always see plenty of blight enforcement opportunities.

It would be a better place to live if someone did just that!

on: October 20, 2018, 02:59:11 PM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by blue2
Harbaugh better find an offensive guy that can call plays.  He sucks at it

on: October 20, 2018, 02:38:51 PM 
Looks like Arbor Drilling struck nothing across the road...again.  Last outfit 'sunk' about a million in a dry hole that Arbor bought and then attempted to directional bore for that liquid gold.  Put a pile of casing down the hole and came up with nothing.  never even got a whiff of crude and neither did they.  Probably dropped another million down the hole.  Pulled the drill rig the other day

Getting to be an expensive venture over there with no return.  Time to cement it and cut the casing 10 feet below grade and backfill it.

For the life of me, with crude what it s, I don't see any percentage in tossing money into a well in southern Michigan.  Will never turn a profit.

on: October 20, 2018, 02:30:34 PM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by SidecarFlip
CL is watching Lansing take a whipping.  I knew that would happen.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10