MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: July 22, 2018, 10:01:38 PM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by SidecarFlip
$300 plus an hour...for nothing.  DTE is a business entity and as a business, it has every right to seek a tax devaluation.  If I was DTE, I'd close the Monroe plant entirely and say...  There ya go bozo's.

As an individual you can contest your valuation too.  DTE is no different, only difference is the amount.  I hope they get it.  Would be a wake up call to Monroe politicians to get fiscally responsible (f that is possible which I doubt)...

on: July 22, 2018, 09:55:55 PM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by SidecarFlip
Some people starting to wake up.
Article in Blade praising Marcy Kaptur for bringing so much to Toledo in her years of a politician.
More than one comment about she didn't bring anything.  It was our money to begin with

Kaptur is just another turd in a dress.

on: July 22, 2018, 09:51:58 PM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by SidecarFlip
Was in the paper today as well.  False claim however.  It stated that almost 1/2 of Michigan's propane comes through Line 5.  Not true.  Nothing comes through Line 5 that Michigan uses.  All goes to Canada.

I expect no less from Enbridge.  It can never happen...until it does, just like the Kalamazoo River.  Could never happen, but it did.

Hopefully, I'll be passed when it does, but it will eventually, unless it's shut down.

on: July 22, 2018, 09:46:06 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by SidecarFlip
Nice and cool this evening.  Nice for a change.  Took  the dog for his evening walk.  He likes it when it's cooler out.  So do I.

on: July 22, 2018, 09:43:04 PM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by SidecarFlip
I take the ongoing, every day political hub bub as entertainment.  Read it and disregard most of it.

on: July 22, 2018, 09:40:48 PM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by SidecarFlip
One good thing about it being dry is...  Don't have to mow the lawn...lol.  Everytime I mow, it's 15 bucks in gas.

on: July 22, 2018, 09:03:49 PM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by John Kopke
Reading an article about people stressing out because of the politics of the day. I'm thinking he wrote this thinking of me. I admit I'm stressed out with the politics of the day. He advises cutting the cord for a while. Unplug. I agree. I've done it, and it works.

Here's the thing. My thoughts, or your thoughts, by themselves, won't change the politics, and the time we spend thinking about it won't improve our prospects for personal success. To be prosperous and happy, focus on what you're doing. Don't go overboard using your time knowing all the nuances of the latest intrigue going on in Washington. Know what you need to know, but don't neglect to work on what's best for you.

Sounds like something I need to take to heart.

on: July 22, 2018, 05:30:41 PM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by John Kopke
Not you, I refer to the Maxine Waters crowd.  What a turd.

I knew you weren't talking to me, I thought you might get a kick out of me and my 22. I think I'd be a tad outgunned.

on: July 22, 2018, 11:16:00 AM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by blue2
both my guages indicate 1.1"

on: July 22, 2018, 10:16:07 AM 
Started by Chips - Last post by SidecarFlip
With revenue on the down slide, seems pretty counter productive to me but then the 'money' to do the demo comes from guess who... taxpayers.

Never been impressed with Monroe, never will be.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10