MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Nature & Environment > Wildlife Photos...

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28   Go Down

Author Topic: Wildlife Photos...  (Read 29802 times)

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
Re: Wildlife Photos...
« Reply #390 on: July 04, 2017, 03:05:00 PM »

LOL, the raccoons look on the move too!

I got into the site too......nothing I have seen from long-standing members, so far.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

CatLady

• Hero Talker
« Reply #391 on: July 04, 2017, 06:18:07 PM »

Raccoons again...   I haven't seen any sign of them other than seeing them on the camera. 

That's because they're all over here - on the deck and in the barns! 
I'm trying to like people but it's hard to get past the STUPID ones!

“I've never had a humble opinion in my life. If you're going to have one, why bother to be humble about it?”
Joan Baez

Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #392 on: July 04, 2017, 11:40:39 PM »

Got up about 4am the other night to take a whizz and walked in the kitchen and looked out on the deck...  Was a whole family of coons, 5 of them, eating cat food.  Flipped on the deck light and they all turned around and looked at me as if to say....'can't you see we are busy eating'.....

I turned off the light and went back to bed.  I thought about exterminating them but they were cute so I let them slide.  Not sure I could have drilled all 5 anyway.  I have 9 in the magazine and one in the chamber but that would be five real quick shots.

Told CL to pick up the cat food every night and hopefully they will find greener pastures..  or the neighbors cat food.

Possums are another story entirely.  I give them no quarter.  Same with wood chucks.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #393 on: July 05, 2017, 08:43:12 AM »

I have been live catching coons for years and trying to teach them to Scuba dive with no success to date !!
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

Newport-Bill

• Hero Talker
« Reply #394 on: July 05, 2017, 08:46:45 AM »

Same story here with woodchucks.  They like to go under my deck and in my barn.  I catch them and tell the wife I am going to keep them for a pet but want to give them a bath in the pond first.  For some reason they must not like water.   ;)
Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
« Reply #395 on: July 05, 2017, 08:48:40 AM »

Got up about 4am the other night to take a whizz and walked in the kitchen and looked out on the deck...  Was a whole family of coons, 5 of them, eating cat food.  Flipped on the deck light and they all turned around and looked at me as if to say....'can't you see we are busy eating'.....

I turned off the light and went back to bed.  I thought about exterminating them but they were cute so I let them slide.  Not sure I could have drilled all 5 anyway.  I have 9 in the magazine and one in the chamber but that would be five real quick shots.

Told CL to pick up the cat food every night and hopefully they will find greener pastures..  or the neighbors cat food.

Possums are another story entirely.  I give them no quarter.  Same with wood chucks.

I know we have a few possums around but I have never gotten a picture of one on the trail camera...  and if I've gotten a picture of a woodchuck it's been several years. 

I had taken the dog for a walk back in the woods after dinner a few weeks back and a woodchuck attacked him...   big mistake on the part of the woodchuck!!!  It wasn't even much of a fight although the dog does have a few souvenir marks on his shoulder!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 08:54:15 AM by BigRedDog »
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #396 on: July 05, 2017, 10:41:41 AM »

No critters at all on the trail camera overnight...

all the fireworks have all the critters laying low is my thought.

I did get a couple of nice pictures of me driving the truck back into the woods and then back out later ;D ;D ;D

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #397 on: July 05, 2017, 01:54:00 PM »

I have been live catching coons for years and trying to teach them to Scuba dive with no success to date !!

Had to slap my knee on that one!  Thanks.

Your training classes must be ineffective or you're RW Conservative.  LMAO
Support the local economy as much as possible!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #398 on: July 09, 2017, 10:55:35 AM »

And just when I commented that I hadn't had a coyote on the camera for a couple of years what do I get?

I had a few raccoons earlier and later but just this one little guy sneaking north all by himself!

Newport-Bill

• Hero Talker
« Reply #399 on: July 09, 2017, 11:27:49 AM »

Uh oh!  Suddenly can't see any of your pictures.  Replaced with a blurb saying "Please Update Your Account to Enable 3rd Party Hosting"
Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #400 on: July 25, 2017, 07:49:00 PM »

Uh oh!  Suddenly can't see any of your pictures.  Replaced with a blurb saying "Please Update Your Account to Enable 3rd Party Hosting"

The "update" they want is for me to start paying for being a 3rd party host, in other words for me posting the photos on their server and then posting a link here on MT (or elsewhere) and the photo shows up in place of the link.  I'm not going to share any money with them for that...  their site had already gotten hard to navigate with all the ads they have.  I'll look around (when I have more time) for a 3rd party host that will still do it for free! 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #401 on: July 26, 2017, 08:16:58 AM »

Just to be clear and fair to PhotoBucket every photo I've ever posted there was still there as of last night.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #402 on: November 05, 2017, 09:24:01 AM »

No way to share the photo but I did get the neatest picture a few mornings ago. 

I had moved the trail camera to where it is about 10 yards out in front of my blind but on the back side of the tree from the blind.  I've often wondered if the deer actually pay any attention to the camera but I got a picture of a nice little six point that seems to answer my question.  He's standing maybe 5-6 feet from the camera and he's stretched right out and looking right at the camera.  He must have ran away because there were no 2nd or 3rd photos of him. 

Yesterday I had a few pictures of various does just eating their way along the trail. 

They finished off another 50-60 acre field of corn down the road to the west of us last night in the rain so that should push a few more deer into the brush cover. 

What we really need is some nice cold weather...   right now the deer think they're on a Caribbean cruise.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #403 on: November 07, 2017, 07:29:35 PM »

Again, only one picture this morning but it was a nice solid 10 pointer. 

We were working out in the yard all day.  One project was burning out a stump.  Another was sweeping and burning leaves. 

We had been in for lunch and were getting dressed (it was a little cool today) to go outside and I happened to look out the front door and saw two turkeys walking right down the driveway.  Then more and more until there were probably close to two dozen of them.  Finally after a car drove by they all took off and flew across the yard and the road and out into the freshly harvested bean field.

Then later in the afternoon after we were outside again we looked across at the bean field where the turkeys had walked and there were two deer out browsing in the field.  They had their heads down all the time so they must have been picking up left over beans.  We watched them for probably 20-25 minutes before they got to the back of the field and crossed the ditch back there. 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #404 on: November 09, 2017, 09:26:53 AM »

Yesterday we had a couple of 'antlerless' deer pictures on the camera.  One at 3 am and another about 8 am.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same critter but no distinct markings to make sure.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28   Go Up