MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Congratulations to Amaya's Fresh Mexican Grill

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Congratulations to Amaya's Fresh Mexican Grill  (Read 257 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Congratulations to Amaya's Fresh Mexican Grill
« on: June 13, 2018, 01:44:01 PM »

It might get a little more difficult to find a parking spot downtown once this gets out! 

Mlive just announced their 'top 10' Mexican Restaurants across Michigan and Amaya's came in at # 4.  I had been following along as the team was traveling and they had gone to some major restaurants across the state.  We always try to hit the Beltline Bar when we're around Grand Rapids and they did get an award for best wet burrito. 

The other one in the top 10 we tried to get into on our Labor Day trip last fall is the one in Mackinac that serves the very famous fish tacos made with whitefish that is fresh out of the lakes.  We tried to get in there for lunch but the parking places were full and we had the camper on the back of the truck.  Next time we'll camp on the south end of the bridge and just drive the truck.

Again, congratulations to everyone at Amaya's on a great job!!! 

Here's the list of top 10 places in Michigan along with some other special awards.  It also mentions Amaya's Chorizo Burger as being a potential top contender on Mlive's Best Burgers competition.

Here's the full article from Mlive.

It might make an interesting Michigan Road Trip to 'eat our way' across the state at each of these places.  We would definitely have to go slow and mix in a few other stops along the way though.

http://www.mlive.com/michigansbest/2018/06/michigans_best_mexican_restaur.html
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Professor H

• Hero Talker
Re: Congratulations to Amaya's Fresh Mexican Grill
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 05:57:28 PM »

We made it to the one in St. Ignace last labor day!   and enjoy Amaya's quite often.

The one down the street from my college wasn't around (Hancock) when I was there...

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 06:31:23 PM »

A couple people in town have figured out that consistently good quality  food, well prepared, consistently good service, and being actively involved  (as opposed to absent or sitting around at a table while everyone else works) is a winning combination.   There’s a lot of long-time local restaurant owners who could learn a ton from Tino and crew. 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 08:31:12 PM »

We made it to the one in St. Ignace last labor day!   and enjoy Amaya's quite often.

The one down the street from my college wasn't around (Hancock) when I was there...

Did you try the fish tacos?

A couple people in town have figured out that consistently good quality  food, well prepared, consistently good service, and being actively involved  (as opposed to absent or sitting around at a table while everyone else works) is a winning combination.   There’s a lot of long-time local restaurant owners who could learn a ton from Tino and crew. 

Well said ytrewq ;) ;) ;)
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".
Pages: [1]   Go Up