MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 01:49:39 AM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by Tim Heiss
Actually, it was his wit I enjoyed.....I didn't care for the really personal attacks at all.  Wish it could have been better controlled but there was SOME substance that he added that I enjoyed reading and/or pondering.

LOL...just read Prof's note.  Who is in denial of the White Lincoln?   ;D
Agreed Fuzz, the personal attacks were too much, although there were those that loved to tease a rabid dog and acted shocked and dismayed when they got bit.

As far as the freedom of speech goes, even KKK members should be entitled to free speech, just as I'm entitled to not to have to listen to it, and people should have the freedom of speech to be able to disagree with it.

on: April 30, 2017, 10:54:25 PM 
Started by Frenchfry - Last post by SidecarFlip
Are you moving to Canada?  8* ;D

I'll be moving to Pleasantview.  Have my real estate there already. ;D

on: April 30, 2017, 10:51:52 PM 
Started by Billy - Last post by SidecarFlip
The place I remember the most (CL too) was the German resturant in Milan.  Man they had the best German food.  Was right downtown on the second floor of a building.  Cannot remember the name of the place but the food was out of this world.  I love good German food.  Love good Germans too, I'm married to one...

Closest I've come to it is the place on block from Dumochelle's in downtown Detroit.  Looks like a dive on the outside (inside too) but the food is tremendous.

on: April 30, 2017, 10:47:31 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by Professor H
Year to Date
Shot & Killed: 181
Shot & Wounded: 867
Total Shot: 1048
Total Homicides: 191

http://heyjackass.com/

Interesting statistics on the shootings and homicides in Chicago...  enough to keep the staff busy at this website. 

on: April 30, 2017, 10:45:35 PM 
Started by Billy - Last post by The Fuzz
Don't think I ever ate there.

When I first moved to town that was supposed to be THE place to go.  I remember the prime rib notoriety, but wasn't overly impressed'

We make our own.

It is super easy, and tastes better than any I've bought out.

No question!!!!!!!!  You get yours bagged with the juices at Danny's?  Superior stuff, and as you say, easy as hell to make.

on: April 30, 2017, 10:43:29 PM 
Started by Frenchfry - Last post by SidecarFlip

I have to say, that is the best of the best............ ;D ;D

on: April 30, 2017, 07:58:39 PM 
Started by Billy - Last post by Maverick
Does anybody remember the small zoo on N Custer near the airport. I seem to remember it was in the back yard of one of the homes there. I also remember a lion in a chain link cage.
????

on: April 30, 2017, 07:38:16 PM 
Started by Billy - Last post by Monroe Native
Does anyone remember when Joe's French Italian Inn was known for Prime Rib? Well I called to order a PR dinner to go tonight. I was told they only serve PR on Friday and Saturday. I told the girl Joe's used to be known for Prime Rib, and not just on Friday's and Saturdays. She said she knew that. I told her I was disappointed, and she also had lost an order.

Frankly Joe's Prime Ribs aren't all that good to start with. Doesn't matter whether you order
well done, medium rare, or rare. You get something closer to well done than anything else.
They do however provide au juice so at least you juice up the dry beef. Fortunately they don't have much competition. Jerry's Frenchtown has RB on Thursdays and it's OK. But their ain't no really good place to get RB in Monroe that I know of. Maybe someone can steer me to a good place.

We make our own.

It is super easy, and tastes better than any I've bought out.

on: April 30, 2017, 07:13:23 PM 
Started by Billy - Last post by blue2
Don't think I ever ate there.

on: April 30, 2017, 07:05:12 PM 
Started by Billy - Last post by John Kopke
Does anyone remember when Joe's French Italian Inn was known for Prime Rib? Well I called to order a PR dinner to go tonight. I was told they only serve PR on Friday and Saturday. I told the girl Joe's used to be known for Prime Rib, and not just on Friday's and Saturdays. She said she knew that. I told her I was disappointed, and she also had lost an order.

Frankly Joe's Prime Ribs aren't all that good to start with. Doesn't matter whether you order
well done, medium rare, or rare. You get something closer to well done than anything else.
They do however provide au juice so at least you juice up the dry beef. Fortunately they don't have much competition. Jerry's Frenchtown has RB on Thursdays and it's OK. But their ain't no really good place to get RB in Monroe that I know of. Maybe someone can steer me to a good place. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10