MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 05:48:44 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by BigRedDog
I see Tesla burnt through their Government Money to get people to buy their stuff.

They have started their phase out.

Not sure the Model 3 is going to look like a great deal without the $7500 in taxpayer dollars on the hood.

At this point in my life I'm a lot more concerned about an electric wheel chair than I am a Tesla of any type.

One thing they have done is helped with the advances in batteries and power storage.  That will go way, way beyond electric automobiles and trucks.

on: Today at 05:43:35 PM 
I hope more rain is on the way.

What we have gotten so far isn't enough to even take the edge off the brown.

Just saw on 13ABC Toledo that the severe storms that hit Indiana earlier are diminishing very quickly.  I guess we just have to wait and se what we do get.

on: Today at 05:17:39 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by Monroe Native
I hope more rain is on the way.

What we have gotten so far isn't enough to even take the edge off the brown.

on: Today at 05:16:15 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by Monroe Native
I wonder if this will have any deep or long lasting impact on Tesla and their battery production other than maybe pushing the prices up higher ??? ??? ???

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tesla-cuba-cobalt-exclusive/exclusive-teslas-battery-maker-suspends-cobalt-supplier-amid-sanctions-concern-idUSKBN1K92Q9

I see Tesla burnt through their Government Money to get people to buy their stuff.

They have started their phase out.

Not sure the Model 3 is going to look like a great deal without the $7500 in taxpayer dollars on the hood.

on: Today at 05:13:12 PM 
Started by Chips - Last post by Monroe Native
Everytime I come into Monroe anymore....

And to be honest I try to limit it to "vital" trips....

I see lots and lots of blight.

I see lots of buildings that aren't being taken care of.

I see roads that aren't being fixed - cause the Council Chambers are way more important than roads we drive on.

I see a bunch of super scruffy people wearing their pajamas shopping.

I see lots of empty buildings with for sale signs or for rent signs on them.

I see "Bail Bonds" places with giant signs advertising what must be an important service to the people of Monroe - because there are more than a few.

I see lots of empty parking spaces most nights - even though the deniers like to claim that is why downtown is so very sad.

I just see a town that is becoming like Flint, or Detroit - only Detroit is getting better and is less sad than Monroe.

And - I see a National Park - that to me symbolizes what Auto World must have been to Flint - only the National Park isn't going to stop the slow, painful death either.

And as for it being the whole State - nope.  Not true.  Where I work and where I live is BOOMING.  You don't see that stuff in either place.

Sorry to burst your Bubble, but Monroe's worst enemy is....  Monroe.

on: Today at 05:06:42 PM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by Monroe Native
Doubtful.

It was most likely melted to make bullets or guns to kill people during one of the "good" wars we used to fight.

on: Today at 05:04:54 PM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by Monroe Native
Again - the $2 is going to FAR more than paying for the Smart 911 that most of the document covers.

Here is the key statement that I could find.

A revenue increase is necessary to meet these goals and ensure a stable funding source for Central
Dispatch.

Okay - let me highlight the REALLY important part.

ensure a stable funding source for Central Dispatch

Yep - in the County Document it called out that they wanted a stable funding source.

So the General Fund is not a Stable Source there Mav?

So what are you going to do with the 1.3 million you are freeing up from the General Fund?

Again - you aren't voting for Police.  You aren't voting for FIRE.

You are voting for whatever Mav and the gang want to spend that 1.3 million - and the is $1,300,000 from the general fund.

So Mav - can you tell me what I am REALLY supposed to vote for?

Where is the 1.3 MIL going to go?

Or do you boys figure that DTE is going to take that and more away - and this is just tax increase one to try to make up for it?

I would appreciate a less mis-leading answer this time - if you don't mind.

on: Today at 04:41:16 PM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by BigRedDog
From Branson, MO via twitter...

9 of the 17 victims were from one family.  Only 2 survived!!!

on: Today at 04:25:58 PM 
We had to go in to Kroger to pick up a prescription and a few other things.  When we were leaving I saw that the grocery carts were starting to blow around in the parking lot.  Going to be a few dings before the afternoon is over!!!

on: Today at 02:26:46 PM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by BigRedDog
I just saw this on Twitter.

I haven't been on John R recently but I'll bet it was in better shape 115 years ago than it is now!!!

#OTD in 1903, this photo was taken of a man in an early automobile with 5 children waiting alongside a curb. Notes indicate that it was taken to document the condition of the pavement at John R & Farnsworth Streets.

Also stop and think about this...

all the people in that photo are most likely dead and gone for years but the car may be setting in a museum somewhere :-\ :-\ :-\

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10