MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: June 24, 2019, 11:43:08 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by Maverick
I agree, Let them be warmed the first time then pound them into the earth the second time. The whole world witnessed him stand down. Nobody will blame him no matter how big the response after the next attack. Even the Dems can't think of a way to spin his forgiveness.
I think he should unleash a barrage that takes out their entire navy fleet.

on: June 24, 2019, 10:28:11 PM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by blue2
It’s Wall Street. Big bankers control everything. If companies don’t do what they want they dump your stock and make life tough.   They threaten everyone. They tell you what your earnings are going to be or else.

on: June 24, 2019, 10:24:24 PM 
Started by Monique - Last post by blue2
I have a couple of sets of blades. They don’t get beat up. I just like to keep them sharp. Seems like I get a cleaner cut.

on: June 24, 2019, 09:13:25 PM 
Started by Monique - Last post by Monroe Native
The tool I use the most is my brain.

on: June 24, 2019, 09:12:39 PM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by Monroe Native
I have long wondered why any company would be willing to make anything in a country where as part of the agreement you have to give them most of your technology - with the full knowledge that they are going to compete against you.

Madness.

I think it might be because they have so many potential customers?

on: June 24, 2019, 08:56:48 PM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by John Kopke
Actually - I bought a Power Washer that is from a US Company.

It has a Honda Engine on it - most likely built in the United States.

The frame - who the heck knows.

The Pump - yes - you know the pump came from China.

Last I checked this stuff got assembled in the USA.

I did as well as I could - and yes - I'd like it to work again - so looks like I'll be buying another China pump.

When it came time to buy my last pair of Red Wing boots - I threw in the extra 25 and got the made in USA boots - though I wonder where the content comes from.

Face it - we are a Global Economy now.  The US is not the cheapest place to build or design stuff anymore.  We pay people more to do nothing - than most countries pay them to work.  Hard to compete with that formula.

Now - a 25% Tariff may - over many years - cause more things to be built here.  That would be a good thing, but it isn't going to happen overnight.  It takes a long time to purchase and tool up manufacturing facilities, and hire and train workers.  What makes it even harder - it is hard to find people who want to work in those type of jobs here.  Kind of sad if you ask me.

Two things are for sure to come out of this John.

One - the United States Treasury is going to collect a bunch of taxes to put in their coffers.
Two - People in the United States is going to pay more for what we buy.

I just hope it doesn't throw us into another Recession / Depression - because as you no doubt know that is historically one of the outcomes when countries start putting on Tariffs and participating in Trade Wars.

MN:

Remember, we're in a trade war with China. As it goes on American co. will start to source out of countries like Vietnam etc., countries unlike China who don't steal our intellectual property as a matter of course.
on any scale like China.

on: June 24, 2019, 08:56:35 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by SidecarFlip
Trump will only go so far.  When lives become expendable then Trump will act in kind.  It is a game of chess and in this case Trump is a master player.  I'm sure the whole world is watching, including Rocket Man.

on: June 24, 2019, 08:53:44 PM 
Started by Monique - Last post by SidecarFlip
Leatherman. Everyone makes fun of me for always having one in my pocket---While they borrow it !!

... and I thought your comment would be a ball point pen.....lol

on: June 24, 2019, 08:52:39 PM 
Started by SidecarFlip - Last post by SidecarFlip
I don't bother reading her blather.  We wouldn't even get the MN but my wife subscribes.  I like the Telegram better and interestingly it has the same editor and is owned by the same people.    Like the Blade too but don't read the pages of opinion because their opinion isn't my opinion.

on: June 24, 2019, 08:28:15 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by John Kopke
And his decision not to bomb the hell out of Iran may persuade the EU join the sanctions.  Bombing Iran would only make our enemies hate us more and maybe even find a few more.  Notice how quiet Putiin has been over this?

Well Blue, I think Trump made exactly the right move. Winning a war against Iran can be done, but it would cost many lives, and treasure we don't have. Iran is the one suffering under the sanctions, not us, and it's getting worse for them as time passes. Question is will their strategy be to lash out militarily and hope the folks turn on Trump, or negotiate.

I bet on Trump.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10