MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 08:46:46 PM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by John Kopke
And while I'm ranting,  here's this. Read article about how like half the population of the world lives on $ 5.50 per day, or less, some a lot less. That works out to $ 195 per month. Yet we hear all the bitching about how things are so unfair in this country. How do you think you'd make out on $ 195 per month? Further, from this perspective, our people living on welfare, with free medical care, housing subsidies, food stamps etc. would be extremely well off in comparison. Bottom line is the people in this country should thank God in heaven that they fortunate enough to be born in this country! That's all.

on: Today at 08:25:57 PM 
I just watched again the movie Lone Survivor about a seal team in Afganistan that was wiped out except for a one. At the end it showed pictures of those who died with their wives, children and girl friends. So very sad. And I'm thinking, do the people of our country really appreciate the sacrifice of these brave men? And I think, on the whole, not so much.

on: Today at 08:20:43 PM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by The Fuzz
The correct usage is too, not too.

on: Today at 08:14:24 PM 
Rich Devos, one of the two founders of Amway, recently died. Years ago, speaking to members of Junior Achievement he spoke of his respect for our police officers. I don't remember his exact words, but here is as best I can recall.

He said I know some of you may have had a situation where you were upset
when you were out parking (making out in those days) when a police officer tapped his flashlight on the window breaking up you fun. Yet weeks later, you couldn't wait until that same police officer showed up when there was a prowler around your house, because he was there to help you, AGAIN.

He also said many of you believe when you graduate you're going to change the world, but let me ask you this, did you make your bed this morning?

He was a great man   

on: Today at 05:13:20 PM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by Monroe Native
Good football weekend.

Michigan and the Lions both won with little to no drama.

on: Today at 05:11:42 PM 
Started by SidecarFlip - Last post by Monroe Native
I agree that is the case in most municipalities.

on: Today at 12:59:20 PM 
Started by SidecarFlip - Last post by SidecarFlip
I wonder if Gary ever got to the bottom of who laced his bean field with barbed wire and Tee posts and screwed up his combine.  Never heard squat about that.

London reminds me of Summerfield Township in the way that a select group of people can get away with just about anything and not be held accountable for it.

I think that plays out in all rural jurisdictions.

The 'big wheels' in these townships are in fact really small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.

on: October 20, 2018, 09:08:33 PM 
Started by SidecarFlip - Last post by Maverick
Yes there was plenty of lawlessness going on under past boards. Gary ran on an "I'll give it my best shot to straighten this up " philosophy. Without any money in the budget it's harder than most would know. Gary has done a lot to at least point the twp in the right direction. There is a small group of malcontents that are used to getting away with anything they want that are opposing everything that Gary does. Mostly because it affects their own little scam they have been running in the township for years. It's definitely a power struggle between lawfulness and lawlessness.

on: October 20, 2018, 08:41:15 PM 
On my weekly drive through London Township I always see plenty of blight enforcement opportunities.

It would be a better place to live if someone did just that!

I'm not really sure about where London Township is actually.  I presume around Milan Dragway but again, not sure.  I do know that Gary inhereted a mess and usually when straightening out a mess, some citizens get butt hurt because being a mess isn't always a mess to some.

Like I said, a thankless job that pays little.

on: October 20, 2018, 08:35:25 PM 
I remember back when we moved here (32 years ago), we looked at homes in Bedford and I said to CL, Bedford isn't for me and it seems to be getting worse, not better.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10