MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 02:52:28 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by Maverick
Ironically it will raise more than it will lower and it will do that across the county. He took a stand early on without thoroughly  understanding the assessing process. He left himself no exit plan so even after the head of the state tax commission told him in a personal meeting that he was interpreting the code incorrectly he insisted on pushing forward. He made promises that he can't keep and is trying to bully his way to redemption. I don't think he will prevail.

on: Today at 12:44:28 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by Monroe Native
He wants each acre to have an individual assessment based on its soil type, tiling, drainage etc. Which is almost impossible to do and if townships tried it would be astronomically expensive and to what benefit ?

I keep thinking it has to come down to lowering his taxable value somehow.

on: Today at 12:20:56 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by Maverick
He wants each acre to have an individual assessment based on its soil type, tiling, drainage etc. Which is almost impossible to do and if townships tried it would be astronomically expensive and to what benefit ?

on: Today at 10:10:26 AM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by Monroe Native
Remember the expression "Freedom isn't Free"....

this is part of what that means.

The other part is all those people that have paid with their life or an eye or a leg or a knee... 

be glad that wasn't you and just pay your taxes with a smile!!!

Id do that if the country wasn't running giant deficits.

As it is I think the national debt is the bigger threat to the country.

Your attitude also reflects the theme that spending Government money here is good but elsewhere it is waste.

I just see the pork.  Sorry if you think that makes me unpatriotic.

on: Today at 10:05:51 AM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by Monroe Native
Sounded to me more like he wanted an potential appraisal vs assessment value.

Best use?   so if he thinks you're land can better be used as a subdivision -  he wants you to pay subdivision prices.   

Price farming out of the state?

on: Today at 09:53:50 AM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by Professor H
And now OSU had a doc in their past too!!!

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/Sex-misconduct-claims-against-OSU-doc-includes-his-private-office-485775511.html

Probably flew under the radar because the victims were men!   Surprised he didn't end up in a hospital -

on: Today at 09:44:41 AM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by Professor H
Decades ago (back in my high school days anyway) this was never an issue.  A full dress military uniform was accepted any place one might attend a 'fancy' affair. 

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/students-chastised-for-wearing-marine-uniforms-at-michigan-high-school-graduation

Sadly the sign of times -  probably so they don't hurt anyones feelings in the audience -

on: Today at 09:41:59 AM 
Some very heavy rains and major flooding happening in the upper peninsula yesterday. 

The area's on both sides of the "canal" took some damages from the nearly 7 inches of rain...

Interesting to hear of sink holes,  probably wash outs vs what they have in Florida!

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2018/06/photos_show_michigans_up_devas.html

on: Today at 09:38:58 AM 
Interesting the shear number of phone calls they get at central dispatch in a day. 

That translates to maybe a couple of dozen calls on the fire frequency so the rest must go to law enforcement.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20180607/number-of-calls-to-monroe-countys-911-service-jumping-each-year

I had my personnel spend a short shift there to get an appreciation for the work they do... it was interesting to see the "other" end of the business.   

on: Today at 09:31:59 AM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by Professor H
Sounded to me more like he wanted an potential appraisal vs assessment value.

Best use?   so if he thinks you're land can better be used as a subdivision -  he wants you to pay subdivision prices.     

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10