MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > What did you see out your window today ?

Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243   Go Down

Author Topic: What did you see out your window today ?  (Read 211505 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: What did you see out your window today ?
« Reply #3600 on: March 14, 2019, 06:52:27 PM »

So, was it your neighbor that was doing it or the county?  You indicated it was your neighbor in your post....

It's nasty here with the rain and mud and rain and mud.  Good time not to park on the grass as you'll sink right away, like my neighbor did last night.  Thought I was going to have to pull his sorry butt out with the Kubota.  he was down to the axles in his front yard that now looks like a war zone....lol

Frost laws are on in Moron County.  Another useless money grabbing scheme.

I am pretty sure it is the county.

Strategic loads dumped all over.

However, I haven't seen it being done, so who knows.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3601 on: March 14, 2019, 07:53:17 PM »

Better than we get.....  We get NOTHING.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3602 on: March 15, 2019, 09:33:17 AM »

Better than we get.....  We get NOTHING.

You should be spending that DTE money while you still have it.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3603 on: March 15, 2019, 10:30:52 AM »

You should be spending that DTE money while you still have it.

???  What DTE money?

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3604 on: March 15, 2019, 10:41:57 AM »

???  What DTE money?

The DTE money that the County, City of Monroe, Frenchtown, and Monroe Township have been living off of for many years.

Take a look at the % of taxes from everyone else and % of taxes from DTE in Monroe County.

It doesn't paint a pretty picture of the future - given the current state of Government Services.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3605 on: March 15, 2019, 10:45:52 AM »

Local governments are like the rest of them.  Spend everything and then some.  The community around Davis Besse in Ohio lived like kings for a number of years and thumbed their noses at everyone around it.  Now DB not providing taxes and community is hurting.  Asking surrounding coummities for some help. You can hear the laughter miles away.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3606 on: March 15, 2019, 11:46:16 AM »

Just like GM Lordstown.  Living high until the end and now crying.  Oh well.  How business works.  All distills down to the UAW (U ain't working) philosophy.  'd like to see DTE pull the plug on the Elm Street facility and refit it to NG.

I see consumers in China Township is now building an NG peakers plant.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3607 on: March 15, 2019, 12:38:43 PM »

Just like GM Lordstown.  Living high until the end and now crying.  Oh well.  How business works.  All distills down to the UAW (U ain't working) philosophy.  'd like to see DTE pull the plug on the Elm Street facility and refit it to NG.

I see consumers in China Township is now building an NG peakers plant.

There is no re-fitting that plant to NG. 

When they quit burning coal it will be obsolete.

It's pretty well there now.  Next election could kill it all together.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3608 on: March 15, 2019, 03:19:28 PM »

There is no re-fitting that plant to NG. 

When they quit burning coal it will be obsolete.

It's pretty well there now.  Next election could kill it all together.

Don't see what it cannot be refitted to NG.  The infrastructure is in place as is the mechanical aspect.  NG is nothing more than refitting the boilers from pulverized coal to NG.  Not a peakers unit where the generation is driven with jet turbines running on NG.  Going to NG from pulverized coal means no fly ash, no hazardous waste, no scrubbers and much less pollution (and probably some laid off coal miners too), though their coal is mined open pit out west, not in deep mines in WVA and PA.  That coal is exported to China btw.

Just waiting for DTE to drop the devaluation hammer on Moron County.  Maybe then, the county government will practice fiscal responsibility.  After all, no finding means fiscal responsibility.  Don't think the citizens of the county will stand for a tax increase to cover the shortfall.

Guess they could install windmills up and down the LE shoreline.  Wouldn't that make a grand addition to the view?  My issue with wind, like solar is, it's only viable when the wind blows or the sun shines.  No wind, no sun, no juice.

I see the judge in Seneca County, Ohio, stuck it up SPower's butt on their wind power project.

Revenue streams don't last forever.  Moron county will find that out and soon.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3609 on: March 25, 2019, 10:40:49 AM »

???  What DTE money?

I see they are giving back about $6  to all customers...   I thought that's what you were referring to :)
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3610 on: March 25, 2019, 05:02:58 PM »

Don't see what it cannot be refitted to NG.  The infrastructure is in place as is the mechanical aspect.  NG is nothing more than refitting the boilers from pulverized coal to NG.  Not a peakers unit where the generation is driven with jet turbines running on NG.  Going to NG from pulverized coal means no fly ash, no hazardous waste, no scrubbers and much less pollution (and probably some laid off coal miners too), though their coal is mined open pit out west, not in deep mines in WVA and PA.  That coal is exported to China btw.

Just waiting for DTE to drop the devaluation hammer on Moron County.  Maybe then, the county government will practice fiscal responsibility.  After all, no finding means fiscal responsibility.  Don't think the citizens of the county will stand for a tax increase to cover the shortfall.

Guess they could install windmills up and down the LE shoreline.  Wouldn't that make a grand addition to the view?  My issue with wind, like solar is, it's only viable when the wind blows or the sun shines.  No wind, no sun, no juice.

I see the judge in Seneca County, Ohio, stuck it up SPower's butt on their wind power project.

Revenue streams don't last forever.  Moron county will find that out and soon.

It isn't going to happen - because there are major differences between a world class coal plant and a NG plant.

It's cheaper to build smaller NG plants that you can fire up on demand than try to turn giant coal turbines with Natural Gas.

I'm sure you know some shakers and movers.  Ask them.  They will tell you.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

CatLady

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3611 on: March 25, 2019, 07:04:30 PM »

Robins
I'm trying to like people but it's hard to get past the STUPID ones!

“I've never had a humble opinion in my life. If you're going to have one, why bother to be humble about it?”
Joan Baez

Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3612 on: March 25, 2019, 09:13:36 PM »

opossums...  yuk.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3613 on: March 25, 2019, 09:20:22 PM »

It isn't going to happen - because there are major differences between a world class coal plant and a NG plant.

It's cheaper to build smaller NG plants that you can fire up on demand than try to turn giant coal turbines with Natural Gas.

I'm sure you know some shakers and movers.  Ask them.  They will tell you.

Big difference between a Peakers Unit (NG fired gas turbine generation) and a refit on an established coal fired plant.  The megawatt difference is appreciable.  DTE has a huge megawatt difference over any Peakers unit and refit isn't that complex either.  Not saying they would or would not but the mechanical infrastructure of the Elm Street facility is such that it might be a viable option.

The turbines are turned with superheated steam.  How that steam is generated is the question and a NG refit isn't that complex again and it mitigates stack emissions too.  I'm sure Warren Buffett would be unhappy.  he provides the coal transportation.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3614 on: March 28, 2019, 12:12:06 PM »

Some spring flowers popping up 
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243   Go Up