MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > another bank robbery????

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: another bank robbery????  (Read 419 times)

tnweasel

• Hero Talker
another bank robbery????
« on: April 13, 2012, 10:36:25 AM »

we have police cars all over our neighborhood....a helicopter circling overhead and police cars on Monroe Street in front of the neighborhood.....my daughter said there are police cars at the MB&T on Monroe Street near A&W....what's going on??????
"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better." ~Maya Angelou

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”  ~John Wayne

tnweasel

• Hero Talker
Re: another bank robbery????
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 10:39:43 AM »

"Police are searching for a suspect who robbed the Monroe Bank & Trust branch near Kmart on N. Monroe St. this morning.
They've described the man as clean cut, wearing a plaid, button-down shirt and a black coat.
Police have mobilized the Raptor helicopter in their search and are circulating security photos of the man. The areas around the bank branch are blocked off and canine units are searching lots and fields near the site."

answering my own question.......
"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better." ~Maya Angelou

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”  ~John Wayne

superspice_10

• Hero Talker
  • Ahahahahahahaha !!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 10:57:42 AM »

And just when I think the neighborhood is dull & boring  :o :o :o there seams to be someone desperate enough to do something illegal , bad  or  stupid in the area.  8* 8* 8*
Here Kitty Kitty !!!!

Dead Time is 3:00 am.

Go # 88 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REBELOUS SINCE 1975 !!!!!!!!!!  8)

AND YOUR POINT IS ??? OH JUST SHUT UP , YOUR TIME IS UP NOW , MOVIN ON NOW !!!!!!!!  8*

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 11:09:06 AM »

I think the monthly bank/pharmacy robbery was late this month! What's it been, six weeks since the last one? Tsk, tsk, tsk......  8*

Some of the comments on facebook say things like, "Didn't know I was living in Compton" and "Wow, is this L.A.?"

My Mom and I used to walk from our home through the fields on either side of Macomb Street on a path that comes up behind Kmart to get to that bank, and we never felt afraid or uneasy. Now that whole area seems to be a magnet for crime between the bank and the pharmacy and the apartments where Neveah was snatched. Of course, back then the brush wasn't so overgrown over Mason Run (hope they check in that ditch for this fugitive). It's very creepy to walk back there now.

I hear the police helicopter way too often. So very sad what is happening to Monroe....

Baggins

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 11:39:31 AM »

Should change the name of Monroe to Little Detroit... :P
"Praise not the day until evening has come,
 A sword until it is tried,
 A maiden until she is married,
 Ice until it has been crossed,
 Beer until it has been drunk!" - (Viking proverb)

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 12:20:39 PM »

Inner-city boundaries always expand.  Unfortunately, Monroe is feeling the expansion of Detroit/Toledo. 

The area where I grew up in Downriver was a sleepy little area where we walked around as kids until 10pm without a worry or care.  NOW it's blended completely into Detroit, even though it's not.   Every time I drive thru on 75, I'm shocked at the area and what it has become.   

I guess we need to know where that zip code is where time stands still and there is no crime.   :-\
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 12:22:23 PM by MM1 »

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

Baggins

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 01:15:10 PM »

I guess we need to know where that zip code is where time stands stil and there is no crime.

It's somewhere in Iowa in the middle of a corn field... :o
"Praise not the day until evening has come,
 A sword until it is tried,
 A maiden until she is married,
 Ice until it has been crossed,
 Beer until it has been drunk!" - (Viking proverb)
Pages: [1]   Go Up