MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > What are you thinking about right now?

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180]   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking about right now?  (Read 157273 times)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking about right now?
« Reply #2685 on: March 02, 2019, 12:48:11 AM »

Spring Break - 

and I hear that the road by my house is being done the old fashion way -  vs the slap on tar and stone... 

I hope they remember to put stone on the shoulders this time!     
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2686 on: March 02, 2019, 09:44:36 AM »

That costs extra for the shoulders. 
My street is about to disintegrate.  One of those with no curbing and installed 20+ years ago.  If they would have done the tar and stone routine when it started to crack it would have prolonged the life but the Moron Cty Commish didn't believe in that at the time.  The bus driver about to refuse to drive down the street because it's so bad toward the circle.. More affluent places call it a Cul de Sac..

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2687 on: March 02, 2019, 12:55:51 PM »

That costs extra for the shoulders. 
My street is about to disintegrate.  One of those with no curbing and installed 20+ years ago.  If they would have done the tar and stone routine when it started to crack it would have prolonged the life but the Moron Cty Commish didn't believe in that at the time.  The bus driver about to refuse to drive down the street because it's so bad toward the circle.. More affluent places call it a Cul de Sac..

In your case it's a Cul de SACK (of crap). ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2688 on: March 02, 2019, 03:21:00 PM »

I'm sure if we give the County more money they will send out Bronco to fix you all up.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2689 on: March 21, 2019, 10:59:16 AM »

I'm thinking about one of our members -   who suffered a horrific tragedy,  and is finally learning the US Justice system captured the person.   

It's been heartbreaking to read - but with the capture hopefully some form of closure will start to heal their lives. 

I'm sure many know about this and we've treaded lightly here out of respect - but I wanted to share this as positive note.   
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #2690 on: March 21, 2019, 11:34:13 AM »

Thanks for that update Prof!  I was not aware of that latest development.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2691 on: March 21, 2019, 03:40:23 PM »

Not up to speed on that one but good to hear justice prevailed even though it moves so slowly

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2692 on: March 21, 2019, 05:20:12 PM »

I was not aware of the development either. Hard to imagine that relief would be used to describe this latest turn. I am glad that the not knowing chapter is behind them. More heartbreak to go though !!
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2693 on: March 25, 2019, 10:39:13 AM »

I was not aware of the development either. Hard to imagine that relief would be used to describe this latest turn. I am glad that the not knowing chapter is behind them. More heartbreak to go though !!
Heartbreak was reading the details - 

The grief process is ongoing -  and the relief I described was more to the fact the person was no longer free to roam society.   TB news had an article on this story - with the blessing of the family.   

Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180]   Go Up